How will Skyrim run?

BigD63

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is not the right place to post. I'm not sure if the board gets spammed with a lot of posts like this.

I'm trying to determine whether I should get Skyrim for Xbox or PC. Given the specs of my pc, how should it run compared to consoles?

My PC Specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB

Thanks in advance!

Looks like I can run it. The only thing is that site also said I could run Rage and I have issues with it. I don't think a fix has come out for it yet. I don't plan on buying another game that has Bathesda's name on it for some time. So keep in mind that they have had issues with their last few games on the PC. I would search Google to see if their are any issues before getting this game.

[quote name='sendme']Looks like I can run it. The only thing is that site also said I could run Rage and I have issues with it. I don't think a fix has come out for it yet. I don't plan on buying another game that has Bathesda's name on it for some time. So keep in mind that they have had issues with their last few games on the PC. I would search Google to see if their are any issues before getting this game.[/QUOTE]

You do realize Bethesda only published Rage, right? They're actually the DEVELOPER and publisher of Skyrim. That said, Skyrim runs fabulously for me, though my computer is better than the one discussed in the OP. Regardless, I'd imagine you could run it on a mix of low/medium settings.

Thats a great site actually. I used to use it all the time before I built my current PC, now I dont need it :)

[quote name='urmomlikesme']is this site any good? it seemed like it was gonna be harmful to my computer at first because it was setting off my firewall. Also, is it accurate?[/QUOTE]

Very accurate. Very awesome. Endorsed and used by many PC gaming and enthusiast mags.
Plus it's free.

[quote name='Waughoo']Thats a great site actually. I used to use it all the time before I built my current PC, now I dont need it :)[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks! The site says i can run most of the games I want (e.g. Skyrim, deus ex) on minimum and recommend settings :D

bread's done
Back