How to get rid of sticker on cardboard or book cover?

62t

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
OK some of the game guides I picked up have sticker and they very hard to get rid of. Also my copy of 4 swords have sticker on the cardboard box. Is there anyway to clean up those stickers without damaging the paer?

On action figure packages, I sometimes use scotch tape wrapped around my index finger and slowly tack it down on the residue and pull it up by kind of rolling my finger upwards. It works for the most part but does sometimes take a little of the printed package material with it if you do not do it right.

If the sticker is still on the package, gently heat the thing with a hair dryer.

Then peel ever so slowly while gently heating again with the hair dryer.

This causes the glue to semi-melt and it will stick back to just the sticker - making it easier to peel off.

I don't have too much trouble getting the sticker off, it is that the paper remains really sticky.

OK, well, once you get the sticker off, just get a couple of drops of Goo-Gone (basically orange-scented mineral spirits sold to get rid of, well...goo) and gently massage it with your finger on the sticky area. The goo will start to dissolve, and eventually wipe right up. Don't use too much though, or else the area might appear raised if it soaks it up. I've used this with excellent effect on both game boxes and action figure cards.

I keep telling you peoples, furniture polish! spray a bit on the sticky spot, wait a sec, then rub with a towel (you may want to put something in the box to avoid box dents.) Or just apply to the towel. It's a bit time-consuming on paper cuz you can't let it soak like on plastic, but it'll come off. Really! :D

There are two types of GooGone; an oil based (Goo Gone) and a water based (Goo Gone 2). I'd recommend the water based one since on certain surfaces, the oil based solvent will literally eat away at whatever you put it on. Unlike most instructions, their suggestion that you test it out on a small hidden area first is a good one.

If you use the hair dryer on the sticker before you try to remove it, there will be no sticky residue remaining.

If you have already pulled the sticker off, use Goo-Gone to remove the residue.

Works like a charm!

jeug

bread's done
Back