How much should it cost for a modded sega saturn?

hrm, modded how? The saturn could play imports with a cartredge that you could buy at your local EB.

Dunno why you would need to mod it...

I think ncsx.com still does Saturn modifications to play imports but not cdr's. Last I checked they charged around 30 bucks for the modification and return shipping. I just said screw it and bought a japanese Saturn from someone a few years ago.

If you want to play cd-r's, then I don't know where to get the modchip at.

Well I have the cartridge to play imports but for some reason its not working on some regular japanese games (ones that don't need the extra ram). I checked around and to get a new cartridge is around $40 (plus shipping) and a japanese saturn for at least $90 (plus shipping).

The cartridge solution may not work if he wants to play games needing the memory expansion cartridge like king of fighters and xmen vs street fighter. I don't know what the going price is but I would pay 60 to 70 for 1. I payed 50 to have mine modded back in the day. Mine has a switch that you use to switch between it loading japanese games and american games. I have all those games needing the memory cartridges too. Gotta love the saturn.

[quote name='matyou']The cartridge solution may not work if he wants to play games needing the memory expansion cartridge like king of fighters and xmen vs street fighter. I don't know what the going price is but I would pay 60 to 70 for 1. I payed 50 to have mine modded back in the day. Mine has a switch that you use to switch between it loading japanese games and american games. I have all those games needing the memory cartridges too. Gotta love the saturn.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and the sega saturn has the switch on back. I'll offer $50 and hopefully he accepts :).

I have the 4meg Ram cart import thingy AND X-Men Vs. Street Fighter... works like a charm. I have like 10 Japanese games for my Saturn and they all work perfectly with it. the ONLY thing that didn't work was my US Version of Panzer Dragoon Saga, but that was because Sega did it to prevent people from cheating LOL

But yeah, what game did you try and have not work?

bread's done
Back