How to turn Visa GC into Cash

decrot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I have a bunch of these visa gift cards that i would like to turn into cash to pay off my credit cards.

they are prepaid visas that have no pin. i cant use them at atms and they get charged as credit at grocery stores, so no cash there either.

Does anyone know a way to turn these into cash, the name on the card says "gift card" so im not sure if i can paypal these.

thx.

My gf used one at Boarders then had to return the item because it wasn't what she thought it was and they gave her cash back. I was surprised that they did that insted of a gift card. So you might want to try to buy something then return it for the amount on the card, but you might want to ask them how they would return your money if you have to return it.

[quote name='Jgel']Nordstroms will give you cash back for anything. Buy anything and exchange it for cash.[/quote]

Don't forget we log your driver's license and if you do it more than a few times you start getting denied at the POS register.

[quote name='Silver47']Don't forget we log your driver's license and if you do it more than a few times you start getting denied at the POS register.[/QUOTE]

I was not saying to do anything wrong. I just know that I have returned things there about 3 or 4 times and they never questioned me. Course, I have spent thousands there, but it is the greatest store in the world.

I like how you say WE like you are the owner of Nordstrom ;)

[quote name='Jgel']I was not saying to do anything wrong. I just know that I have returned things there about 3 or 4 times and they never questioned me. Course, I have spent thousands there, but it is the greatest store in the world.

I like how you say WE like you are the owner of Nordstrom ;)[/quote]

Haha I say we because I work there...but if you spend thousands there, we don't really care if we give you cash!

If you already have paypal, you could just paypal yourself using those from another account you set up. They would take their fees and stuff out though.

Why don't you just pay your credit cards with those gift cards? I'm pretty sure they allow it, just call the company up.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'd work if it's a visa gift card. I've heard of people paying credit card bills with other credit cards before. :lol:

Just call up whatever card company you need and you can use your GC to pay off your credit card debt. I've seen it done before lol....

I'd just ask around, chances are that someone you know will be buying groceries within the week, you give them gift cards, they use them and give you cash. Seems easy enough, anyways.

And there's probably no way you can use those gift cards to make a credit card payment.

there is no way you can use a gc like many suggested, to pay a credit card. there is a specific procedure when doing this for other credit cards, its called a balance transfer if you use another card to pay off a balance on a credit card. it wont work with a gift card since they dont allow any form of cash advance. its only purchases.

I also was thinking about this when I got free Discover Gift Cards for my purchases...and it hit me, just use them for something you need anyway. I mean you're going to need groceries, gas, or other things any way right? Why not just use the gift card for those and offset your expenses...that's essentially the same thing as just getting cash for them. After all, if you have the cash you're just going to use it to buy something anyway right? Just my two cents ^_^ Unless you have like tens of thousands of dollars on these GC, just use them for your normal expenses. Or if you're really desperate, you could always sell them on eBay as GC's usually get around 90%-95% of their face value (sometimes more if they're collectable). Good luck!

Sincerely,
JJ Parks :)

PS: I've done it many times where I'll use it to turn a profit also by buying something I know will resell for a higher value. Let us know what you end up doing ^_^

buying something and selling it for a profit could be good.
i was thinking about getting a wii and selling it, but im not sure if they are very profitable anymore, plus i dont like the idea of buying a wii just to resell it.

does anyone know what i could buy and reselling it for a higher value?

Don't feel bad...if you can find a Wii sell it. They're not super profitable but one thing is for sure, you won't lose money on the deal so that'd be a great way to use up your gift cards for sure. That being said, they're not exactly easy to spot in the wild.

Good luck!

[quote name='Fuzi0n']My gf used one at Boarders then had to return the item because it wasn't what she thought it was and they gave her cash back. I was surprised that they did that insted of a gift card. So you might want to try to buy something then return it for the amount on the card, but you might want to ask them how they would return your money if you have to return it.[/quote]

She must have been lucky ..

I had a prepaid visa card I recieved for Christmas, bought a pair of shoes a footlocker .. ended up finding the Jordans I wanted at a different store and went to return them. The guy at a foot locker asked if I had the orignal gift card that I used to purchase the shoes and I said no. I was hoping he would give it back to me in cash instead. I was then informed if I didn't have that card it had to go on Foot Locker Gift Card. I then pulled out my wallet and took a second look for the orignal card and of course found it. They refunded the amount to the card and it was back on there in 2-3 days.

I have used credit cards/debit cards to pay my BlockBuster Mastercard before. You can try using the card as a credit card/debit card and pay over the phone. Some CC companies charge 15 bucks for this process though.

Some of the Visa giftcards can be registered on there sites. Such as Simon Mall Visa Gift Cards .. you can visit there website and register the card in your name and your address. Then on when you use it online etc. where it asks for the addy of the CC holder, your name and addy will be registered.

bread's done
Back