How to study for permit test-Update-I Passed!

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
Well, my 16th birthday is Wednesday and my mom is off Friday. I'm going to take the written exam to get my learners permit. I plan to study from now until Friday. I usually never study for school and do fine. However, this is something i really want to do well on. What did you guys do for your permit/written test? I mean i hear it's really easy but i don't want to be over confident.

Do a google search. When I moved down to N.C in order to transfer my Mass. license to N.C I had to take the permit test. There was a site that basically had all the questions they asked, and I aced it no problem. Will look for the site again. If I find it I'll edit and add.

n/m it was specifically for the nc test. Good luck.

Read the entire book again right before going for the test. That's what I did, and I only missed one question. Also, you should check to see if there's an online test for your state so you don't have to take it at the DMV. It's a lot easier taking it at home than in a boiling hot DMV office.

focus on the rules of the road, speed limits, road sings and what they mean , children in cars and how they should be seated.lines on the road what they mean. duis and driving offenses and penalties.

Uh, I am not familiar with the steps required to get your permit where you live, but let me share with you how it works in Texas.

There is two ways to get your permit, parent taught and Driver's Ed.

If you take Driver's Ed, then you sign up with a program, usually through your school or a separate driving school, and you have to complete a bunch of classes before you can go take your test at the DMV.

Or, you can take the parent taught method. With this method, you and a parent go down to the DMV and request a packet. In this packet includes all the forms that your parent needs to sign saying that they taught you how to drive, and also a handbook for you to read. After you have completed so many hours of your parent teaching you, then you can go down to the DMV, take your test and get your permit.

So if you don't have a handbook, you are probably gonna have to wait for several weeks, to months before you can get it, study and then take the test.

Honestly, most of it is common sense. I'd suggest picking up your state's driving book at your local DMV and looking over it. That's really about all you need to do.

at least for me in Mass, if there is a question about fines, always pick the highest amount. I had three money/fine related questions and each answer was the largest amount.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Bah, what book. DMV Handbook? Where can i find it, do i have to buy it? Do they make a .pdf[/quote]

They're free at any DMV, but there should be a pdf on the NY DMV site.

Go to your state DMV's website and take several of the online quizzes, they help immensely. I was in your spot roughly 2 years ago, now going for my license since I just finished my "5-Hour Course" or the video, probably something similar in your state. Have to practice driving now before I make my appointment.

Get a book from the DMV and read it once or twice before the day you take your permit test. It's so easy that if you don't pass it the 1st time you'll know most the answers the second time. In NV they have 3-4 different test but they all deal with similar questions.

Remember what signs mean what, and what color they are. What the broken/ solid yellow/white lines mean. Who has the right a way in different circumstances. The speed limits. How to park uphill and downhill. That's basically the whole test. Be careful they try to trick you.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Honestly, most of it is common sense. I'd suggest picking up your state's driving book at your local DMV and looking over it. That's really about all you need to do.[/quote]

This is the answer you are looking for. Don't stress over it, use common sense, and pick up the DMV booklet at your local DMV to obtain more common sense. :D

dont know if its the same as it was back in 91 but if read each question carefully and remember your answers.

i flunked it the first time (could only miss 2 ,i missed 3 )

went back and the test was the same test , in the same order... So there is no way you can flunk it twice LOL

There's really no reason to study. The tests are usually extremely easy and with common sense you'll pass.

I failed the permit test the first time :(. I didn't study and didn't know what the legal alcohol limit was and some other stuff.

Anyway, congrats on passing.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']All the idiots on the road managed to pass it.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... I don't know why they even bother with the DMV crap because of the above.

I actually failed the written test when I moved from Jersey to California. Had one too many wrong answers, re-took it right after, passed. LOL!

Whoever made the law in Cali, where you could leave a baby in the car as long as there is a 12+ year old kid in the car needs to die in a fire too.

bread's done
Back