How much did you pay for electroplankton?

joe50000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been looking for this and it seems like every local store that has it inflates the price. How much should I expect to pay?

[quote name='joe50000']I've been looking for this and it seems like every local store that has it inflates the price. How much should I expect to pay?[/quote]

Back when it was a game that could only be purchased in English from select online retailers, I kept watching Gamestop.com every day for about two weeks before a copy showed up at a local store for $24.99 or so. Since then, I believe, they've raised the price to $60. I'm not a fan of Gamestop's recent trends of raising game prices to reflect market value rather than their traditional pricings. Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Electroplankton --- these are just some of the games which have risen in value from their old, much cheaper prices. Heck, even Wii Sports went up from $9.99 to $14.99 last week.

You're easily looking at a $50+ price tag these days. Honestly, I don't think the game is worth that. After a few hours of play, max, you've pretty much exhausted the content. It's an interesting tech demo, very soothing, but there's no game there to speak of.

Ah, I figured. There are tons on ebay for a good price, but a little search here revealed they were pirated copies. I figure $50 is a good price.

I got it for $30 from Gamefly as soon as it came out. I sold it last year for $60. Looking back, I probably should of kept it.

it was $35 when it was released at the nintendo store. i bought it then, and i had already gotten a japanese copy (with headphones) for $40.

Missed it at the Nintendo store when it first came out. Finally found it like a year later at a Gamestop for $35 'Newsed' ('new' but gutted). Of course by then I had already imported the JPN version with the headset for $45.

$59.90 for the japanese version that came with headphones. I remember I tried the demo @ E3 and didn't know wtf to do. I saw some videos of it and wanted it asap! :)

Bought mine straight from Gamestop Used for $24.99, this was 3 years ago. I still had my old DS Fat... ah, those were the days.

I paid $60 for the import back in the early days of the DS when there wasn't much to play. Man, that was a waste of money.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm not a fan of Gamestop's recent trends of raising game prices to reflect market value rather than their traditional pricings.Heck, even Wii Sports went up from $9.99 to $14.99 last week.[/quote]

So you're saying that you don't like it when companies like to make money. It aint a recent trend either. Ask anyone who has been looking for MVC2.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Heck, even Wii Sports went up from $9.99 to $14.99 last week.[/quote]

To be fair, it should be noted that the trade value increased from as low as $1 up to $5. And that is still far below "market value."

BTW, it runs a higher risk factor of not being rare, but if you want to invest on the potential of a game being rare, you could make a worse guess then L.O.L. for the DS. It's for sale in North America only from the Agetec online store and only one print run of around 3,000 was made.

http://www.agetec.com/LOLgame/store.htm

Won't be an ultra, ultra rare, but it's print run in North America was way, way less then Electroplankton.

My wife got it for me for valentines day - straight from the big N. Then I picked up another copy shortly after that used at ebgames - probably around 25ish. L.O.L - haha - I picked that up right when it was available also - still sealed - not even interest - just got it for the rarity.

i thought i paid $30, but maybe i dropped $35. I think i got it from Amazon, b/c it wasn't in any B&M stores. It is a good music experience. It would have been better if it would have recorded your last minute or so of a session and you could choose to save it.

[quote name='joe50000']Ah, I figured. There are tons on ebay for a good price, but a little search here revealed they were pirated copies. I figure $50 is a good price.[/quote]

How can you tell if they are pirated or not? I'm looking at getting this and ebay is my only source.

$29.99 from bestbuy.com when it first came out. I got my 2nd copy used from Gamestop for under $30, before they gouged the used price up to whatever amount it is now.

Whatever Nintendo.com charged when it was first released.

Do you only want it because it's rare or valuable?

I had no idea it was fetching a nice amount now. If it's not easy to find it's probably because it didn't sell well (it's not a good game).

I paid whatever Nintendo charged online when they brought it to North America.

I then proceeded to sell it for $70 on eBay.

bread's done
Back