How many Steam games do you own?

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Well, recently I was looking over my Steam game list, and I was just wondering how many games that other people owned.

Generally I am against digital distribution. But thanks to Steam getting better and better and also having great weekend deals, I have actually gotten to have quite a few.

So the question is, how many Steam games do you own? Please don't include mods or non-steam games. However, games that you might own a disc of like the Orange Box do count.

Also, if you feel like it, you can list which Steam games you own. But you don't have to. ;)

Personally I own 14 steam games and they are:

Audiosurf
Counter Strike
Counter Strike Condition Zero
Geometry Wars
Garry's Mod 10
Half-Life 2
HL2: Ep1
HL2: Ep2
Left 4 Dead
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Portal
Red Orchestra
Team Fortress 2

Dark Messiah Might and Magic
Team Fortress 2

Audiosurf
HL2
HL2:1
HL2:2
HL2:LC
Peggle Extreme
Portal
Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln
Half Life+ All the Mods like Day of Defeat etc.
Counter Strike (technically a mod, but its big enough to be considered its own game)

So, 11 games or so depending on if you count some of them as game or mods.

I got started buying the HL box that came with CD keys for all the individual games because it was cheaper than buying Counter Strike on its own, and at the time, that's all I wanted from the box.

I still have never played the original half life.

I've got somewhere around 39 games on steam, but the majority of them came from the 3 packs a bought. I got the Silver pack back when Half life 2 just came out which gave me all of valve's back catalog, the orange box, and then the Id pack when it was the weekend deal. The other games are Vampires: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Fallout 3.

whew! i finally beat half life 2 & episode 1, last week. the wait was worth it, i got to play this game with all the bells & whistles, graphics maxed out, 1680x1050 @ super smooth 60 fps. GORGEOUS!!!! no screen tearing, blips, blops, flips or flops!!!

it's been a while since i played a satisfying single player game. the last game that had me this hooked was Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

-----

i'm kicking myself in the butt right now. I missed out on a deal on steam. They had Audiosurf and another game (can't remember the name) for $2.49.

[quote name='level1online']whew! i finally beat half life 2 & episode 1, last week. the wait was worth it, i got to play this game with all the bells & whistles, graphics maxed out, 1680x1050 @ super smooth 60 fps. GORGEOUS!!!! no screen tearing, blips, blops, flips or flops!!!

it's been a while since i played a satisfying single player game. the last game that had me this hooked was Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

-----

i'm kicking myself in the butt right now. I missed out on a deal on steam. They had Audiosurf and another game (can't remember the name) for $2.49.[/QUOTE]
Yea... two days after I bought audiosurf for 10$...

[quote name='level1online']whew! i finally beat half life 2 & episode 1, last week. the wait was worth it, i got to play this game with all the bells & whistles, graphics maxed out, 1680x1050 @ super smooth 60 fps. GORGEOUS!!!! no screen tearing, blips, blops, flips or flops!!!

[/QUOTE]

I need to play through HL2 and Episode 1 again, I understand Valve has enhanced the engine since they were first released. Guess it's time for me to buy Episode 2 as well.

As far as Steam games I've purchased - Silent Hunter 3, HL2: Episode 1, and Prey. I also have Half-Life 1 Anthology, HL2, and CS:Source but I had the box versions of those and activated them on Steam.

I love Steam and try to buy games from it whenever I can. I hate discs for PC games and I love having all of my games linked to one account.

Audiosurf
Bioshock
Codename Gordon
Commander Keen: Complete Series
Counter Strike: Source
Day Of Defeat: Source
Doom 2
Doom 3
Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil
Eets
Final Doom
Geometry Wars
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Deathmatch
Half Life 2: Episode 1
Half Life 2: Lost Coast
Half Life Deathmatch: Source
Half Life: Source
Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Hexen
Hexen 2
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Master Levels Of Doom
Peggle Deluxe
Peggle Extreme
Peggle Nights
Portal
Prey
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 2: Ground Zero
Quake 2: The Reckoning
Quake 3 Arena
Quake 3 Team Arena
QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
Red Orchestra
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Sin 1
Sin Episodes: Emergence
Spear Of Destiny
Stubbs The Zombie
Team Fortress 2
The Ship
Trackmania United Forever
Ultimate Doom
The Witcher: EE
Wolfenstein 3D

Just a handful. I get more enjoyment out of mmorpgs when I play with my PC. But...

Penny Arcade 1
Sam & Max
Audiosurf
TrackMania Nations Forever (I'm waiting for another sale so I can upgrade to United)

And then there's a bunch of crappy little demos I've been too lazy to delete.

HL1 platinum pack, The Orange Box, CS:S (which came with DoD:S), Audiosurf, Beyond Good and Evil, Savage II, The Ship, the GTA pack, the Max Payne Pack, SiN Episodes, Red Orchestra, Stubbs, and Vampire Bloodlines.

Those damn weekend sales rape my wallet.

Counter-Stirke
Counter-Strike Condition Zero
Counter-Strike Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat Source
HL2
HL2 ep1
HL2 ep2
HL2 DM
Portal
Team Fortress Classic
Team Fortress 2
Trackmania

Gonna pick up L4D next week

34. I would have more if my desktop didn't die on me. Probably would have gotten The Ship and Audiosurf at the least. I may be getting L4D as well.

CS Anthology: Condition Zero, Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Ricochet
Orange Box: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Ep. 1, Half-Life 2 Ep. 2, Peggle Extreme, Portal, Team Fortress 2
Half-Life 2 Lost Cost, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Day of Defeat Source

I'd love to purchase more off Steam, not needing any discs for play/install, auto updating, and all your games consolidated in a list are incredibly convenient. But the problem is that I can always find better deals in stores or online. And the difference is sometimes so staggering that just the convenience of digital distribution doesn't justify the price.

For example, I got TR: Anniversary for about $10, but Steam still has it listed at $30. Same with Jade Empire, purchased for $15, but Steam still has it at $30. Grid at $40 when retail price has already dropped to $30, and can be had on Ebay for about $20.

I thought digital distribution would mean lower prices since no packaging costs, no shelf space, less overhead, but so far apparently not. BUt at least weekend deals are great , although I haven't seen anything I don't have already and is interested in.

[quote name='grendel19']I'd love to purchase more off Steam, not needing any discs for play/install, auto updating, and all your games consolidated in a list are incredibly convenient. But the problem is that I can always find better deals in stores or online. And the difference is sometimes so staggering that just the convenience of digital distribution doesn't justify the price.

For example, I got TR: Anniversary for about $10, but Steam still has it listed at $30. Same with Jade Empire, purchased for $15, but Steam still has it at $30. Grid at $40 when retail price has already dropped to $30, and can be had on Ebay for about $20.

I thought digital distribution would mean lower prices since no packaging costs, no shelf space, less overhead, but so far apparently not. BUt at least weekend deals are great , although I haven't seen anything I don't have already and is interested in.[/quote]

Yeah, that is generally my problem with Digital Distribution. However, spare TOB and L4D, everything else I have purchased for under $10 on one of Steam's weekend deals.

I just got Steam like a month ago :lol:

I have:

TF2
Portal
Half-Life
Ep 1
Ep 2
Audiosurf
Garrys Mod

..And several demos

I've a question. If you buy a physical valve game, can you activate it on steam and then download the game? It'd be cool to be able to buy the actual games and have the benefits of being able to download from steam.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I've a question. If you buy a physical valve game, can you activate it on steam and then download the game? It'd be cool to be able to buy the actual games and have the benefits of being able to download from steam.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

According to my Steam page I have 97 but I think that's a bit off. Here's what I have:

Darwinia
Peggle Nights
The Ship
Civ 4/Beyond the Sword
Vampire Bloodlines
Audiosurf
Baseball Mogul 2008
Bioshock
Call of Juarez
Commander Keen
Counter Strike
Day of Defeat
Doom 2
Doom 3/Resurrection of Evil
Eternity's Child
Final Doom
FlatOut
FlatOut2
GUN
Geometry Wars
Ghost Master
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
GTA Sand Andreas
GTA Vice City
HL2/ep1/ep2
Hexen
Hexen 2
Heretic
Lumines
Manhunt
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Midnight Club 2
Multiwinia
Peggle Deluxe
Peggle Extreme
Petz Catz 2
Petz Dogz 2
Petz Horsez 2
Portal
Prey
Puzzle Quest
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3
Railroad Tycoon 2
Railroad Tycoon 3
Rainbow Six Vegas
Red Orchestra
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Ricochet
SiN
Sin Episodes
Sid Meier's Railroads
Stubbs the Zombie
Team Fortress 2
Ultimate Doom
Wild Metal Country
Wolfenstein 3D
The Wonderful End of the World
X-Com Terror from the Deep

I left off most of the expansions.

Edit: I forgot Left 4 Dead

Day of Defeat: Source
Eternity's Child
Garry's Mod
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Stubbs the Zombie
Team Fortress 2

I haven't bought anything from steam and had to download it but I did buy HL2 for $5 on ebay and bought the episode pack from newegg.com for $10. I want to buy the Crysis games from steam but I don't want to have to download them and newegg has the original crysis for $37 and Warhead for $28 with free shipping.

Peggle Extreme

Portal

Red Orchestra

Ricochet

SiN 1 Own the CD

SiN 1 Multiplayer Own the CD

SiN Episodes: Emergence Own the CD

Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress Classic

The Ship

Counter-Strike Own the CD

Counter-Strike: Source Own the CD

Deathmatch Classic Own the CD

Half-Life Own the CD

Half-Life: Blue Shift Own the CD

Half-Life: Opposing Force Own the CD

Half-Life 2 Own the CD

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Own the CD

Half-Life 2: Episode One Own the CD

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Half-Life Deathmatch: Source Own the CD

Well with Steam's great holiday sale, I figured I could bump this thread and see how many games other people got.

Since I last posted, I purchased HL1 and STALKER: SoC on the weekend deals.

Plus, just today I purchased:

Counter Strike Source
Bioshock
Unreal Tournament 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Ultimate Doom
Doom 2

So I guess that brings my total Steam game count to 25!

I've bought five games from Steam. They have all been budget titles at rock bottom prices. In the latest sale I just jumped on Trials 2 for $2.50. Played it a little last night, while not for everyone I think it is a very well made game.

Audiosurf
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode 1
Half Life 2 Episode 2
Half Life 2 Deathmatch
Left 4 Dead
Peggle Deluxe
Peggle Extreme
Portal
Team Fortress 2
Trackmania Nations Forever
Bioshock
CS
CS:S
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Half Life
Half Life Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Ricochet
STALKER
Team Fortress Classic
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Audiosurf
Codename Gordon (I still have it, but you can't get it from Steam anymore)
Commander Keen
Counter-Strike Condition Zero
Counter-Strike Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Geometry Wars
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Heretic
Hexen
Hexen II
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Opposing Force
Peggle Extreme
Portal
Prey
Ricochet
Sin 1
Sin 1 Multiplayer
Sin Episodes: Emergence
Spear of Destiny
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress Classic
Trackmania Nations Forever
Wolfenstein 3-D

36 entries, but all Sin games count as one (I got all three in the bundle), so it's actually 34 games. I own most of iD's other games so I never bought them there. And I don't play Commander Keen and the Hexen / Heretic games in Steam, I'd rather use my custom DOSBox configuration than be stuck with the crappy config they include with their version of DOSBox. :p

Orange Box & Audisurf. I launch all my games through Steam so my list is big, but those are my only two Steam purchases.

All of them bought basically either half-price or at least slightly reduced (see Left 4 Dead).

Yes, half price on The Orange Box. I was a lucky person in Black Friday last year :)

I get about 800 kBps, which is about as high as I ever get (though my downstream is supposedly capped at 10 mbps). Definitely satisfied with the speed, I'm glad they don't force you to upload to others like other digital distributors (looking at you, Blizzard).

700-800 KB/s, which is the hard cap set by Comcast. Speedboost (or whatever they call it) gives me 1.5 MB/s for a few seconds, and then it drops off

bread's done
Back