How much do you hate greasy controllers?

I hear ya, Scrubking. =) TRUST ME!! I love being a host when friends come over ever since I was in Jr. High and like to make sure they're completely comfortable. I'm not a neat freak, but I keep things in my rooms very neat and orderly. I'm not a messy person to say the least. They also know that I'm a collector of many things, not the least of which includes video games.

Again, I want to make sure they're completely comfortable, but I'd hope that they'd have enough respect for how clean I keep my house. So, when I try to ask in as nice a way possible that ppl wash their hands before picking up a controller, especially when they're eating Cheetos or something, there's very little fuss. Sometimes, however, some ppl just don't care or forget seeing as they never do that at their place. Thankfully, my other friends will point it out to them quite quickly so I don't have to seem like an ass. ^^;

In any event, when I go to other ppl's places and use their controllers... man, it's just nasty how greasy and slimy those friggin' things are. But it's there place so what can you do besides crackin' a few jokes at how nasty their controllers feel. =) Truth be told - you come over my place, you won't have to worry 'bout that!

-Soujirou

I don't understand how hard it is for some people to wash their hands. I'm constantly wiping my controllers down with alcohol and using a brush to get out the crud that gets in the seams.

The worst is when controllers change hands and it's suddenly your turn and as soon as you grab the controller it is a slimy mess. Sometimes I think my friends sweat grease.

Speaking of grease what is the best way to keep your mouse clean? No matter how much I clean my mouse it has this residue that won't come off.

[quote name='Scrubking']The worst is when controllers change hands and it's suddenly your turn and as soon as you grab the controller it is a slimy mess. Sometimes I think my friends sweat grease.[/quote]

Yikes. Especially when you have a party going on and everyone's eating wings or pizza. Someone should develop a party food that isn't dipped in grease - that's gamer friendly.

even if I am eating wings or pizza and playing my xbox, im still gonna wash it afterwards even though it was my greasy hands on it

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I hate them THIS much

(which is a lot)[/quote]

What a coincidence, that's how much Jesus loves you. :shock:

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I hate them THIS much

(which is a lot)[/quote]

What a coincidence, that's how much Jesus loves you. :shock:[/quote]

Haha, nice one :p

i find its pretty easy to keep your controllers from getting greasy by just turning off the tv once the pizza gets there. That way every one has at least a chance to wipe off their hands before the gaming starts again.

[quote name='Scrubking']Speaking of grease what is the best way to keep your mouse clean? No matter how much I clean my mouse it has this residue that won't come off.[/quote]

Try putting some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel (get it good and wet) and wipe down the mouse. It should dry really quick. That's what usually works for me. The alcohol cuts through the grease. Windex might work too.

Totally hits close to home. I have to give my controllers a cleaning now that you mention it. Rubbing alcohol works well you say?

Definitely hate it...man we would order pizza but hell no one plays until we are done eating. Since most of the controllers were mine I didn't want their greasy hands on my controllers. I remember the deposit of salt in the little joystick on the N64 controller.

After eating I would actually make them wash their hands.

The worst part is a long time ago I lent Donkey Kong Land to my friend, and because he sweats so much and the placement of his fingers when he would play the old ass gameboy, well basically the pciture was rubbed off.

the worst is cheese doodles. never try eating those while playing. there is no way to get it al off short of washing your hands. or fire. but speaking of asshole friends screwing up your controller, when they do that, i spit on the controller and hand it to them without knowing. nasty little suprise.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Definitely hate it...man we would order pizza but hell no one plays until we are done eating. Since most of the controllers were mine I didn't want their greasy hands on my controllers. I remember the deposit of salt in the little joystick on the N64 controller.

After eating I would actually make them wash their hands.
[/quote]

My friends could never stand that. Heh, funny. Even these days, they give me this scowl when I tell them to wash their hands first- what's so hard about it or difficult to understand? Eesh.

I hate greasy controlers, sometimes, with some people, I wish i could have some special controler just to give to them, and keep my own in good condition.
Maybe someone should make a plastic cover for controlers...

i hate greasy controllers, espeically when friends come over and after eating food they go straight to the controllers...

Speaking of friends and controllers, my friend came over one time RIGHT after I had gotten one of those controller and screen in one thingy's. I had it locked in place, and he was like "OOOOO, WHAT'S THIIIIS?!" and opened it with a bloodcurdling crack. I returned the next day. It wouldn't even stay up anymore.

[quote name='CODIAC']I hate greasy controlers, sometimes, with some people, I wish i could have some special controler just to give to them, and keep my own in good condition.
Maybe someone should make a plastic cover for controlers...[/quote]

That's exactly what I do.

Er, that is, have extra controllers especially for them and their grease.

I'm just glad someone brought this up. I'm laughed at for grabbing someone's controller between Halo rounds and wiping down their controller with my t-shirt. I also don't think it's just a matter of cleanliness. Some people just have really oily skin. My brouther-in-law passed me a controller after his turn in Soul Calibur and the thing almost shot out of my hand like a bar of soap. He swears he washes his hands before he plays, but no matter what, slimey/greasy controller.

Am I the only one who brings my own controller when I play with other people? Then again, that doesn't always prevent them from getting dirty. The other day I was over a friend's house, handed him my controller and he put it on top of a pile of dirty laundry. :shock: I told him I didn't appreciate my controller touching his dirty socks and he said "They're not really dirty, I only wore them for about a week."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

[quote name='danh920']agreed, they're so nasty to touch, I keep a container of clorox disinfecting wipes around to clean mine[/QUOTE]

Do the disinfecting wipes discolor the controls/systems?

I remember my SNES started changing colors when I used to use those alcohols wipes. I've regretted it ever since.

[quote name='Scrubking']Everytime I play with my friends their controllers glisten with gobs of grease - I can't stand it.[/QUOTE]

Question, What does your friends do before playing with your controllers to make them all greasy?

... the thought of grease makes me cringe. I cannot stand grease at all, but I barely have people come over and sweat grease off my controllers. That is just freaking nasty. I feel bad for those who do have disrespecting people who don't wash their hands after eating or something and touching YOUR controllers. Although I probably have the right amount of people for their own controllers, it does suck to have the controller kinda sweaty (not greasy like).

A bit off-topic, I can't stand dirty people in general. For some reason when I see girls wearing white sandals and you can see the dirt imprint of their feet. /puke I remember I let my friend borrow my shoes one time and I could never get that dirty imprint off.

I wash my hands and make everyone else do the same before we play. When we leave the game to eat I make them wash their hands again before they can play. I also bring my own controller to someone elses house or I clean theirs before using it. Noting wrong with being anal about controllers.

[quote name='sabin23']Do the disinfecting wipes discolor the controls/systems?

I remember my SNES started changing colors when I used to use those alcohols wipes. I've regretted it ever since.[/QUOTE]

I use Clorox/Lysol wipes all the time for Gamecube, Dreamcast, and PSone controllers, and there seems to be no problems with those. (I don't think any of those of alcohol, though I'm not sure about that...)

And what's with bringing this back from the dead? :|

bread's done
Back