How to stop RROD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maguszxz

CAGiversary!
I hope to be a new 360 owner ever since I seen how much fun Crackdown looks. Yet, I am a bit discouraged when hear about RROD, 65nm chips, towel tricks, and the like. I wait awhile for everything to straighten out but maybe not for too long. In case I can't wait for too long, how can I prevent my system from going into the long cold night. Open Areas? Cooling systems? Sticking a fan in front of it? Any sensible ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

First thing is to buy one of the new premiums with HDMI as they have the new heat sinks, or to get an Elite with a manufacture date of July or later as they should have them as well.

If you get an old one withouth the heat sink, all you can do is make sure it's in an open area, put it horizontally rather than vertically (though I think that's more to prevent disc scratching) and hope for the best.

If it gets the RROD, MS will fix it for free, and it should come back with at least the new heat sink (or you'll get a refurb with one)

Just make sure it's semi-well ventilated. My 360's been on the carpet in the same spot in between my TV and a pile of games/other systems since I got it with no troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back