How to play Super Famicom games?

If you aren't super anal about your SNES, just take a plyers or something similar and remove the two nubs inside the cartridge door. It works like a charm.

[quote name='rockhero']I have the Neo Fami which can play Famicom games, but what is the best way for me to play Super Famicom games?[/quote]

You can mod an SNES to play Super Famicom games by breaking the plastic tabs inside, but I never liked that method personally. I bought an SNES - Super Famicom cart adapter when the SNES was first released in America for about $20. It attaches to any Super Famicom cart directly, here's a pic of mine attached to my Super Fami copy of SF2T.

sfap.jpg

[quote name='nixts'][quote name='rockhero']I have the Neo Fami which can play Famicom games, but what is the best way for me to play Super Famicom games?[/quote]

You can mod an SNES to play Super Famicom games by breaking the plastic tabs inside, but I never liked that method personally. I bought an SNES - Super Famicom cart adapter when the SNES was first released in America for about $20. It attaches to any Super Famicom cart directly, here's a pic of mine attached to my Super Fami copy of SF2T.

sfap.jpg
[/quote]

Cool, thanks man. I will pick one of those up.. eBay here I come..

[quote name='valor19']Just wondering, but.... How is the Neo Fami?[/quote]

It's pretty sweet. The games work like a charm. First try 95% of the time. The only problem is that the cords are pretty short, and I wish it was possible to use the regular old-school controllers. It's definitely worth picking up though.

[quote name='Querjek']You could always buy a Super Famicom, too, like me, if you're anal about your SNES cartridge port.[/quote]

I'll probably either buy a Super Famicom or jsut buy a second SNES and convert one of them..

I've actually got one of those adaptors for trade...check my list

BTW you could also buy a cheap used gamegenie and bust the tabs on that...

If you don't want to pop open your SNES... you can jimmy rig a SNES Game Genie by removing the plastic tabs from it. You pop the game in, enter no codes, and just start the game. It works perfectly fine. It's how I played Super Bomberman 3, 4, & 5 before I imported a SFC console.

bread's done
Back