How much should I price this DS game lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dg7md

CAGiversary!
I'm in the mood for some "quick" money cleaning out some excess games and, while this is by no means attempting to be a fire sale, I would just like to dump some games to some gamers to enjoy. I prefer lots because really, more or less me not wanting to deal with shipping separate boxes out to so many addresses. That would be a big pain for me as I don't consider this as a routine thing I do.

Anyway, I was looking through my closet and discovered a gem of mine: a black Nintendo DS Lite that doesn't even get touched any more at all! Kind of a shame, but that's how things are when you're older, busier and into the HD gaming thing.

What would be a fair pricing, for those aware of values and the like, for this lot? Individual prices for the rarer ones would be appreciated by me, if at all possible. I plan to dump these on eBay and I know there's a market flooded with bootleg or pirated games but I assure these are all legitimate.

- Black Nintendo DS Lite w/ all accessories and extra stylus
- Metroid Prime Hunters demo
- WarioWare: Touched!
- Trauma Center: Under the Knife
- Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
- Super Princess Peach
- Super Mario 64 DS
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Metroid Prime Hunters
- Mario Kart DS
- Dementium: The Ward
- Contra 4
- Big Brain Academy

All games are mint in original cases and box and manual. Any good pricing thoughts on this? I have not a clue of DS game values or anything as I tend to play them once and never touch them again, aside from Wario and Mario Kart of course.

If by any chance someone here wants it, well, I'd be willing to talk! I considered trading to GameStop but I really don't want to purchase games with the money I'd get, so, I'd like to get at least a portion of what I put into this miniature collection back in dollars only to end up wasting among something else. :lol:

I was thinking 300 or so would be a good price? More? Less? What would you put as a good number for it or expect it to go for? If anybody from CAG wins it or wants it I'd throw in a random mix of stuff, like gaming posters or some original Gameboy games, just an FYI.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well 300 was just a round number to work with, I figure it gave some leverage to cover for some possible rare games in that mix. I know GBA game prices shot WAY up so I figured/guessed that it'd be that way for some of the DS ones. 225-250? This would be just pricing a BIN or some sort of instant pricing sort of deal, not necessarily what I'd get per se, just an estimation of some kind.

What I do is check to see what the games are going for on Amazon (first) then on Ebay. Ebay sellers think that they can get the same price in return that they paid for it originally (which is almost never true in the real world!)

Check Amazon's third-party sellers (people selling their games through Amazon) to get a clearer pricing strategy. From what I've been able to look up, you're not going to get $300 for your collection. $225 or $250 seems more appropriate. Maybe if you give a CAG discount, $200?

Black Nintendo DS Lite (Onyx Black) Cheapest $82.99
WarioWare: Touched! Cheapest $23.48
Trauma Center: Under the Knife Cheapest $9.23
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence Cheapest $17.99
Super Princess Peach Cheapest $19.18
Super Mario 64 DS $15.94
- New Super Mario Bros. $19.45
- Metroid Prime Hunters $19.95
- Mario Kart DS $18.17
- Dementium: The Ward $12.25 ($12.73 NEW)
- Contra 4 $10.99 used, $11.10 NEW
- Big Brain Academy $12.43

If a person was to buy the same games (not including the DS Lite) on Amazon (used), they'd be looking at $179.17 (+ shipping) Given that most of them are cartridge only, I figure that most people would be more than willing to go this route...everybody I know that buys DS games usually throws the packaging away and only keep the cartridge.

GBA games rarely have boxes...but DS games I've bought & traded almost always do (the joy of plastic?) $200-225 sounds about right. I'm assuming the system is in very good condition. If it's too old, the battery's on it's way out - you may want to include a new one to mitigate any concerns a potential buyer might have.

[quote name='GraftonWVDiskExchang']..everybody I know that buys DS games usually throws the packaging away and only keep the cartridge.[/QUOTE]

so is this why I get so pissed off when I go to game stop because all they have is a whole wall of their ugly ass cases?

How about you look at the prices instead of being so fucking lazy and asking us to do it for you.

This is a bragging rights forum, not an I'm too lazy to do some research so I will ask others to do it for me forum.

System is in top shape and the battery still goes on without a hitch. I'd be satisfied with 225ish for it all. I typically do pretty well in terms of making back money I spent on what I sold, as I've made a bit on rarer games I sold off in the past, like MVC2 and the Gamecube GBA player. Thank you all for the assistance! I'd let it go for 210 shipped for a CAG and I'd also throw in some bonus stuff if anybody would want to talk that out, just PM me or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back