How to make Steam start in offline mode?

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I apologize for the noobish question, but I'm looking through the settings right now and I don't see it. I need to make Steam start in offline mode. How do I do this?

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']File - Go Offline. Steam will restart and you'll be in offline mode.[/quote]

Will that make it start in offline mode every time I boot up Steam? My connection at school is so shitty that Steam can't even boot up for me to switch it to offline mode. For some reason, instead of doing it automatically, it just won't start.

Unplug your ethernet cable/turn off wireless when its starting up.

Probably another say to do it with a command on the shortcut, but that'll do you for now.

edit:
Typed: "Start steam in offline mode" into google and found:
[quote name='Some Dude on a forum']
Make a text document and write ForceOfflineMode=Enable and then save as steam.cfg (not steam.cfg.txt) in Steam map.

Then it will enter offline mode everytime you start steam, without the need to start steam online and then enter offline from there.[/quote]

[quote name='crystalklear64']Unplug your ethernet cable/turn off wireless when its starting up.

Probably another say to do it with a command on the shortcut, but that'll do you for now.

edit:
Typed: "Start steam in offline mode" into google and found:[/quote]

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Unplug your ethernet cable/turn off wireless when its starting up.

edit:
Typed: "Start steam in offline mode" into google and found:[/quote]

Rockin! I may go back and fiddle with my Half Life Anthology again now that I finally don't have to wait for it to "Steam" every time. That annoyed the piss out of me.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Rockin! I may go back and fiddle with my Half Life Anthology again now that I finally don't have to wait for it to "Steam" every time. That annoyed the piss out of me.[/QUOTE]

how did u get it to start, i have the game black ps for pc and i try to open it, but when i do go offlne it wont open again and when i unplug the internet it wont work so could u pls help me im a noob too

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Rockin! I may go back and fiddle with my Half Life Anthology again now that I finally don't have to wait for it to "Steam" every time. That annoyed the piss out of me.[/QUOTE]

r u always online cuz i need help

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']File - Go Offline. Steam will restart and you'll be in offline mode.[/QUOTE]

can u help me too

Sometimes steam needs to be able to go online to start in offline mode. If steam wants to go online I've found no way to force it to start in offline mode.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Wow. It baffles me when somebody signs up just to necropost something from over a year ago.... :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

he probably found it on google search for starting steam in offline mode and didn't look at the dates... whats so baffling about that?

bread's done
Back