How much to refund?

Alex2290

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I sold a game on ebay for $32 + $2.99 shipping, so a total of $34.99. He changed his mind and wants to return it. How do I refund him the $32 and not the $2.99, as well as covering any fees I've incurred (listing, final value, paypal fees, etc)?

Thanks.

Also: this buyer wants me to pay return shipping to me in addition to refunding him the full $34.99. I lol at this, but if he files a dispute what should my course of action be? He received the game and he is claiming that it's resealed (even though it's factory sealed..), he just wants to either return it or something for nothing.

I am not going to give him shipping credit back. It's not my fault he decided he doesn't want it after he's received it. Is there an official ebay link to click on that refunds only the cost and not shipping? (and refunds fees back to myself?)

i wouldn't take it back. if he files a dispute then so be it. i believe he can only get what he paid and not more for return shipping....

and if you have your shipping info (tracking or delivery confirmation numbers) and can attest that the item was factory sealed, i would think you're in a good position

The ebay listing had pictures... so he can see it's sealed. If he thought the seal was fake then he shouldn't have bid. It's real, btw. He just changed his mind.

I do have tracking on the package. I'm just hoping this doesn't escalate into a dispute, because imo the buyer is being pretty unreasonable. I offered him to return it since his first complaint, even though the auction says "no returns."

Make him pay return shipping and only give him a partial refund (minus your shipping cost). Also check the condition of what he returns to you before doing anything; maybe he has a reseal that he's trying to switch out on.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Make him pay return shipping and only give him a partial refund (minus your shipping cost). Also check the condition of what he returns to you before doing anything; maybe he has a reseal that he's trying to switch out on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know that but how much do I refund in total? I want the money from the fees back too.

Sigh what a douche. I hate ebay because of crap like this and the fees. Even though you clearly say NO RETURNS you can easily end up screwed regardless if they do want to return.

You also have to worry about negative feedback if you've got a lot or close to 100%...

Personally I'd fight it and see how it turns out. No returns should mean just that.

be sure to post in the blocked bidder thread!

also just curious, is the game fairly new or rare? also see what feedbacks he received/gave in the past

[quote name='Squarehard']http://www.rolbe.com/ebay.htm

There's a reverse calculator if you switch the tabs.[/QUOTE]

So according to the calc, I should only refund him $30.35? BIN: 39.99, start: 5.00, end: 32.00, s&h: 2.99

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sigh what a douche. I hate ebay because of crap like this and the fees. Even though you clearly say NO RETURNS you can easily end up screwed regardless if they do want to return.

You also have to worry about negative feedback if you've got a lot or close to 100%...

Personally I'd fight it and see how it turns out. No returns should mean just that.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind him returning it as long as it's in the same condition sent, but he is being unreasonable.

Oh, and I'm not going to refund him $34.99 to avoid one negative feedback.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']be sure to post in the blocked bidder thread!

also just curious, is the game fairly new or rare? also see what feedbacks he received/gave in the past[/QUOTE]

Done. And the game is System Shock 2

Nifty, so he's complaining about getting a sealed game close to the price of what an open one would cost him :bomb:

I wouldn't refund him anything either. No refunds means no refunds. If you don't mind me asking...what is yours and his feedback % and totals?

if there isn't anything wrong with the product, the customer shouldn't be allowed to return it. if you're not worried about the negative feedback (even though it's undeserved) just tell the guy to live with his decision.

Isn't there a quote on the bidding page that says something like this "
By clicking the Confirm bid button, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder." So he bought and paid for an item that he committed to buying. It's his and even if you said returns excepted you still can refuse. I wouldn't refund anything, it's his committment to buy it and you're just the supplier. It's like if you go buy most any product and want to return it, they can take it back but still have the right to refuse the return. And if you decide to take it back, don't refund anything until you recieve the game like the others have said, and make sure it's in the same condition.

As a fellow ebay seller. If you put no refunds in your listing. Do not give it to him. But lately Ebay is protecting the buyer and not the seller. Time for them to reverse that.

bread's done
Back