How much would shipping be from Amazon.uk to the U.S

Josehaha60

Banned
Sorry if I posted this on the wrong section, but anywase how much would it be if I want an item to be shipped to me from amazon.uk to my house here in the U.S . I was seeing if I could get in the buy 2 get 1 free through amazon uk, but don't know how much they would charge me for the shipping . Thanks for the help

I wouldn't order movies from the UK unless you have a multi region or region free player. I believe everything there is region 2 and the US/Canada is region 1. There is a region 0, which means no region coding, but there's probably not a lot of those. If the movie you want to watch is available in Region 1, then you should get it from someone there. If you ever wanted to sell or trade them, you'd have an easier time of it than if you ordered them from outside your home region.

There's quite a lot of discs from around the world that I would like to have, but that region coding is a real pain. I can watch using VLC on my computer, but I can't take them anywhere because nobody I know has a machine that can play them.

[quote name='CheepGamez']I wouldn't order movies from the UK unless you have a multi region or region free player. I believe everything there is region 2 and the US/Canada is region 1. There is a region 0, which means no region coding, but there's probably not a lot of those. If the movie you want to watch is available in Region 1, then you should get it from someone there. If you ever wanted to sell or trade them, you'd have an easier time of it than if you ordered them from outside your home region.

There's quite a lot of discs from around the world that I would like to have, but that region coding is a real pain. I can watch using VLC on my computer, but I can't take them anywhere because nobody I know has a machine that can play them.[/quote]

He put a little Blu Ray logo on his topic creation thing, because he's well aware of this. And not all Blu Rays have region encoding, which is a great thing.

It should be noted that as U.S. residents you don't have to pay U.K. tax, which is automatically added into the prices you're seeing, so subtracting tax and adding shipping balances things out, more or less.

[quote name='CheepGamez']I wouldn't order movies from the UK unless you have a multi region or region free player. I believe everything there is region 2 and the US/Canada is region 1. There is a region 0, which means no region coding, but there's probably not a lot of those. If the movie you want to watch is available in Region 1, then you should get it from someone there. If you ever wanted to sell or trade them, you'd have an easier time of it than if you ordered them from outside your home region.

There's quite a lot of discs from around the world that I would like to have, but that region coding is a real pain. I can watch using VLC on my computer, but I can't take them anywhere because nobody I know has a machine that can play them.[/QUOTE]

Region free DVD players are pretty easy to hack so it is not really a problem.

[quote name='sirhansirhan']It should be noted that as U.S. residents you don't have to pay U.K. tax, which is automatically added into the prices you're seeing, so subtracting tax and adding shipping balances things out, more or less.[/quote]

Yeah, shipping pretty much offsets the savings from not having to pay VAT when shipping from Amazon UK. Amazon.fr or Amazon.de the shipping is quite a bit more. Usually around 14 Euros from my experience.

It really depends on what you purchase. I've purchased complete TV sets for much cheaper than Amazon US,DD, etc (even on Goldbox days). So even with shipping, the deals are superior, when they have their sales. I've picked up Blus at Amazon UK and Amazon.de that were not available in the US, and are not announced for the US (niche, or I wanted them now), for less than most of Amazon US's B2G1 or BOGO sales, at times.

As far as Blus, if you have an LG BH200 you're in the clear, as there is a hack, and as many have pointed out SD players can be made region free, if there is a hack. However, be aware that UK items are PAL format, so your player also needs to be able to display PAL on your US standard TV (NTSC). Some cheap players can be hacked and then are region free, and can display PAL. Others cannot, even higher-priced ones. LG BH200 can display PAL, and be made region free, and Toshiba's XDE can also be made region free. If you don't have a region free BD that can play BD's from all over, see what Blus are "locked" and which are "unlocked" at blurayregioncodes.com. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back