How much is your old school collection worth?

KABUKISTAR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just felt like cataloguing my PS1, then checking on Amazon to get an approximate value of each of my games. When I added it up, it surprised me. Try it; it might surprise you, too.

Azure Dreams $35*
Breath of Fire III $32
Breath of Fire IV $48
Bushido Blade 2 $22
Bust a Groove $60
Bust a Groove 2 $90
Chrono Cross $10
City of Lost Children $17.5
Darkstalkers (new) $100
DDR Konamix $10
Fighter Maker $4
Final Fantasy VII $69
Final Fantasy VIII $11
Final Fantasy IX $8
Final Fantasy Tactics $30
Kagero's Deception $16
King of Fighters '99 $8
Legend of Mana $44
Metal Gear Solid $10
Monster Rancher $40
Rival Schools $31
Star Ocean: Second Story $42.5
Tecmo's Deception $17
Twisted Metal 3 $5
Twisted Metal 4 $3
Um Jammer Lammy (US) $5
Um Jammer Lammy (JP) $5**
Valkyrie Profile $100
Xenogears $50

Total: $923 Too bad I could never get rid of them :bouncy:

*Azure Dreams was in a Star Trek game case for some reason. Weird.
** I couldn't find an amazon page for the Japanese version, so I just guessed it was the same as the US.

Methodology: Find your game on Amazon.com, then find the *lowest* price that a copy in your condition (and level of completeness) sells for. Repeat for every game you own. I also rounded to the nearest $.50. I know it's not perfect, but it's the easiest way.

Nowhere near as much as most of you but I'd say the total value for all my older games, pre-PS2/XB/GC games, by system:
Dreamcast - $150 (15 games)
Gameboy - $30 (2 games)
GB Color - $100 (5 games)
NES - $80 (16 games)
PS1 - $2000 (86 games)

The PS1 estimate was a very quick estimate as I'm too lazy to go through 86 games.

Probably a lot :) I have tons of old school video game systems and games, and many still with box and manuals. I have an extensive Commodore 64 collection too.

To get a ballpark value on my games I usually go to ebay/completed auctions then find the average selling price.

I had a pretty big collection several years ago that I sold off for $2,000. The money helped me get a car. Oddly I don't miss them too much.

I just made around $300 selling my NES and SNES games earlier this year. I could probably make another few hundred from my PSX collection (gotta love all those Square and Working Designs RPGs, plus Darkstalkers which I didn't realize was actually valuable until today), but I'm not planning to sell that any time soon. I only have a couple of Dreamcast games and nothing particularly noteworthy.

[quote name='AppleQueso']here's a good website to check prices: http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/

I don't have time to calculate right now, but last I checked my SNES collection is worth around $250 or so. Mind you it's not very big.[/quote]

Using this...

$135.79 for my SNES games. Well, the 15 I can find anyway (not sure if I have anymore). Looking at the prices, I'm glad I sold Krusty's Super Fun House years ago in middle school for $20, considering I bought it for under $10 and it's only going for $5-ish now.

My Genesis Collection is $131.32. That's 44 games AND includes Streets of Rage 3 which is over $30. A LOT of .75 cent games. Still, it's averages out to about $3 per game and I seldom spent over that on each one. Most were $1, like four of them were a quarter a piece. My friend's hooking me up with doubles whenever he finds his stash. Oh, and no listing on there for Whac-a-Critter. Amazon has it for .99 though, so uh... 132.31 for all 45. Oddly enough, I got all those games in the past three years.

Most of my NES stuff is buried, but judging from the prices, not a lot of the games I got appear to be worth much (a few $5-$10 and a good bit of .75-$2-ish)

My 64 collection is small... $26.79. I got the two WWF THQ games, all three Tony Hawks and Yoshi's Story. I did have the worthless WWF Attitude and Warzone, but I traded those at Funcoland for their entire stock of like six or seven copies of SMB (I didn't have an NES at the time and couldn't even afford to get Shaq-Fu for the SNES for free...) and left them at my friend's to give away. Surprisingly within a year, he found enough people that had Nintendos but not the game. :whistle2:?

EDIT: Might do my X-Box later. It's not that big, but I'm lazy.

My X-Box collection is $101.55 out of 25 games. (Not counting a Call of Duty which I misplaced after getting the system). Five of those games are older, fairly worthless, football games I got free with the system when I bought it used. But the X-Box system is the Mountain Dew one, so I think it's still worth around $100 and I bought it for $20 (don't have the controller, though).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back