How many of you guys kept your original Xbox when you bought a 360?

Undertaker4eber

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah so I was just curious how many of you guys own an Xbox and a 360. I was gonna get a 360 in a couple of weeks anyways but I figured I would take advantage of the 80 bucks credit gamestop is giving for the trade in of an original Xbox to help ease the price a bit. I hardly ever touch my Xbox now except to play an occasional game of NFL 2K5 or Nascar 07. Im hoping I dont end up missing it too much but I guess I could just pick it back up again later if I do. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Yeah so I was just curious how many of you guys own an Xbox and a 360. I was gonna get a 360 in a couple of weeks anyways but I figured I would take advantage of the 80 bucks credit gamestop is giving for the trade in of an original Xbox to help ease the price a bit. I hardly ever touch my Xbox now except to play an occasional game of NFL 2K5 or Nascar 07. Im hoping I dont end up missing it too much but I guess I could just pick it back up again later if I do. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this.[/QUOTE]

I gave mine (and most of my Xbox games) to my little brother so we could play Halo 2 over LIVE. No regrets at all.

I sold mine. kinda regret not keeping it for CvS2 and SF:A, but then again it's not worth keeping for 2 games.

I kept mine since it's one of the green translucent "Halo" ones and I didn't want to part with it.

I'm glad I did anyway, since half of my Xbox games aren't playable on the 360.

I kept mine to play Metal Slug, Taito Legends, Midway Treasures, Capcom Classics, and all the other games that aren't backwards compatible.

fuck you, Peter Moore!

I sold mine, but my brother still has his. I sold most of my non-BC games, but still have about 15 left that I still play occasionally on my brother's Xbox. I'm still really hoping that a few more of my favorites become BC (Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts, Buffy, etc.).

Kept it also, since its the Halo Limited Edition Xbox. I'll never give it up, since my 360 can't play:
Psychonauts
Riddick
Beyond G&E
Jet Set Radio
Panzer DO
& all other Sega games

I kept mine because of the games not on the BC and my saved games, plus it sits out of the way so I don't need the space back or anything.

BTW in the UK those translucent green Xboxes are worth quite a lot of money, they seemed pretty rare in the UK. Is that the same in the US ?

kept both of mine, 1 halo se and 1 in a blue shell... both run xbmc and since my entire house is networked they both come in handy....

I've kept mine and I pan to keep it for as long as it works. The reasons for this are that I softmodded it with Mechassualt so now it runs XBMC 2.0, now it plays a lot of media (thank you large HD :) ), and the 360 won't play all of my games.

Wow, Panzer Dragoon Orta isn't backwards compatible? To be honest, I couldn't see getting rid of my Xbox anyway (if for no other reason, my saved Morrowind games, though I suppose I could buy a memory card and get my critcal saves to the 360).

Though, I had a bad experience selling a console (sold my Sega CD when the Saturn came out, and wanted the money for some games). I regretted it shortly after, and I ended up waiting several years before buying one back.

I still have mine since it was the LE Halo edition XBOX. I don't play it and it's not hooked up though, so I may sell it. I may wait a few years to see if there is a markup on LE consoles....who knows.

I still have mine hooked up. I play it regularly. My 360 and XBOX are on two different TV's so it gives some flexibility if my son wants to play something on one and I want to play something different.

I kept mine as well, mainly for Panzer Orta, Morrowind, and Psychonauts. Kind of a shame that they aren't BC, although I imagine Morrowind would be a bitch to make BC.

I gave my original Xbox to my son. It is good to have around, because there are still some great games for it that are really cheap to buy.

I kept mine as well. I didn't feel like adapting to the new Controller for Halo2. I know, I know, when Halo3 comes out I'm gonna be at a disadvantage because I haven't used it but I love my Duke Controller.

I'm keeping mine until there are mor games on the BC list or until there is a decent way to transfer save files. After that my son gets it.

I sold mine for $100 with 2 controllers and MOH: Frontline. And I sold a bunch of other games too.

If I wanted to buy it all back now, I'd still make about $50 profit. :D

Sold mine with a stack of demo discs and a few accessories for a jacked up price on Ebay. I've missed it a few times since but I would sell it again for the two launch games it bought.

Kept mine due to crappy backwards compatibility on the 360. Don't regret it at all, just wish they didn't take up so much space. MK Armageddon is getting more play from me right now than any 360 game.

I kept mine — simply for collector's purposes. The only system I've ever sold was the old DS, and that was to buy the DS Lite. I keep all of my systems in mint condition (I rarely even have to blow on my NES games for them to play), so to me, whatever I would get by trading or selling isn't worth not having the system.

bread's done
Back