How to turn your old fat DS into $80 fast.

Follandboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I just preordered my DS Lite through Overstock.com, so I needed to unload my regular DS.

I put it on Half.com for $89.00 and $7.00 shipping and it was gone in like 4 hours.

My DS was complete and had no blemishes, but I think you can get a similar price for yours.

I will miss my DS for the next month, I cant wait for my Lite.

The bad part is Half.com took $11 in fees.

I'm giving mine to my nephew. he's going to flip out!

I wonder if he'll react like that kid in the Nintendo 64 video :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']I'm giving mine to my nephew. he's going to flip out!

I wonder if he'll react like that kid in the Nintendo 64 video :lol:[/quote]

make sure to have the camera running... ;)

[quote name='Puffa469']make sure to have the camera running... ;)[/QUOTE]

Looks like we'll have to wait till Christmas. His birthday passed in April and his mom (my sister) wants to wait and get him a Lite. Guess I'm selling mine.

I can see it now: "Nintendo DS remote control car!!!!"

[quote name='megaseadramon']I sold it for $80 on craigs list. I preordered the ds lite on overstock. Now I just hope it doesnt take to long to get here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just sent mine out yesterday, and I already miss it. The wait will be worth it when I have a brand new DS Lite in my hand.

Hmm, I might give this a shot. The one I sell will have Hori screen protectors and a pretty fresh Best Buy service plan... I might throw in my sealed copy of True Swing Golf and try to sell the package for a little over $100. No listing fees on Half.com, so it's no biggie if no one bites!

[quote name='Apossum']I'm giving mine to my nephew. he's going to flip out!

I wonder if he'll react like that kid in the Nintendo 64 video :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm going to give my old DS to my brother for his birthday, which was March 17th. Unfortunately he had a compound fracture in his arm shortly before his birthday which means he couldnt hold the system.

So I have been able to hang onto the system until this weekend when I see him again. Thus I've been able to play New Super Mario Brothers and Kirby Canvas Curse before I am able to pick up a DS Lite.

since i won't be able to hook my nephew up until X-mas, what's a good price for a DS right now? I'm trying to get rid of mine for $100 with Nintendogs, but I don't know if that's too steep.

damn, I am split on whether I should sell now, and get a white ds lite when it comes out. Or if I should just keep my ds and wait for some other colors to come out then sell it for less.

[quote name='mkg12']damn, I am split on whether I should sell now, and get a white ds lite when it comes out. Or if I should just keep my ds and wait for some other colors to come out then sell it for less.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting rid of it now, just in case. I'm not happy about losing NSMB, Phoenix Wright, Tetris and Brain Age for 3 weeks though ;)

guess it depends on how much you care about the other colors.

I recently sold mine came in at about $80 + $5 for a ds, charge, and a game (golf or Ridge Racer).

That was after shipping and fees. Not to bad considering I bought one 3 months after launch for $100 and got almost a years use out of it.

Thought about getting rid of my two DS systems but I'll probably just keep them as spares and for guests. Be nice to have 4 DS systems for when people come over and I wanna show em the latest multi-player game.

I got $133 out of my platinum. I put with it a Mr Driller that I bought at Best Buy for $10 and a charging kit that I bought at my closing Toys R Us for $1.50. A winner is me.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']anyone looking to unload a mint complete one? Im interested.[/QUOTE]

Im looking to sell mine, it's a Graphite Black PM me in you're interested.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']droptop, how much u looking for?[/QUOTE]

A million dollars!

DrEvil%20_orig.JPG

[quote name='Purkeynator']I got $133 out of my platinum. I put with it a Mr Driller that I bought at Best Buy for $10 and a charging kit that I bought at my closing Toys R Us for $1.50. A winner is me.[/QUOTE]

WHo the hell would pay that much? People that never venture out into the world and do not know MSRP? Damn, way to go!

Or you can just sell your DS here on CAG and help a fellow CAG out. Well that is what I did at least. You may make a few dollars less, but it is worth it to help out our CAG community.

I am getting my DS Lite for $115 shipped.

On half.com after commission and shipping I sold:
Old DS $80
Mario Kart DS w/ Stickers $30

$5 outa pocket aint tooo bad.

bread's done
Back