How to get EB stickers off boxes?

Serialkilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, I've been looking for Mortal Kombat Deception KE since my Best Buy one went backordered. I found a used one today in excellent condition at EB for $29 before Edge card.

The only problem is EB's strange fascination with stickers. If I bought it, how in the blue hell do I get the plethora of stickers off the outer cardboard sleeve? I usually use GooGone on games I buy there, but again, that's not on cardboard.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

I use the stickers themselves. I know, it sounds crazy...but it works. Lemme explain: Peel off the sticker as best you can without leaving paper behind. The stickers EB ang Gamestop use leave some nasty sticky residue and usually no the paper...unless you don't know how to peel. Well, use the sticker you just peeled off to quickly tap (sticky side facing the gunk) on the sticky gunk left over. It takes off the gunk and you don't need to buy goo gone. It takes a lil longer, but you don't risk damaging anything. Trust me, I've done this for years. It works. Basically we use the same method at my job. We use a sticker to remove another sticker (or the crap it leaves behind). Crazy but it works.

I've heard that if you heat up the sticker with a hair dryer that the sticker will come off easier. I haven't tried this myself, but I think it would be worth a try.

You can first peel off the stickers, than soak whatever left with the goo gone. About 3-5 minutes later, use a scraper to scrape off the residue. Be VERY careful or you'll tear the plastic cover. At last, use some napkin soaked with googone (again) to do some facial cleanup. The result should be fantastic. This is what I did when I worked at the library at school. Hope it'll help you.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']This same question gets asked it seems EVERY MONTH...

There are several ways, the best I have found is Goo Gone...

And why the hell would you think you leave the cover sleeve in the case...???
What a dumbass...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should read before you call someone a dumbass, he is talking about the collectors box, which is cardboard.

[quote name='xzafixz']Maybe you should read before you call someone a dumbass, he is talking about the collectors box, which is cardboard.[/QUOTE]

Goo Gone will still work... just use a rag or cloth soaked in it.

[quote name='s3v3n777']I use the stickers themselves. I know, it sounds crazy...but it works. Lemme explain: Peel off the sticker as best you can without leaving paper behind. The stickers EB ang Gamestop use leave some nasty sticky residue and usually no the paper...unless you don't know how to peel. Well, use the sticker you just peeled off to quickly tap (sticky side facing the gunk) on the sticky gunk left over. It takes off the gunk and you don't need to buy goo gone. It takes a lil longer, but you don't risk damaging anything. Trust me, I've done this for years. It works. Basically we use the same method at my job. We use a sticker to remove another sticker (or the crap it leaves behind). Crazy but it works.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing this for years as well. It's a fantastic method and it doesn't cost any extra money whatsoever. The best ones to use, in my opinion, tend to be the "Cannot Be Returned If Seal is Broken" white circles they tend to use for the Used games. They're usually fresh and have better adhesive than others. The only problems you may run into are when you get stickers for games that have been sitting on the shelf for around several months or more. Those are a pain to get off.

Also, just be careful since it takes practice at first. If you overuse a sticker for too long it tends to leave more residue than it picks up. Some tapes will also work just as well, but your mileage with those may vary.

[quote name='Kapwanil'] Some tapes will also work just as well, but your mileage with those may vary.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Sounds like you're selling tape. lol. But yes, everything you've said is true. Old stickers are a headache and if you over use the stickers you do place more gunk then you take off, but its ok. They place like 20 stickers on the games anyways :roll:

GOO GONE is the best solution to your problem IMO. Most can find a 4 OZ. bottle at their local $1 stores. It leaves a citrus smell, but eventually it goes away. Plus the bottle lasts for quite a long time.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']This same question gets asked it seems EVERY MONTH...

There are several ways, the best I have found is Goo Gone...

And why the hell would you think you leave the cover sleeve in the case...???
What a dumbass...[/QUOTE]

Read the post before you make a dumb fucking asshole out of yourself next time. I'm talking about the cardboard collector's case/sleeve (not the paper sleeve in the game case). I also wasn't sure if goo gone would damage it, if you would/could read you would understand.

For all the helpful folks, THANKS!

Hmmm... I need to pick up some Goo Gone then for Feel the Magic and Metroid Prime 2 that I just got from GameRush. Hopefully, I don't fuck up or ruin anything! :D

Krud Kutter works well too for the plastic sleeves on games but I would not use it on cardboard because it removes the color. It is a little cheaper than goo gone and you get more for your money.

[quote name='s3v3n777']I use the stickers themselves. I know, it sounds crazy...but it works. Lemme explain: Peel off the sticker as best you can without leaving paper behind. The stickers EB ang Gamestop use leave some nasty sticky residue and usually no the paper...unless you don't know how to peel. Well, use the sticker you just peeled off to quickly tap (sticky side facing the gunk) on the sticky gunk left over. It takes off the gunk and you don't need to buy goo gone. It takes a lil longer, but you don't risk damaging anything. Trust me, I've done this for years. It works. Basically we use the same method at my job. We use a sticker to remove another sticker (or the crap it leaves behind). Crazy but it works.[/QUOTE]

Not crazy at all, I've been doing it for years works like a charm :) , for the tough ones just grab some Goo Gone, if the residue is close to the edges just stick some paper under the plastic so that you don't wet the paper insert ;) and a metro card works really well for those tough to lift sticker's

For cardboard boxes, I'd try a hair dryer first. Goo gone might stain it

[quote name='Serialkilla']Read the post before you make a dumb fucking asshole out of yourself next time. I'm talking about the cardboard collector's case/sleeve (not the paper sleeve in the game case). I also wasn't sure if goo gone would damage it, if you would/could read you would understand.

For all the helpful folks, THANKS![/QUOTE]

Well....
If you weren't such a dumb fucking ass yourself you wouldn't need to have posted such a dumbass fucking question...

[quote name='Serialkilla']Well, I've been looking for Mortal Kombat Deception KE since my Best Buy one went backordered. I found a used one today in excellent condition at EB for $29 before Edge card.

The only problem is EB's strange fascination with stickers. If I bought it, how in the blue hell do I get the plethora of stickers off the outer cardboard sleeve? I usually use GooGone on games I buy there, but again, that's not on cardboard.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I usually use a product similiar to Goo-Gone called "Blaster E-Z Take Away Sticker Remover." It will work on cardboard, but the trick is to not let it settle in long enough to soak the cardboard.

Goo gone has always been my best friend for cleaning sticky off of games. I hate EB and all their stickers, especially putting them on a collector's edition of a game, that just makes me sick. One time I was in gamestop and remember seeing a game with probably every sticker they've ever had on the game "trade your games in now!" "get 10% off!" "sweet new deals!". I couldn't even read the name of the game.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Well....
If you weren't such a dumb fucking ass yourself you wouldn't need to have posted such a dumbass fucking question...[/QUOTE]

All you had to do was the read the post you stupid fucker. Quite a simple question, stickers on a cardboard sleeve/box, and the best way to get rid of them without damaging it. You jumped in all half-cocked and knowing it all (or so you thought), yet your brain let you down (as I'm guessing it normally does).

At least I'm not the only one here who thinks you made a complete ass of yourself. Don't post if you can't comprehend what someone is asking/saying.

I use scotch tape... it takes a while so you gotta be patient... but the box will look like new after you're done

[quote name='Serialkilla']All you had to do was the read the post you stupid fucker. Quite a simple question, stickers on a cardboard sleeve/box, and the best way to get rid of them without damaging it. You jumped in all half-cocked and knowing it all (or so you thought), yet your brain let you down (as I'm guessing it normally does).

At least I'm not the only one here who thinks you made a complete ass of yourself. Don't post if you can't comprehend what someone is asking/saying.[/QUOTE]

Well all you had to do was do the exact SAME THING then and read all the PREVIOUS POSTS that pop up at least every MONTH from some MORON like yourself. Besides that... if you are so worried about the condition of the cardboard sleeve (that has the exact same artwork on it as the case sleeve) then why didn't you buy it new in the first place???? instead of waiting and trying to get it used....fuck

fucking newbie

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Well all you had to do was do the exact SAME THING then and read all the PREVIOUS POSTS that pop up at least every MONTH from some MORON like yourself. Besides that... if you are so worried about the condition of the cardboard sleeve (that has the exact same artwork on it as the case sleeve) then why didn't you buy it new in the first place???? instead of waiting and trying to get it used....fuck

fucking newbie[/QUOTE]

Woah! You are calling him a newbie? Just because he joined 2 months after you? Or did you actually take time to look at his post count (which doesn't mean anything)? He created a topic that may have been asked before, but he wanted to be more specific about it, and only wanted to know about the cardboard sleeve, which I doubt has been asked in those topics. You are the one who didn't read his post before flaming him, which makes you look like the :newbie: or :booty:or :dunce:.

lol...this is too funny.

Well back to the topic....

Well I do see why he is asking about the cardboard stickers. They are a pain in the ass to take off. I've never tried goo gone. Might just work. I say go for it, seems like everone says its relatively safe on cardboard.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Well all you had to do was do the exact SAME THING then and read all the PREVIOUS POSTS that pop up at least every MONTH from some MORON like yourself. Besides that... if you are so worried about the condition of the cardboard sleeve (that has the exact same artwork on it as the case sleeve) then why didn't you buy it new in the first place???? instead of waiting and trying to get it used....fuck

fucking newbie[/QUOTE]

Good, now if only everyone will stop making a new thread every time something "bad" happens at EB or GS, or when we feel like bashing EA.

Anyways, calling somebody a newbie is just a weak insult. So what? All it means is that you found the site before they did. You were new once too, and i'm sure you didn't know everything your first couple months neither.

I use the sticker-sticker method myself, tape sometimes works as a substitute, not nearly as well though.

I've never even heard of Goo Gone or seen it before, though obviously I haven't ever actually tried looking for it either... is that a regional thing?

- slowly peel any sticker that you can remove
- put water on water on what is left and peel slowly with your thumb
- use tape to remove the rest

All you have to do is the peel sticker off, take a paper towel and spray some WD-40 on a corner of it. Scrub the sticky area and it comes right off. Then just take a paper towel and water and just wipe the greasey feel off it; you can also use soap with the water to get the smell off.

If you use Goo Gone, which I reccomend, just don't let it settle. Dap a bit on a cloth, and then commence the wiping. It should take it all off, and if it doesn't, give it another go. Goo Gone is my best friend.

And if you put a sock over your hand, put the stuff on the sock, then wipe, it makes you feel really cool. Like, whoa, it's my hand! With a sock!

Edit: This reminded me to do some de-gooing myself. My Pac-Pix and Feel the Magic are nice and smooth...and lemony fresh!

bread's done
Back