How Many Songs are in Your Music Library?

dodgeme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
108 (100%)
Just wondering how much music my fellow CAGs have. I used to be much closer to 9000 but it was a lot of crap and low quality so I deleted anything under 256kbps unless its VBR and started over.

At this moment I am currently at
2ziq3oz.jpg

But this goes up by the hour as I have been downloading artist compilations and full albums. As well as re ripping much of what I own on cd.

As of right now, I have 10465 songs. This despite the fact I have not bought much new music for the past few years.

14021 songs between me and my wife totaling 36.7 days. I've been meaning to go in and clean it up, delete crappy music and duplicates but the amount of music we have scares me. :p

I had a feeling I'd be low man on this particular totem pole. I've only got about 1200 songs. I have lots of CDs that I've never gotten around to putting into my library, but I'd still be way, way behind you guys even with everything I own.

26,074 all V0. I have a bunch more FLAC but I am too lazy to get my external out and see how many.

Edit: 7,546 more in FLAC. All of those are also included in the V0 though, just certain cds I like to have backed up in a lossless format just in case something happens to the cd.

Last edited by a moderator:
~4000 on my hard drive and ~2400 on the 16gb card in my phone. I'm really trying to weed out the fluff and focus on the library on my sd card because there are a lot of full cd rips and songs that I skip over 100% of the time (like half of the last Tool album).

I've got 1500. It's working it's way up slowly but surely. I'm just so anal about the organization of my library that it takes me 20 minutes to add an album to iTunes, so it's a slow going process.

I'm strict in organzing mine, I have 11,710

But I own over 1,300 actual CDs, I only keep the songs I like.

I recently decided I want to re-rip all my albums in full, at a higher bitrate. Currently all my music is at 128kbs for space concerns (well space concerns when I started doing this collection in 2000)

I only have like 2000 songs or something around there. If I listen to music on my computer, I will most likily go to Pandora or YouTube

Just shared some music with my friend so I took anything good from him. Now I am up to.

4461 Songs, 12.1 Days, 31.58GB

Shows how quick it grows.

I'm seriously considering trimming that down. Everybody has that day where they look through the list and say "I can't believe I listened to Limp Bizkit."

Currently - 15,650 songs / 86.54 GB / 40.3 days worth.

And this is after making a serious attempt to delete crap I've never listened to, but NEEDED TO HAVE for some reason. My wife knocks me constantly about the amount of excess in my library. I'm highly paranoid that my external hard drive will bite the dust and lose all my years of compiled tunes.... For me, the era of buying cd's is over. :(

I used to have about 5,000 but I dumped my non-legit stuff and went to buying cheap albums from Amazon primarily. Now I'm back up to about 1,000 songs, but almost all are complete albums.

I try to listen to one 'new to me' cd each day in the car. (Usually between the trip there and back I can get through one).

Even if I don't add to what I already have (the 1360+ album is 'new' material on the external hard drive) it will take me nearly three years to get through what I have at this rate.
Yeah, I've got problems.

I'm starting to have the problem of my iPods being too small. I think I am going to keep my touch when I want my favorites but I believe its time to upgrade my old video. Trying to buy a cheap 80gb 6th gen and then put my video up on the bay.

bread's done
Back