How to... on the PSP

thelonepig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
530 (100%)
I purchased my first PSP yesterday (AC bundle) and am in need of some assistance.

1) If I have a gameshare account on my PS3 and there are some PS1 titles on that account, do I have to log my PSP into that account to download them and does it have to stay downloaded there to play? I didn't see an option for multiple users on the PSP and am a bit confused.

2) Can anyone recommend a good site for wallpapers/themes? I tried to look for some via Google, but came up with some very poorly designed sites.

3) I have Tales of the World, Assassin's Creed Bloodlines, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. Persona, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Ac!d 2 are on the way. Does anyone have some other good recommendations? I enjoy nearly every genre.

4) What else do I need to know about the PSP that I probably don't already?

EDIT: I didn't see a general questions thread, otherwise I would have searched there as I'm sure these questions have all been asked before. Google has failed me, unfortunately.

First thing I did was look up the best ways to keep the battery. In other words to keep from having to charge it everyday. I don't remember everything I read but I do remember to keep the brightness on the lowest setting. Keeping the volume low helps too or just use headphones. I don't use any custom wallpapers because they take up space on the memory stick and its more for the PSP to load when it starts up but that's just me. Google is your friend I guess I don't have any favorites saved for PSP stuff.

Answer to question 2: Download the game on ur PS3, and simply connect your PSP to your PS3 (via usb connector) and transfer the file. You don't need to login to your playstation network account to access PSP games, so it shouldn't matter if the game is gameshared. Unless, of course, you are trying to download directly from your PSP.

Answer to question 3:
Few games that I have enjoyed. RPG - Brave Story. Music - DJMax Portable 1/2 or Fever (Fever is a lot harder though) I am currently playing Half Minute Heroes and it is a great portable game! Also since they released Ad Hoc party, you might want to check out Monster Hunter Freedom, Dynasty Warrior Strikeforce and Phantasy Star Portable (That is if you know people that have the same game and you can Co-op with them.
Final Fantasy Dissida and Final Fantasy Crisis Core are good games as well. =)

Answer to question 4: Baiscally what AvidWriter said, avoid charging PSP like charging a cellphone, and only charge it only if you are playing it a lot. Also screen protector is overrated imo :D

[quote name='thelonepig']2) Can anyone recommend a good site for wallpapers/themes? I tried to look for some via Google, but came up with some very poorly designed sites.[/QUOTE]

http://www.psp-themes.net/ It might look a bit cheap and rubbish but the themes themselves are top notch. :roll:

[quote name='thelonepig']3) I have Tales of the World, Assassin's Creed Bloodlines, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. Persona, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Ac!d 2 are on the way. Does anyone have some other good recommendations? I enjoy nearly every genre.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?u=232263 My blog of all games I'd recommend for you. Read the comments if you want further advice on games to buy.

[quote name='thelonepig']
4) What else do I need to know about the PSP that I probably don't already?
[/QUOTE]

PSN store will be selling comics come beginning/middle of December. You can also purchase or rent movies on the PSN store.

Other than that I can't think of anything else you need to know. However, if you ever need any help or have a query, feel free to PM me.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Answer to question 2: Download the game on ur PS3, and simply connect your PSP to your PS3 (via usb connector) and transfer the file. You don't need to login to your playstation network account to access PSP games, so it shouldn't matter if the game is gameshared. Unless, of course, you are trying to download directly from your PSP.

[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this? I seem to recall trying to DL my gameshare groups copy of FF7 off my PS3 and getting an error message.

bread's done
Back