How Would You Rate My CAG Shopping?

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!
Well I blew my wad all before BF, and now I feel kinda bad about it. Just no self control when I knew that this year was going to be sick with deals on BF.

It was those Amazon preorder credits that kept reeling me in. You buy one, and it gives more credit so you buy another and get more credit. It is reallly an addicting way to keep you buying! Check out my purchases for 2010:

Battlefield BC 2 - $59.99 (earned $20 credit)

Final Fantasy XIII - $39.99 (used credit, earned $15 credit)

God of War 3 $45.99 (used credit)

Splinter Cell Conviction - $36.99 (not sure how I got this price)

Red Dead Redemption - $56.99

Yakuza 3 - $39.99

Singularity - $59.99 (what was I thinking)

Halo Reach - $49.99 (earned $20 credit)

Medal of Honor $39.99 ( used credit, earned $20)

Fallout New Vegas $39.99 (used credit, earned $10)

Fable 3 - $49.99 (used credit earned $20)

Dragon Age Ultimate - $39.99

Black Ops - $59.99 (earned 15 credit)

Monopoly Streets, Civ 5, and Valkyrie Chronicles 2 for $83.41, buy 2 get 1 free sale

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Sims 3 both for $72.00 using credits and promotion.

So should I feel bad for these purchases, or did I save about the same or more so than if I waited till Black Friday?

The really sad thing is God of War and Red Dead are the only games on this list that I have had time to beat. lol

I'm limited on funds so I'd say those are bad buys. I've seen better deals on almost all those games but who knows when you picked them up (release date?). But seems like you had plenty of credit to burn as well so they weren't too bad.

Don't get so sucked into the deals! I used to always say "damn that's a awesome deal. Buy now think later." Don't do that because you won't play them! I have games from 2009 that I haven't played. That's just so retarded when I think about it. I am done buying games. Except Red dead and nba jam :cool:! I swear!

you would've saved an insane amount more. $59.99 for singularity? It will be $20 new at Hastings. It's $10 used at Familyvideo.com.

BF BC2 was $14.99 on Gamefly, FF13 was $18 on Gamefly, Fable 3 and Halo Reach will be $40 new this weekend pretty much everywhere, Splinter Cell Conviction was $10 (I think.. maybe 12) on Gamefly..

This post makes me feel sad for your wallet

Nothing really impressive, though of course you saved a lot more than the average shopper would have -- so I wouldn't feel bad about it, you bought a lot of quality software and that's what counts.

You're gonna have a helluva backlog though. I think the silliest thing here is the fact that you bought a year's worth of gaming in a 1 week span. You could of saved more by playing one at a time -- something very few CAGs seem to understand here as well.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Nothing really impressive, though of course you saved a lot more than the average shopper would have -- so I wouldn't feel bad about it, you bought a lot of quality software and that's what counts.

You're gonna have a helluva backlog though. I think the silliest thing here is the fact that you bought a year's worth of gaming in a 1 week span. You could of saved more by playing one at a time -- something very few CAGs seem to understand here as well.[/QUOTE]

That takes a tremendous amount of self control for me. Even with my insane backlog, I was still pissed off at all the delays this year. I like being hopelessly buried in games.

bread's done
Back