How to erase SNES game save data?

ex0

CAGiversary!
There are two SNES games that I got used and want to erase all the save data on them. They don't have erasing options, and it's really pissing me off. The guy who owned this Super Mario All-Stars catridge decided to get to the last stage on every slot on every game, so it would be nice how to erase them.

Well you could open it up and replace the battery. But I'd have to think there's a way to overwrite or delete the files on a game like that.

Yea I'm aware of both those methods, however if there is another way I'd definately prefer it.

The other used game I got was F-Zero, which I'm pretty sure has some save system on it. Does it or am I just an idiot? Or both? ;)

Fo All-stars, I'm sure you just press 'select' when selecting a game file. Then it asks you if you want to erase.

Yeah, you can definitely erase data from Super Mario All-Stars. I did it accidentally when I was drunk one time, so I'm sorry I'm no help. But it is possible.

I knew you could do it as I remember doing it, a quick two second search brought me to this site. Here's the page from the manual thanks to this site(http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/manuals/super_nes/super_mario_all-stars.shtml):

PAGE 2
------

HOW TO PLAY SUPER MARIO ALL-STARS

After you insert the Game Pak in your Super Nintendo Entertainment
System, turn the power ON. After the title screen appears, press the
START Button to go to the Game Select screen. Then use the + Control
Pad to choose a game. (picture of the title screen)
(picture of the game select screen)

After pressing the START Button to begin, you can choose from any of the four
battery-backed game save files. The files marked as "NEW" are ones that have
not been used yet. After you have chosen the desired file, press the START
Button to play the game.
(picture of the file choosing screen)

Pressing the X or Y Buttons on the file screen will take you back to the Game
Select screen. To erase a file, choose it and press the A Button. You can
also change the controller button configuration by pressing the SELECT Button.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']Since your playing mario allstars, I highly recommend starting with lost levels. Its quite possibly the best platform game ever.[/quote]
I second this.

Seeing as how I've never played any games on this (Bad me!), I was going to start with SMB1. But, I guess I will start with this now.

Lost levels sucks.

Yoshi's Is;and is the finest platforming experience ever, and we are lucky to have recieved SMB@ USA and SMB 2, as it trails only Yoshi's island as best Mario platfrmer

I loved Yoshi's Island, and now that I remember, I played about 10 minutes of the GBA Mario 2 and didn't like it that much. Maybe I'll just have to play it more.

Dealing with old SNES game save data can be a bit tricky, especially if there's no in-game option to delete it. But don't let it drive you crazy! Here's what you can try:

Restart the Game: Sometimes, simply restarting the game without saving can clear out old save data. Give that a shot.

Use a Save State: If your emulator or SNES console has a save state feature, you can load a blank state, essentially wiping out the previous progress.

Check Online Forums: You're not the only one who's faced this issue. Look up forums or communities related to SNES games; they often have tips and tricks for managing save data.

And if you ever need to delete game data on an iPhone, here  https://applenapps.com/delete-game-data-on-iphone/ is the way to do it .

Last edited by a moderator:

Dealing with old SNES game save data can be a bit tricky, especially if there's no in-game option to delete it. But don't let it drive you crazy! Here's what you can try:

Restart the Game: Sometimes, simply restarting the game without saving can clear out old save data. Give that a shot.

Use a Save State: If your emulator or SNES console has a save state feature, you can load a blank state, essentially wiping out the previous progress.

Check Online Forums: You're not the only one who's faced this issue. Look up forums or communities related to SNES games; they often have tips and tricks for managing save data.

And if you ever need to delete game data on an iPhone, here https://applenapps.com/delete-game-data-on-iphone/ is the way to do it .
That's a FAT 19 year bump.

bread's done
Back