How to get faster Free SAVER shipping at Ebgames.com (in stock)

Follandboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I have bought many games through EB. One thing I realized after I got my purchase 2 days after ordering it is that there is a way to get UPS or FEDEX shipping for Free useing the SAVER code.

For FEDEX shipping purchase this product:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/222528.asp
$0.99

For UPS shipping purchase this product : Back in Stock
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/224689.asp
$1.49

Every single time I have placed an order useing one of these for free shipping, it can via that shipping provider because of the size of it I think.

If anyone else has ordered these can you confirm my assumption.

[quote name='electrictroy']Are those products worth buying?

troy[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, you're getting expedited shipping at a mere $.75. You can just throw them away or donate them to goodwill or whatever if you don't need it.

[quote name='encendido5']It doesn't matter, you're getting expedited shipping at a mere $.75. You can just throw them away or donate them to goodwill or whatever if you don't need it.[/QUOTE]

You could even return them to a B&M EB!

Its true. I bought the Controller and Goldeneye and used Saver. They shiped it 3 day UPS instead of USPS. I thought it was a fluke. I guess i'll be buying that controller with every order. lol

Hmmm. This thread got me thinking, so I looked through my EB order history and the only order that shipped Fedex (out of the rather frightening number of EB orders I've already placed this year) included this sucker:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/224494.asp

Well, the only other order that shipped Fedex was one that included Driver3, which had a special free 2-day shipping code at the time, so that doesn't count.

The only order that shipped UPS included an XB fishing controller.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245649.asp

I also recently ordered a used Nintendo 64 system, but for some reason it doesn't list a carrier for that order in my Order History. In fact, it's the only order in my list that doesn't display the carrier, but I'm guessing it came Fedex or UPS. Since it was a recent order, I think I still have the box it came in, so I'll check the shipping label tonight.

So apparently, if you throw a piece of used hardware in your order, it radically increases your chances for faster shipping. Might work for new hardware as well, though the new PS2 MegaMemory cards I ordered last week came regular USPS.

IMO, I'd rather buy an old, cheap classic game (i.e., something I'd actually play) to get free shipping rather than accumulate a pile of old 3rd-party PS1 controllers. So for most of my orders, the slow-ass shipping is just fine. I'm generally not in that much of a hurry. But occasionally, you do want to order something on a Monday or Tuesday with the hopes of having it by the weekend, so this trick can greatly improve your chances.

Nice catch OP!

-DM

Granted maybe it's because there's a warehouse about 2hrs. from me, but no matter what I buy it's always shipped priority thru USPS, no matter what.

[quote name='encendido5']It doesn't matter, you're getting expedited shipping at a mere $.75. You can just throw them away or donate them to goodwill or whatever if you don't need it.[/QUOTE]

I can't donate them to goodwill, neudog might steal them.

thx... I hope when EB fully integrates with GS, that these type of loopholes aren't closed.

I can put this into my cart permanently... and these are less likely to sell out then some cheap game that people normally add when they try to check out with super deals that last a few minutes (like NEW Rygar $2.99).

I figured it out - they have to ship FedEX/UPS because the controler isn't MEDIA and can't go via Media Mail - any accessory should work.

just make sure that when you get the items used for this shipping method, return it to a B&M EB so that it can be sent back to the wharehouse for the cycle to repeat itself.

damn, I had been wanting to try that stupid controller too, to see how it shipped. I just hadn't because I don't want a crapload of controllers at my house.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just make sure that when you get the items used for this shipping method, return it to a B&M EB so that it can be sent back to the wharehouse for the cycle to repeat itself.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for getting the best deal possible, but that's cold.

[quote name='punqsux']brilliant! i hate getting fedex[/QUOTE]

Really? UPS is shit around here. Not only do they treat your packages poorly, it always takes forever where Fedex rocks.

[quote name='Moxio']Sweet! This should be stickied![/QUOTE]

nice 570kb sig right there... sure it takes me 1 second to download it but thats still unnecessary for something that gets attached to every one of your posts

[quote name='pthagonal']Really? UPS is shit around here. Not only do they treat your packages poorly, it always takes forever where Fedex rocks.[/QUOTE]
well i live in the same state as ebgames ships from, usps leave my packages or holds them at the post office (a block from my apartment) if its fed ex i have to drive about 45 mins to pick up my package.

[quote name='Gotchaforce']nice 570kb sig right there... sure it takes me 1 second to download it but thats still unnecessary for something that gets attached to every one of your posts[/QUOTE]

ITs a cool sig, you dont like it, adblock it.

anyways, its a good find, i was wondering why i got my orders that had an accessory with it by fedex instead of usps

[quote name='punqsux']well i live in the same state as ebgames ships from, usps leave my packages or holds them at the post office (a block from my apartment) if its fed ex i have to drive about 45 mins to pick up my package.[/QUOTE]

Has Fedex ever given you the option to sign a release saying that they can just leave packages if you're not there? We did that for Fedex and DHL since its a pain to drive out to pick something up when they could have easily just left it in the mailbox or something. Not sure if you'd want to for security reasons or whatever, but they should at least give you the choice.

i ordered rumble roses and star wars: shadow of the empire which is 2.99 preowned at 3pm. the next morning i got in my hands from UPS.

Everytime I order a peripheral they send it fedex to my house. I think it's cause of the size. I ordered a Dreamcast rumble pack and they sent it fedex yea all 3 dollars worth fedex.

[quote name='sandrokstar']ordering extra items sorta defeats the purpose of saver shipping doesn't it?

eh... i could be just talkin' out my ass.[/QUOTE]
You can order a new item and add a preowned item to get the saver shipping.

Definately all about size. I ordered eight games the other day, two days after ordering a LARGE order from DDD, and I got it two days later via SAVER shipping. They sent it UPS two day select. I was shocked. A little dissapointed because I wanted my dvds (which I still haven't gotten!!!) but EB is definately the best.

One thing I have to say though, I wish EBgames would follow Gamestop and use the Preowned stickers that instantly peel off. I just bought a few games from Gamestop (God of War and Tekken 5) and their Preowned stickers are awesome! Not a trace. EB is still better though.

[quote name='sandrokstar']ordering extra items sorta defeats the purpose of saver shipping doesn't it? .[/QUOTE]

You have to add the pre-owned item, to get the free shipping, but I agree it's dumb to buy stuff you don't want (why do I need a non-analog controller???).

Buy something you want. I buy used N64 carts.

troy

[quote name='tayaf69']Definately all about size. I ordered eight games the other day, two days after ordering a LARGE order from DDD.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of one of the greatest days in my life I came home and there was 2 brown boxes one from DDD and one from EB. I opend them both and had hords and hords of movies and games for weeks. It was awesome.

pointless post... yep

it works..... fedex 3 day if you order that controller along with anything else

I just verified it

EB will probably run out of those now since everyone will be using that to get faster shipping

Here an oddity -- I ordered an N64 and a copy of Driver for PS1 last week: they shipped out media mail in the same box. How in the world does a game system qualify as "media"?

Nice catch Follandboy on this. Never noticed it myself (never ordered those items). I'm going to try those out the next time I order something from them. This thread indeed should be stickied.

[quote name='TimTucker']Here an oddity -- I ordered an N64 and a copy of Driver for PS1 last week: they shipped out media mail in the same box. How in the world does a game system qualify as "media"?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, and if the post office opens the box and sess an N64, they'll send it back to EBgames.

That happened to me one time. I shipped a game, and then received a letter, "There's a problem with your package." Postmaster talks to me and says, "You know media is only for books, dvds, tapes." (He holds up a piece of black plastic.) "This is not media."

I couldn't believe it. They held up a package just because there was a little bit of plastic trash in my box, that I didn't notice.

troy

I've had packages delivered via UPS that contained only games, although I always use the SAVER code. It's a total pain too - I live in the city, and am never around when the UPS guy comes. They can't leave it at my door (it would get stolen) and picking up the thing means a long trip to the end of the L train. I wish they'd send it USPS, since the post office is a lot closer. Doesn't seem to be any logic to it either. Maybe something to do with package size. If EB wasn't so cheap, I would have given up already.

well with big companies they have so many shipping methods that with the free shipping stuff they probably throw it in where ever they have room

[quote name='bostonfrontier']EBgames won't allow you to combine Saver and CAG15 anymore!!!!!!!!!! DAMNNNNN!!![/QUOTE]

Dosen't work for me either.

Looks like EB must have caught on to what everyone was doing, and nixed the combination.

Damn, that sucks. =( That was my absolute favorite part about the EB web site. I'm extra glad now that I stuck that playstation gamepad into my last CAG15/SAVER/EDGE order and it got upgraded to UPS. They must be taking it in the shorts on shipping though, so I don't really blame them, but I will miss it.

bread's done
Back