How Sirius Satellite Radio Ruined My Weekend

Will

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
Yes, the title is a spoof..they didnt ruin my weekend but theyre trying to f' me.

I called on dec 23rd to see what radio deals they had to offer me because the radio I use for the truck at work broke...well, the antenna broke and what it would take to buy another, I was better off just buying a new radio because the one I was using was old etc etc...

They had a decent deal but I wanted to look into the radio they were offering etc etc and weigh my options.

I call back today to see if they still have the radio in question, I told them I need to replace a radio and they asked which one of the three I wanted to replace. That caught my attn because I only have 2. Turns out a radio I canceled in June, didnt get canceled and I was being billed for it the whole time.

They even said I called in and canceled it but according to them, I didnt "follow up"...Needless to say I told them to look at my acct and look at how many times Ive canceled a radio etc...which was 4, and I had never had a problem till now so how is it they figure its my fault..

The guy I was talking to originally told me that to deal with that, Id have to "fight an uphill battle with my credit card company". I asked for a supervisor.

The guy I got told me that the best he could do was meet me half way, and offer to knock that in half. I told the guy that I wouldnt accept that and if they didnt take care of the whole thing, I was prepared to cancel both radios and never come back. They called my bluff and I canceled.

The part that pisses me off is that theyre willing to dick me over like that, and offer half back and not the rest because the guy would get in trouble if he did and I asked him if they were willing to lose a long standing customer over something that wasnt my fault etc etc and they said yes.

I know fighting charges with the cc company is gonna be a bitch so thats my next step......

I don't know how these guys are going to make it. I think they've bled off a lot of subs in the past couple of months due to the craptacular changes that occurred when the two networks' programming merged. I certainly wasn't happy, but news of the return of an old-school hiphop station is keeping me around for the time being.

They really ought to be going out of their way to hold onto subscribers at this point!

Sorry to hear about your hassles.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Why people pay for that crap anyway, is beyond me.[/quote]

Because its simply amazing. Espically if you travel. Being able to listen to Howard or Bubba or Music anywhere when you are going on a trip is great.

Or for work like me where I have to go to PA and MD and dont want to listen/find there stations

I'm not advocating Apple but... 32gbs of media keeps me pretty busy just fine. How much is a "subscription" to XM?

Edit: There's also, 80gb. worth of media on my Archos 704 as a back up if that's not enough too.

yeah I wanted to cancel and they gave me a offer i couldn't refuse.....Free 3 months then after that 6 bucks a month for for my one receiver.... I bit, and at the end of 5 months I called in to cancel again.. they said ok you cancel but you owe us 24.00 and some change for the last 2 months of service... I was like whut!!!! I told em they should of charged me 6 a month to my cc.. but for some reason they never charged me.. I have a balance now on my canceled account, I have yet to recieve anything in the mail saying what I owe as my balance but I get phone calls everyday from sirius saying I owe them money... I love bubba and howard also, now I just dl there shows from usenet.... good grief sirius

I got it because I drive all over Tx for work and being able to listen to one specific type of music or any of the talk stations whenver I want vs going from town to time losing signals and trying to find something that isnt loaded with 50 million commercials is worth the price.

My main sub was 12.95 a mo with a 2nd radio for 6.95. a month.

Ive been with Sirius since early 05 and was going to cancel till Howard made his announcement. I stayed for him. Now Ill just download the shows and be a week behind lol.

I was about to say, "BillG is bitching again???" until it was made by Will... Your title is like what Billg did for his CC shit.

Sirius has really gone to shit since XM merged. The channels are even broader and more general than before which means very little differentiation between them. They've also been forced to water down the hip-hop stations to avoid subscriber backlash.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm not advocating Apple but... 32gbs of media keeps me pretty busy just fine. How much is a "subscription" to XM?

Edit: There's also, 80gb. worth of media on my Archos 704 as a back up if that's not enough too.[/quote]

You make a good point, but I have actually discovered a lot of great music and artists listening to Sirius that I otherwise would never have found.

And I drive all day every day for work.

For me, the 13 bucks a month is well worth it.

If it wasn't an option, my iPod would be just as great, but I'm actually more of a talk radio guy when I'm in my car during work. Howard, ESPN, and the Fan are on during my normal work days.

[quote name='davo1224']Sirius has really gone to shit since XM merged. The channels are even broader and more general than before which means very little differentiation between them. They've also been forced to water down the hip-hop stations to avoid subscriber backlash.[/quote]

This has been a HUGE problem... I'm a big fan of 35 Chill and since the merger of the actual stations, some of the music played on the channel just simply doesn't belong on it.

They also dropped Backspin, which sucked, but now they are bringing it back due to a big outcry.

Everyone who calls to cancel gets a deal on their subscription to stay... I don't know why I haven't called to bluff them into a better rate... I'm an idiot.

[quote name='DestroVega']You make a good point, but I have actually discovered a lot of great music and artists listening to Sirius that I otherwise would never have found.

And I drive all day every day for work.[/quote]

I don't really listen to the radio much and I sorta listen to streaming radio, but if I'm gonna be discovering new music it will be by accident or through friends. Radio is worthless because all they play is the cookie cuter crap usually. Hell, I think I'd have a better chance discovering new music on Youtube than the radio sometimes. In general it's hard to discover new GOOD music. As for XM, I suppose if you are always on the road or it's for work while always on the road then I'd say it's worth it, but $13 a mo. just to listen to a tOOl like Stern? uh... no. lol

[quote name='VipFREAK']I don't really listen to the radio much and I sorta listen to streaming radio, but if I'm gonna be discovering new music it will be by accident or through friends. Radio is worthless because all they play is the cookie cuter crap usually. Hell, I think I'd have a better chance discovering new music on Youtube than the radio sometimes. In general it's hard to discover new GOOD music. As for XM, I suppose if you are always on the road or it's for work while always on the road then I'd say it's worth it, but $13 a mo. just to listen to a tOOl like Stern? uh... no. lol[/quote]

But I'm a big fan of the Stern Show... you aren't... so I could see why you wouldn't want the service.

And the "radio" aspect of Sirius/XM isn't like regular radio. They actually play little known bands, and songs off a CD that aren't a single! imagine that.

Im on the road alot and I dont pay attn to my cc bill and since it was a sirius charge, my gf didnt think much of it.

I have to say after the merger/take over what ever you want to call it Sirius is not as good as it once was. I have had mine since the November of 05 and when I first got it I thought it was great. It started to go down hill about a year ago or so and realy pissed me off when they got rid of the punk channle. When I got mine I got the life time membership and I'm glad I did. It was 500 bucks and more than worth it then. I like Sirius however if I had to pay every month for it I don't think it would be worth it the way things are going with it. I just looked up what plans they have now to see if the lift time was back up and it looks like the have plans like XM had. The plans and the fact that they did not have Stern was what kept me away from XM. Infact if it was not for the life time membership I dont think I would have ever bought Sirius.

Only downside I see the the life time plan that I have is that I can only have 4 radios on it and it is or was at the time 75 bucks to have one put on the plan. Also if I read it correctly if one of them stops working and I want to drop it from the plan I can drop it, I think, however it still counts as one of the radios that was on the plan. So if the current one I have stops working and i buy a new on and cancle this one I have to pay the cost of the new unit and 75 bucks. Then if I cancle the old unit and drop it from the account I'm now down to only able to put 2 more on the account instead of 3.

Anyway sorry to hear that some are having issues with them. I guess I havent had any issue with them because I have not had to deal with customerservice since 05 when I first set mine up.

Sirius can go eat a dick. They canceled my dad and I's favorite station. I don't have Sirius, but he does. I hope he canceled if they have no plans to bring it back.

From what I understand they cancled or changed a lot of stations after the merger. As of now i think boneyard is acdc radio. They got rid of punk and replaced it with acdc radio then just got rid of it after the merger and made boneyard acdc radio. I dont mind having a station that plays just one band because if I like them and in this case I do then I know that atleast one station will have a band that I like playing. They did the same with led zepplin however i think they did give a date for when it is to end and go back to normal play. The thing I dont like is the fact that other stations still play acdc and led zepplin. If your going to have a station just for them then why play them on other stations.

Like I said in my last post if it was not for the life time membership I would have never got the damn thing. I dont think it is worth what they want people to pay for it and i see it going down hill in the next 5 years. If they mess with my hardatack or lithium I know I wont. I will only play the damn thing once a week that way if I ever do go back to listening to it I wont have to pay them 5 bucks to reinstate the account. If you dont listen for 6 months they stop the account and you have to pay 5 bucks (I think it is 5 bucks) to reactivate the unit. I'm unsure about monthly subscribers but for me that is what will happen.

bread's done
Back