How old is your Xbox 360?

mav2199

CAG Veteran
Just curious to see how long everyone has been running their first 360, if it's still running at all. I still have my Pro edition from November of 05 still up and running. I did have it repaired 3 times by MS (3 red rings), but other than that it's still kicking.

I just wanted to see if anyone else still has an original still working for them. Thanks all!

3-4 months! I got the new slim. I don't know about it before that. It was a refurb console. works awesome!

I had my original from October 2007 until July 2010. It froze one night and just RROD'd out of nowhere, I didn't know it was coming. For some reason Microsoft wouldn't honor my warranty even though I had three months left on it so I just bought a slim.

I've bought one and found one and sold both launch 360s. Never had a problem with either. Had them both for a few years with no problems.

Had a launch, traded it to gamestop last year. Got an arcade at Target.

Got a new slim about a month ago for the bedroom as well.

That's awesome, I'm glad to hear that a few launch 360s are still going strong. Anyone have any thoughts on how the new update coming up is going to affect these 360s?

Five months and 18 days. Bought it my 250gb Slim on New Years Day this year after my old 20GB pre-falcon model (had extra heat sink but original chip) got RROD on New Year's eve. I'd bought it in October 2007, so it was outside the 3 year warranty by a couple of months.

First 360 was 2008-2010, coincidentally died around the same month and day I bought it

I have a slim now. Had for about 5 months.

OP that is amazing that MS repaired your original 360 3 times. MS sent me a pre-repaired 360 after my original died after 17 months.

I got my first one in 2006 it lasted a while then it broke. After a couple of more months it broke again. They sent me a refurbished one, then that one broke. Received another refurbished one that rrod, then bought an elite exactly a year ago and no problems so far. I still love my xbox after all these problems.

forget lol its probably a year. came with lego batman and pure. it's not a slim but i made sure it had that jasper chipset in it. :)

2 and a half wonderfully productive years with my Jasper. At this rate I'm convinced the DVD drive will conk out before anything else. I'm probably going to bury this thing in its box when it does ring alongside my retired PS1, PS2 and severely neglected PS3.

I've had three consoles, but none of them every failed me in the sense of the words you're thinking about.

My first console, back in Feb 2008, lasted me until that Christmas when a USB port had that little plastic thing broken off (thanks to my kid brother) and I sold that to get my next one.

My second one was a new arcade unit was purchased in Jan 2009 for less than I sold the old one for (Thanks Dell!) and that lasted me up until two weeks ago, April 2011. The disc drive stopped opening sometimes when I'd press the button (thanks to my kid brother). I've given that one to my girlfriend to have at her house.

My third one I just got, April 2011, and its a new Slim Model.

Original 360 I had was a 60GB Pro Holiday Bundle(KFP/Lego Indy) from 2008, which was broken, and I traded for from a friend. Got MS to fix it for free, then traded it in when the 360S came out, which I got in July of 2010.

Launch system that was built in November 2005. I actually got it something like 3-4 days after launch day, but it was still a launch system (had the mini remote and everything.) It's still kicking, never send to MS for repairs, but I have done 2 self RRoD repairs on it. I'm hoping this new update that is coming out in a few days will qualify me for a free upgrade to the 250GB. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah I got my 360 in 06 right before Gears came out and unfortunately It lasted a year before I got an E74 error message. Sent it in for repairs. Got it back and within 6 days of playing it I got the RROD. Boy was I pissed, since I had to wait all that time to get a console that would Red Ring on me. Sent it into support again with a letter this time got a new 360 back. Been using that sucker ever since, and hoping it doesn't RROD on me any day.

I really wish there were more details about the upcoming Spring 2011 update. I would love to know when it will be out in my area (supposedly they are doing 6 shifts of releases) and would love to know if it will brick my DVD trick so that I am eligible for a free replacement system.

I got my first 360 in July 2008 and it lasted 11 months before getting E74 in June 2009. They fixed it, sent it back, and that's what I'm currently using. Kind of sad that the refurbished 360 has lasted nearly 2 years while my 360 that was brand new couldn't last 1 year.

Going on three years. Back in 08, my original one RRoD'd, but it was the E74 error and that was before they extended the warranty on that issue. So I went and bought an Arcade model for 200, when the Jasper models came out.

Later on, Microsoft extended the warranty to the E74 error and I sent the old one in to get replaced. I still have that one as a back-up; but I have been thinking about upgrading to a 250GB Slim, for the extra storage and it being quieter.

Mine is from when the Slim was first released. I remember because that's when GS was only getting 2 or 3 at a time.

Man, it's awesome to hear that people are still firing away on their launch 360s.

Yeah, I did get lucky that in the time that they repaired it for me 3 times was still within the 3 year warranty after they extended it. MS support is pretty cool on the phone if you get a nice repoire going with whoever you're speaking to on the other end. Each time I got it back they send me an extra month of Xbox Live Gold to add to my account.

I love my 360, I'm hoping the new update doesn't kill it either, although it would be kinda cool to get a new slim model. I'm about ready to retire my PS3 after Uncharted 3 comes out, I'm still sore about the whole PSN hacking and the down time, but who knows.

So mgfg date 5-15-06

red ringed back around early 08, just got a red ring today. this sucks

didnt xbox extend warranties longer due to all complaints?

my warranty ended oct 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought my original 60gb model during November of 2008, sold it to my cousin February of 2010, and got the 250gb Final Fantasy XIII one on launch day (March 9th).

Had it for 4 years now (somehow the exact same one). Repaired twice, last time was late may 2009, so almost 2 years for me.

I'm secretly hoping it red rings so I have an excuse to buy the slim, lol.

My friend had his 360 since 05' and died just last year. As for me I had mine since early 06' but it kicked the bucket in late 07'. Bought a new one and I'm hoping that it'll hold for much longer than that.

I've got 3.

Origin 20 gig no HDMI bought sometime in 2006 - Has not had an issue yet (though to be fair, it is now in a box as an "emergency" system in case one of the other two dies)

Elite bought used from Game Crazy in 2008 - Play almost daily and no issues.

Red Resident Evil 5 Elite - my girl plays it almost daily and no issues.

Bought one on launch day in '05. Ran beautifully all the way till the Elites came out, and then it stopped reading all discs. It's as if it "knew" there was a better model out for me to upgrade. I went ahead and paid the $99 to fix it. Then, on an impulse, because I was dying to play, I went ahead and bought an Elite anyway a day or two later, and gave the repaired launch model to my sister. Then MS did the warranty extension thing so I got my repair fee refunded. Everything ran cool till the launch day of Gears of War 2, and my Elite RROD'd during the INTRO video, before I could even play it! I sent that in, at this point, out of warranty, unfortunately, but again, somehow refunded unexpectedly by MS a month later. The launch system did red ring last year again, and somehow that repair came up free on xbox.com. I know that one is past the warranty, but I wasn't questioning anything, free is free. Long story short, I've still got the launch day pro and the first run black elite running, after a bunch of repairs, all ending up being free in the end. They're loud, starting up like jet engines, but they work fine, and I'm sure to install the newer games I have just in case.

I have a legobatman/pure elite, and the wife has an hdmi arcade from a year and a half ago (with a 20 gig hdd from one of my rrod consoles i tried to fix on my own)

i really can't complain about the longevity of the consoles

Im on my 3rd one currently.

Got my first one in late 06, lasted until sometime in 08 when i decided to upgrade to a better chipset (Due to an awesome trade in deal).

Second one lasted until early 2010 (A few weeks before FF13 came out), so i decided to upgrade to the FF13 bundle. (Thing was on its deathbed, artifacting and hardly playing discs)

On my 3rd one currently. I still kick myself for not waiting a few weeks on my current console (Seeing as the Slim came out barely 2 months later

Had my first 360 for about 6 months or so. I am now on my fifth one, a slim version. The only reason I kept getting new ones with a warranty is because every time I brought it to exchange, they would give me store credit based on recent price drops. I've actually never even had the RRoD; it's usually been some bullshit with the DVD drive.

I'm on my second Halo 3 console. The first was Xmas 2007. That red ringed in early 2009, and they sent another refurbished halo console.

bread's done
Back