How to find a 65 Nanometer XBOX 360?

trabbahabba

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I heard Cheapy say they were out. How can I tell which systems have them? My current box just died, and I am sending off for repair.

Don't worry...you wont get a 65nm back

how to tell if you have a falcon (65nm)

http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

How to see if you have a 65nm (Falcon) console:
First, get a flashlight that is very bright. Then put your console upside down (HD side down). You should be looking at an black or grey piece of plastic which is the bottom vent. Shine the flashlight directly into the bottom of the console (it works best to sit the flashlight on the plastic).
Then move the flashlight to the right side of the plastic. When you look inside of the console directly below the light, you will see a large white piece of plastic. This is the airflow shroud. You can see this highlighted in this picture: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/MRCUR/S8000516-2.jpg
Next, move the flashlight to the left a bit and look into the console again. You are looking for the large silver square that is directly in front of the airflow shroud. This piece will tell you whether or not you have a 65nm console.
Here are pictures of the 90nm CPU Heatsink and the 65nm CPU Heatsink. (Notice that there is no heatpipe on the new 65nm CPU heatsink.)

How to find a Falcon model 360 in stores

Based on the info in this thread, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:

1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs) (So far only Halo 3 Lot 0734 consoles have been found with 65nm)
  2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07
  3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)

How to find Lot and Team info:
There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.

Other info:
(10/5/2007) No Elite SKUs have been reported with the Falcon.

[quote name='Malik112099']Don't worry...you wont get a 65nm back

how to tell if you have a falcon (65nm)

http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

How to see if you have a 65nm (Falcon) console:
First, get a flashlight that is very bright. Then put your console upside down (HD side down). You should be looking at an black or grey piece of plastic which is the bottom vent. Shine the flashlight directly into the bottom of the console (it works best to sit the flashlight on the plastic).
Then move the flashlight to the right side of the plastic. When you look inside of the console directly below the light, you will see a large white piece of plastic. This is the airflow shroud. You can see this highlighted in this picture: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/MRCUR/S8000516-2.jpg
Next, move the flashlight to the left a bit and look into the console again. You are looking for the large silver square that is directly in front of the airflow shroud. This piece will tell you whether or not you have a 65nm console.
Here are pictures of the 90nm CPU Heatsink and the 65nm CPU Heatsink. (Notice that there is no heatpipe on the new 65nm CPU heatsink.)

How to find a Falcon model 360 in stores

Based on the info in this thread, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:
  1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs) (So far only Halo 3 Lot 0734 consoles have been found with 65nm)
  2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07
  3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)
How to find Lot and Team info:
There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.

Other info:
(10/5/2007) No Elite SKUs have been reported with the Falcon.[/quote]

I still don't understand how that tells you if you have a 65nm chip, It only shows wether you have a new heatsink or not.

Read it again. Apparently the 90nm heat sink has a heatpipe, and the 65nm does not.

So you can tell which chip you have by seeing which heatsink you have.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Read it again. Apparently the 90nm heat sink has a heatpipe, and the 65nm does not.

So you can tell which chip you have by seeing which heatsink you have.[/quote]

Oh. I missed that. :oops:

I just recently got a refurb. model back from MS when I sent my 360 in for repair...what are the chances that I got new internals?

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Are the new 60GB Xbox using the Falcon chip?[/QUOTE]

I bought a Holiday Bundle from Dell back in late March and it is a Jasper, but I think it is still YMMV at this point.

bread's done
Back