How much should I expect to get for this?

LastDCMade

CAGiversary!
Last dreamcast made signed by the developers. I won it in the gamepro contest.
CIMG1578.jpg

If you find the right collector you could probably pull in a nice penny. Hard to say though. There is only 1 last dreamcast.

Aside from the letter, how would one verify it I wonder. Really cool collector's item. No clue how one would appraise it.

[quote name='LastDCMade']Last dreamcast made signed by the developers. I won it in the gamepro contest.
CIMG1578.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Great piece of nostalgia that should be treasured. Shame that everything these days boils down to, "how much can I get for it?"

I don't know that everything boils down to "how much can I get for it" just because this guy is selling a completely pointless collectible because he knows that the cash is going to be better than an outdated system with a bunch of sharpie on it. Don't get me wrong... I think its friggin sweet, but when it boils down to it, I would sell it in a heartbeat and buy something I was excited about more than this. You act like he's selling something sentimental like his dead grandfather's banjo. [quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Great piece of nostalgia that should be treasured. Shame that everything these days boils down to, "how much can I get for it?"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Great piece of nostalgia that should be treasured. Shame that everything these days boils down to, "how much can I get for it?"[/QUOTE]
If it's a choice between letting something collect dust that serves no purpose other than being a collector's piece or selling it and getting money to live life with, I'd take the cash over the collectible virtually every time.;)

But don't you dare ask me to sell my 1880's Morgan silver dollars cuz those are not for sale.:razz:

Your family and friends should be "treasured", or at least a meaningful heirloom...not a dreamcast with some illegible sigs on it from non celebs(at least to 99.9% of the world). There's no "shame" in dumping it for as much money as possible. I'll be really curious to see how much you get for it. A very select few would have interest in it, but they may be willing to shell out a decent amount.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Great piece of nostalgia that should be treasured. Shame that everything these days boils down to, "how much can I get for it?"[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is a collector that wants to fill their house to the brim with Video Games. Personally, I prefer comics, so if I won something like that, I would sell it to fund my comic buying.

I'd either A. put it on ebay with a $.99 start price and let er run for 10 days, or B. Put it on ebay with an impossible Buy It Now and add the Best Offer option and see what kind of offers you get.

I don't think you'd be able to get a whole lot of money for it, but I know I'd certainly like to have it. For someone like me, this is a great piece of memorabilia. It's like any other collectible: some people will treasure it and some people will think it's junk. If I had an autographed Babe Ruth baseball, I'd slap that bitch up on eBay. If I had an autographed Sega console, it'd go in a fancy display case. We all value things differently.

Unfortunately, I think the only way this would make a lot of money would be if you auctioned it for charity. But that of course would be a waste compared to giving it to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But don't you dare ask me to sell my 1880's Morgan silver dollars cuz those are not for sale.:razz:[/QUOTE]
What years exactly? And what mints are they from? Just curious 'cause I'm a coin collector.

EDIT: Not trying to buy them, by the way, so don't worry. Ha ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']What years exactly? And what mints are they from? Just curious 'cause I'm a coin collector.

EDIT: Not trying to buy them, by the way, so don't worry. Ha ha.[/QUOTE]
It's been a while since I looked at them actually.:cry: But at least I'm getting some use out of the lockbox from my GTA IV Special Edition as that's what they're stored in.:lol: It may not be a proper vault, but it'd give some thieves a good run for their money for a bit I'm sure.

If I remember correctly though, I had mostly Morgans in the 1880-1890's range and all various mint marks, including the New Orleans minted ones.

I stopped collecting them after the prices at the local pawn shop went from $10-15 each to $20-30+. Although that also likely had a little to do with the price of silver rising as well.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's been a while since I looked at them actually.:cry: But at least I'm getting some use out of the lockbox from my GTA IV Special Edition as that's what they're stored in.:lol: It may not be a proper vault, but it'd give some thieves a good run for their money for a bit I'm sure.

If I remember correctly though, I had mostly Morgans in the 1880-1890's range and all various mint marks, including the New Orleans minted ones.

I stopped collecting them after the prices at the local pawn shop went from $10-15 each to $20-30+. Although that also likely had a little to do with the price of silver rising as well.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Not bad, you got those for an awesome price. I love finding good deals like that. All of my coins are just in a big makeup kit (like those old Caboodle cases), so you're probably better off than I am. I do plan on eventually getting a proper safe, though. I've got a booklet full of old pennies worth about $70-$150 each, so I definitely need something more secure to keep them all in. That booklet (with about 40 pennies) alone could fetch me a few thousand bucks if sold to a serious collector.

Do you have any plans for your coins? Part of me can't stand the thought of ever parting with my collection, but at the same time, I question what I gain by holding on to them. I'll just have to see how I feel in another 20 years...I'd probably be able to put my kid through college with these things.

You could most likely get anywhere from $200 to around $2400 depending on where and when you sell it and who you sell it to. It's not the best idea to ask cheap b@stards like us how much you can get for something like that simply because, well, we're cheap b@stards. That is why we are on this site. Realistically, I'd say you can get about $600-$800 if you were to sell it within the next few months. If you wait maybe a year, you could get closer to that $2400 because the economy might improve and you may have a seller's market. This purchase would be considered discretionary so, for there to be a demand for it, people must have some money to spare. Of course, this is all under the assumption that the dreamcast is new, never been used. Don't hold your breath, but you might find some idiot collector who will give you a lot more than that for it. You never know.

I second the idea to put it up with a ridiculous buy it now price on eBay with Best Offer and see what people would be willing to pay.

Well I hadnt checked for a while but I see its getting some attention now. I won this when I was 14 or 15 and was really into games. Now Im 24, married, have school debt and really want to get our own house and stop renting my parents other house. If I could sell this and get rid of my student loans that would save us about 5-600 dollars a month. Which would def. make things easier.
I am thinkin about putting some stupid price on it and putting it up on ebay just to see what will happen.
Thanks guys for the comments and I will let you guys know what happens with it.
Oh and somebody asked how else I could prove its true beside the letter. Ive got the original tax form I had to file because I had to pay taxes on it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Not bad, you got those for an awesome price. I love finding good deals like that. All of my coins are just in a big makeup kit (like those old Caboodle cases), so you're probably better off than I am. I do plan on eventually getting a proper safe, though. I've got a booklet full of old pennies worth about $70-$150 each, so I definitely need something more secure to keep them all in. That booklet (with about 40 pennies) alone could fetch me a few thousand bucks if sold to a serious collector.

Do you have any plans for your coins? Part of me can't stand the thought of ever parting with my collection, but at the same time, I question what I gain by holding on to them. I'll just have to see how I feel in another 20 years...I'd probably be able to put my kid through college with these things.[/QUOTE]
I honestly have no plans for the coins at this point. They're just sitting there collecting dust in their little holders. Although I did get those clear plastic rounds to put the silver dollars into so they weren't just sitting loose in a bag or box in there.

I think that the most expensive ones I have is one of the Morgan dollars though. If I valued it right it's in XF condition and worth about $70-80. Although the melt value for many of them may be more than that now since I believe silver has gone up a bunch lately.

[quote name='LastDCMade']f I could sell this and get rid of my student loans that would save us about 5-600 dollars a month. Which would def. make things easier.
[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt you will be able to get rid of your student loans by selling this. There just isn't a very big market that would be interested in this. I'd be pretty surprised if you got over much more than 1k for it. I just don't think there are enough people out there who would find your auction that would be willing to pay substantial sum of money and get into a bidding war. Your best hope would be to get a blog to write about your listing some how. I have seen them post about rare listings in the past.

If you put it up for auction try to get some attention from the video game news sites/blogs. I'm sure they will post it since they post just about anything relating to video games.

I would guess a couple thousand if you find a couple of buyers who bid against each other for it.
really cool item.

On amazon you can list it for free as a collectible and for whatever price you want.

But maybe even better luck tracking down sega forums/users to find serious collectors/buyers.

cags prolly wouldnt be the ones who would pay you the most for it.

I wouldnt be in a rush to sell it. Just wait for offers .

[quote name='DarkRider23']Not everyone is a collector that wants to fill their house to the brim with Video Games. Personally, I prefer comics, so if I won something like that, I would sell it to fund my comic buying.[/QUOTE]

Houses have brims?

I don't know. The type of collectors who would bid over a grand on a Uncharted 3 Treasure Hunter Edition would probably pay a handsome price on the one and only, signed, the last Dreamcast ever made.

bread's done
Back