How much for Playstation Parlor PS3?

Dokstarr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I have the gold the Playstation Parlor PS3. I've been thinking about selling it for a few years now, but was trying to gauge what people think it would be worth on a site like eBay? I know some people weren't a fan of the gold paint, but I personally think it looks pretty snazzy.

It is a 60gb launch edition console, no YLoD or any other problems. I honestly never play much PS3. Only games I played through completely on it were Infamous and an imported copy of Siren. I then got worried about it dying or having other launch related issues, so I picked up a new PS3 when amazon had some good sales around when Infamous 2 came out (haven't played any PS3 games since then either :/ )

Since then it has just been packed up in bubble wrap in my closet. I'm all for one of kind and unique things, but I generally focus on older Nintendo stuff (got an awesome World of Nintendo neon sign a few weeks back, a 7ft tall Virtual Boy store display unit, Kong Off stuff, etc.) so I was thinking about selling it if I could get a good penny out of it.

For a youtube video from the even where it came from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ksuz-8OpqY

Thanks

These kind of official Variant console models really only start to increase in value far after the system's lifespan. When people are collecting that systems games and console variants.being that it's an official Sony made variant I would hold onto it for a few years unless you need the money.

[quote name='jer7583']These kind of official Variant console models really only start to increase in value far after the system's lifespan. When people are collecting that systems games and console variants.being that it's an official Sony made variant I would hold onto it for a few years unless you need the money.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff to think of. I really don't need the money, was just trying to clean up some space out of the closet.

I couldn't decide if this would go up in value way past the system's lifespan or would interest begin to decline as the PS4, 5 and so forth come out. Now that I think on it, something one of a kind will probably go up in value. Holding onto it will probably be for the best. I just have to be careful not to shift it around and not use it. I assume the YLoD would really hurt the value.

I would hold on it. It seems like the days of BC consoles are outnumbered so the fact that this is a variant of an already rare console will likely appreciate at a steady pace.

From the looks of that video, the only thing truly unique about this system is the top piece of it. The rest of it looks like a standard 60gb model.

But I too would say to hold onto it as it should only go up in value as long as it still works and there were very limited numbers of them made.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']From the looks of that video, the only thing truly unique about this system is the top piece of it. The rest of it looks like a standard 60gb model..[/QUOTE]

As far as my understanding the top of it is painted with gold auto paint and then laser etched. It was the official unit on display and the official Playstation Parlor PS3. They were a few different other customized PS3s there but they were all given to NBA stars and celebrities.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you currently have an eBay account it should be very cheap for you to just through it up as a fixed price, Buy-It-Now, Immediate Payment Required listing.

Just pick a price that would make you happy if it sold and if not you're only out the dollar or so to list it.

Be sure under "duration" to choose GTC (Good till closed/cancelled) and that way it will stay visible and wont end after 30 days.

Take plenty of pictures, put up a good description and be honest.

[quote name='Dokstarr']As far as my understanding the top of it is painted with gold auto paint and then laser etched. It was the official unit on display and the official Playstation Parlor PS3. There were some other different PS3's there, but they were a few different other customized PS3s there but they were all given to NBA stars and celebrities.[/QUOTE]
I was going to say that I really couldn't find anything other than a YouTube clip showing it and this thread. Every other result pretty much went to websites where people showed off custom cases for the PS3 which required voiding any warranty by opening the case.

What All-star game is that from?

How about a mock auction here to see what u might get.

I'll start the bidding at 200 dollars. Thanks.

bread's done
Back