How to backup original Xbox DLC on 360??

aem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I found out Gamestop has my slim system I preordered in. I started transferring various saves, etc onto a USB drive. I got down the list to Halo 2 and it is giving me no option to move the files????

I went through all the trouble of making sure I got the Xbox DLC before the old Live service shut down and I certainly do not want to lose it now.

I didn't want to waste money on a transfer cable, but can anyway say for sure whether or not it would transfer original Xbox content?

I was hoping to make it to Gamestop before they close in about 50 minutes, but not sure I will now.

What I would recommend is bringing your old system in with you and asking if they can transfer the content. I know my local Gamestop is willing to do the transfers for you if you ask nicely.

Might be a possibility. But I'd still need to know the original xbox content will definitely transfer using the cable.

maybe it's just me, but i'd prefer to keep my original :xbox: content, DLC or otherwise, on the original unit itself. it just makes things easier. this also keeps the title updates together, which do not transfer.

[quote name='aem']Might be a possibility. But I'd still need to know the original xbox content will definitely transfer using the cable.[/QUOTE]

Original XBox content DOES NOT transfer with the transfer cable to the new system. The original box content is the only content that refused to transfer over to the new system when I did the transfer with the cable. As far as I know, there is no way to transfer it to the slim system.

Well that certainly is stupid. I guess if I upgrade I'll keep the hard drive. I do have another somewhat defective, but still playable 360 system collecting dust (turns itself on, have to unplug to keep off and front lights don't come on).

Or I may just cancel my reservation...hmm. Gamestop's promotional trade in values are pretty good towards the new system, but with how expensive the new system is I might be better off just keeping my current console.

Worst case I put all the DLC on an original Xbox right before the service shut down too and I'll probably hardly use it anyway.

[quote name='aem']Well that certainly is stupid. I guess if I upgrade I'll keep the hard drive. I do have another somewhat defective, but still playable 360 system collecting dust (turns itself on, have to unplug to keep off and front lights don't come on).

Or I may just cancel my reservation...hmm. Gamestop's promotional trade in values are pretty good towards the new system, but with how expensive the new system is I might be better off just keeping my current console.

Worst case I put all the DLC on an original Xbox right before the service shut down too and I'll probably hardly use it anyway.[/QUOTE]

That happened a while ago, I thought?

Yes I meant that I had all the DLC on an original Xbox that I downloaded before the old live service shut down a few months back. Right before it shut down I downloaded all the DLC for games I owned onto both my original Xbox and Xbox 360.

I just went ahead and traded in my falcon model today and got the slim. I just kept my old 60gb hard drive and hopefully MS will make the Xbox content transferable in the future. Now the looooooooooooooong wait while I re-download many GB of content to the new system.

bread's done
Back