How to train your dragon?

$24.99 is basically a standard selling price; nothing special. My guess is someone will have this for closer to $20 release week.

[quote name='Raven6009']Just saw the Best Buy ad for next week and they're selling the BD/DVD combo for $22.99.[/QUOTE]Expect Amazon to match it on Monday or Tuesday of the week it comes out. Since it doesn't come out until Tuesday, I'd bet on Tuesday being the day.

Im sure it will be a great deal on blakfriday just like many others haha this is a great movie i cant wait till the end of november to get it :p

[quote name='shrike4242']Expect Amazon to match it on Monday or Tuesday of the week it comes out. Since it doesn't come out until Tuesday, I'd bet on Tuesday being the day.[/QUOTE]
Screw Amazon. Best Buy is the one offering the lower price, so that's who I'm buying it from. If Amazon wanted my money they should of had the better price to begin with. Plus I don't have Prime, and FSSS takes 3-4 days (sometimes longer) for delivery.

[quote name='shrike4242']Expect Amazon to match it on Monday or Tuesday of the week it comes out. Since it doesn't come out until Tuesday, I'd bet on Tuesday being the day.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the rare movies that doesn't come out on a Tuesday. I have no idea why they are releasing it on Friday (maybe some marketing move). But anyway its set for 10/15/10.

Not worth the $25 in the slightest regard. Shrek (which was less than stellar) and Toy Story (which was orgasmic) are more deserving of those prices.

I found this in my goldbox about a month ago and just hoping it goes down further. Most movies I wouldn't touch at this price but my daughter really want's to watch it.

@anybody interested, Toshiba produced a 3dtv that doesn't require the glasses. Only drawbacks it has at the moment, to see the 3d effect really well you need to sit close only 12in and 20in exist and the technology is expensive right now.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2010/10/toshiba-to-offer-no-glasses-tv.html

[quote name='Raven6009']Screw Amazon. Best Buy is the one offering the lower price, so that's who I'm buying it from. If Amazon wanted my money they should of had the better price to begin with. Plus I don't have Prime, and FSSS takes 3-4 days (sometimes longer) for delivery.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, but most people consider Amazon the better deal because the large majority of users won't be charged tax. If I decide to pick this up, that's where I'd buy it from for sure.

[quote name='Raven6009']Screw Amazon. Best Buy is the one offering the lower price, so that's who I'm buying it from. If Amazon wanted my money they should of had the better price to begin with. Plus I don't have Prime, and FSSS takes 3-4 days (sometimes longer) for delivery.[/QUOTE]That's your choice. I do have Prime and even if I didn't, I don't mind waiting for Amazon to save time going to Best Buy as well as saving on tax. Amazon will usually match BB's pricing on sale items, so I can always order it for in-store pickup at Best Buy if Amazon doesn't match.

[quote name='Jason28']This is one of the rare movies that doesn't come out on a Tuesday. I have no idea why they are releasing it on Friday (maybe some marketing move). But anyway its set for 10/15/10.[/QUOTE]Weird. Last time I saw something like that was NSBM Wii, which released on a Sunday.

Regardless, I expect Amazon to match BB's pricing, and we can go from there.

[quote name='shrike4242']That would be for a child ticket to Megamind.

Boo, Best Buy. Not cool, since it's not all kids that go to animated movies.[/QUOTE]

From what I gather anyone can use this, its just $7.50 off of the price of a ticket.

[quote name='help1']Not worth the $25 in the slightest regard. Shrek (which was less than stellar) and Toy Story (which was orgasmic) are more deserving of those prices.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

How to Train Your Dragon was much better than Shrek, and I loved Shrek.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've gone through this entire thread, and no one has told me how to train my dragon :([/QUOTE]

Stroke it once a day?

[quote name='Frogurt.man']At LEAST twice a day. Helps the immune system.[/QUOTE]

But if you go 3x a day they go cross-eyed.

is it standard for blu rays to drop quickly? i really want this one but im super cheap. i want to get it in the next month for sure! should i wait or just pick it up now

Target ad just came out and they want 24.99 for the BR, so it looks like BB or Amazon is the way to go on this one.

[quote name='bredbu']is it standard for blu rays to drop quickly? i really want this one but im super cheap. i want to get it in the next month for sure! should i wait or just pick it up now[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if this dropped quickly. Its one of the best reviewed movies this year and made a decent amount of money. That being said this is most likely going to be on sale on Black Friday if you wanted to wait that long.

This is going to be available at redbox on day of release so I think I'll just rent the BD from there and, if I enjoy it, pick it up later when it's on sale (Black Friday?)

[quote name='rawer']The Blu-ray version is $20 in the Walmart ad that came with my paper today.[/QUOTE]

Is that the blu ray DVD combo pack? If so do u know if that will be nationwide? I want to price match it @ best buy

edit: I found it on walmarts website its the blu ray only thats 19.99 the combo is 22 like everywhere else

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14967704

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']Not worth the $25 in the slightest regard. Shrek (which was less than stellar) and Toy Story (which was orgasmic) are more deserving of those prices.[/QUOTE]

Drek was trash (not even worth $5).

Toy Story 3 was amazing (worth the $25).

And How to Train Your Dragon was excellent (also worth the $25).

[quote name='rawer']The Blu-ray version is $20 in the Walmart ad that came with my paper today.[/QUOTE]Must be local because my Walmart flier only shows the 2-disc DVD SE at $24.96.

Crazy....

How to train your dragon was excellent, and its a must buy.

[quote name='shrike4242']Must be local because my Walmart flier only shows the 2-disc DVD SE at $24.96.[/QUOTE]

My ad (really a 20-page booklet, with Halloween items on the front) has the 2-Disc DVD shown (pg. 13 with other "Dragon" items) & listed at $24.96, then in smaller print underneath it says "Blu-ray Disc, $20".

I didn't realize Wal-mart had an "exclusive" Blu-ray (non-combo pack) available. Still, the ad might be good for a pricematch somewhere else.

[quote name='rawer']My ad (really a 20-page booklet, with Halloween items on the front) has the 2-Disc DVD shown (pg. 13 with other "Dragon" items) & listed at $24.96, then in smaller print underneath it says "Blu-ray Disc, $20".

I didn't realize Wal-mart had an "exclusive" Blu-ray (non-combo pack) available. Still, the ad might be good for a pricematch somewhere else.[/QUOTE]I see that now as I look at the ad in closer detail with the "Blu-Ray Disc, $20".

Walmart has had some 1-disc BR exclusives before (Wizard Of Oz), so this one isn't a surprise either.

Another case of $3 or so being the price for a DVD copy of the movie.

[quote name='shrike4242']That would be for a child ticket to Megamind.

Boo, Best Buy. Not cool, since it's not all kids that go to animated movies.[/QUOTE]
Jeez you're only 15 or so aren't you? ;)

i agree its a bummer that its a child ticket for the megamind movie. 22,99 is sorta high price.
Here in MA ive looked at all the ads and this is what ive gathered, i know some prices have been already given here but why not put them all together?
*These are all BLU+DVD Packs*
Best Buy: $22.99 + Movie child ticket to megamind. Movie cash valid at participating theaters only. Movie cash is valid 11/5/10–12/12/10 for one (1) theatrical child admission up to $7.50 in value. Internet access and printer required. Available while supplies last. No rainchecks. Void where prohibited. Good in USA only. See details inside package.

Ultimate Electronics: $21.95
Walmart: $22.96
Target: $24.99
Amazon: $22.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Costco:
$26.99 eekk

looks like my best bet is UE unless i can change the child ticket from bestbuy for an adult if i throw in 3 more bucks there

If you consider $7.50 for the Megamind it`s $15.49 basically, right? Any chance for it been cheaper than $20 on BF at EXACT Best Buy with these movie passes inside?

bread's done
Back