How much can I get for my MGS4 80gb PS3?

erdmanski1341

CAGiversary!
I recently decided to upgrade and buy a 320gb PS3 slim with the move, and since I don't need the b/c or the extra USB ports, I'm looking at selling my old 80gb MGS4 Ps3. I was going to just take it to gamestop for $100, but was told by numerous people I could get much more for it. I still have the original box and the game, so I am just looking at selling the bundle just as I got it, but used.

I was thinking about throwing it on eBay, but wanted to get some advice from you guys on whether that's the best way to go or not. If so, how much should I expect to get for it.

PS2 backwards compatibility is worth something to certain people so I'm sure you can do better than 100 dollars.

List it for about $300 on Amazon. You'll end up getting about $230 out of it this way. You could also try selling it here for about $250 including shipping with a best offer possibility.

So you think I could get more listing it on Amazon than I could with an eBay auction?

I have used eBay before and never have used Amazon.

You might do well with Buy It Now on Ebay as there are less fees overall from Ebay. The only problem is that it costs money up front to list and it may not sale by the end of the listing. Amazon is free to list for an unlimited amount of time. Amazon is much more consistent than ebay but you might miss out on a few dollars or you might do extemely well compared to Ebay. You never know.

Ebay has changed their listing fee structure last month. You get 50 free listings per month and you can throw in BIN for free in your listings too.

However, they charge their fee based on both the final value + shipping when your stuff sells.

Thanks for all the input everyone. After hearing everything, I'm leaning towards just sticking with what I'm familiar with in eBay. I see one on there now that's up to $295, which would be much more than I would even expect to get.

I'll probably post it for $150 starting bid and $250 BIN. I probably won't get it up there for a couple of days, so if I'm doing the wrong thing or should post it for a different price, someone please let me know.

bread's done
Back