How much was your 3DS/DSi/DS Lite/DS?

fezlopez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I paid $176 for mine. Included everything: slightly dinged box, Nintendo code, manuals, and even an extra car charger and leather pouch! :D

Bought it from Amazon. I love him but he's getting hungry for more games. He's getting dirty also but that's how little boys are (ok, not like that, uh nevermind). lol

x3uaoj.jpg

[quote name='boogie4114']Umm...free as a gift from my gf.

What is the point of this thread again?[/QUOTE]

Price discussion. What's the point of a yard sale thread again? ;)

I paid MSRP + 5% sales tax for mine new.

On the other hand, I bought it on a day where I got loyalty points that essentially work out to nearly a 35% rebate.

I paid $50 plus tax out of my pocket for my 3DS. I had $200 in gamestop gift cards from erewards.
MSRP for a Polar White DS Lite, Special Edition Mario Red DS Lite, 25th anniversary DSI XL, Black DSI.

Last edited by a moderator:
$150 for fat Blue DS with Mario 64
$150 for gold DS Lite with Zelda, but I got a rebate I think.
$186 for DSi plus Rhythm Heaven
$155 for Mario DSi (black friday deal)
$250 for 3DS with $25 off game plus case

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']I paid MSRP + 5% sales tax for mine new.

On the other hand, I bought it on a day where I got loyalty points that essentially work out to nearly a 35% rebate.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, do you get your "loyalty points" from your credit card? What is it?

[quote name='Rocko']Paid MSRP for the original DS, MSRP for a black DS Lite, and MSRP for the blue 3DS. Riveting.[/QUOTE]

Man, I remember back when I was younger when I'd paid retail for all my items. Those were my "go to Gamestop to buy!" days. those days are gone after Amazon and Ebay came in my life. haha.

A little story:

About 2 weeks ago, I was searching for a deal on a 3DS on Ebay. Sometime around midnight I spotted one. It was a store demo unit and it included Street Fighter 3D. The only problem was the battery couldn't hold a charge. It was selling, no joke, for less than $120.

One question to my mind, Can I replace the battery? I immediately googled. I was half-sleepy but tried my best to focus. After 4 minutes, I couldn't find anything specific on the topic. When I returned to the listing, it was sold.

FML

The next day (when I was wide-awake) I found out you can replace it with a 3rd party battery from Nyko.

------------------

Random question: How do you change the title of the thread? I can't find the option anywhere.

[quote name='fezlopez']If you don't mind me asking, do you get your "loyalty points" from your credit card? What is it?[/QUOTE]

no, it's Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

Their loyalty points work out to 20 points per dollar you spend and 95,000 points is the highest tier with redemption of $170 on that.

But every few weeks they'll have a 20x points day, so on those days you spend $475 and you can get enough points to redeem $170 (and then there are days where 95000 will be worth $200 instead).

[quote name='fezlopez']Man, I remember back when I was younger when I'd paid retail for all my items. Those were my "go to Gamestop to buy!" days. those days are gone after Amazon and Ebay came in my life. haha.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't buy used hardware, personally. Nor would I waste my time looking for deals on brand new hardware that I want.

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']no, it's Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

Their loyalty points work out to 20 points per dollar you spend and 95,000 points is the highest tier with redemption of $170 on that.

But every few weeks they'll have a 20x points day, so on those days you spend $475 and you can get enough points to redeem $170 (and then there are days where 95000 will be worth $200 instead).[/QUOTE]

Hm, that's interesting. I don't know of any pharmacy in the USA (or at least around me) that has a program like that. That's a hell of a deal though!

[quote name='Rocko']I wouldn't buy used hardware, personally. Nor would I waste my time looking for deals on brand new hardware that I want.[/QUOTE]

I buy used games and sometimes used accessories. But when it comes to consoles, I like them Like New or New. Ever since the 360's RROD term came out, I put more attention on other hardware's longevity. The best way to put that in your side is buying the item just like new or, like you say, new.

$330 (with a screen protector) shipped for an imported black 3DS. $250 shipped (with a case and screen protector) for an imported dark brown DSiLL. Retail+tax for the others.

Sold the 3DS at a slight loss in anticipation of the red version seeing as it's the color I really wanted anyways.

[quote name='fezlopez']Hm, that's interesting. I don't know of any pharmacy in the USA (or at least around me) that has a program like that. That's a hell of a deal though![/QUOTE]

Pretty decent, but they make more than enough money selling 2 12-packs of 355ml cans of Coca-Cola or Pepsi for $9 (and they're often the only 24-hour stores in many places, which I suspect is how they make a lion's share of their profit).

Is it worth trading a ps3 (80GB BC) for a 3 week old 3DS (friend says his kids rather play their dsxl)

MSRP For Original DS (still have it)
MSRP for DS Lite (played the crap out of it but it broke)
$119 for DSi last black friday, still playing the crap out of it.

No 3DS until Nintendo shows me they can bring over some decent RPG's to the states... or at least until the console gets a huge price drop and a new model revision.

I bought almost all of my consoles used for rock bottom prices at yard sales, except my Wii which I won in a contest and my Gamecube which I paid full for but came with a Gameboy player for free, I even bought my PS2 used for $20. I wouldn't do it with the newer consoles though!

bread's done
Back