wargod

CAGiversary!
-Old white Xbox 360 and accessories upgraded to the new black 250gb
-A new black wii and ps3 slim to compliment it
-The cables to hook them up @ the highest resolution
-2 controllers for each system
-Only the games I want, some purchased others sold

All this for $617.77

(xbox 360 arcade, 60 GB HD, wireless adapter, singstar/ratchet&clank all sold on ebay) + giftcards/credits = $377.20 net profit after shipping and fees.

$994.97-$377.20 = $617.77 Had I held off till the 17th, or waited for the LBP/NMR bundle to drop it could have been extra savings, but I'd rather have everything now.

As of now, the Best Buy total shipped for all the items below would be $935.89 after the wii and ps3 LBP/Cars/MNR bundle savings, so figure the old Wal-mart/Amazon/TRU combo to be a better deal by $90, @ 2 weeks old. :lol:

HolidayDeals.jpg

Well played. Wish I had the money to do all that, but I already have a 250 GB 360 S thanks to the Gamestop trade-in special when they first came out. Traded a ton of shit in, ended up only having to pay $4.24 out of pocket for the new 360 S.

[quote name='Amblix']No 3D TV?[/QUOTE]

As soon as they start making systems to fully take advantage of the 3D is when I'll probably buy.

[quote name='jebnaut']I'm sorry, I can't resist: you mean "complement" and not "compliment."

My English Major alarm was going off, dude.[/QUOTE]

This is blowing my mind, I never knew there was a difference between the two! Rather, I didn't know there were two words.

[quote name='Amblix']No 3D TV?[/QUOTE]
I can't wait until 3D tv dies out as a fad. I don't mind going to a theatre and watching a 3D movie, but I'm not gonna sit around my house wearing those goofy ass glasses.

If these "xbox 360 arcade, 60 GB HD, wireless adapter, singstar/ratchet&clank" cost you money, you cant call that net profit unless you got more than you paid for them selling them on ebay.
Nor can you automatically count giftcards as profit since you (or someone) had to originally pay for them.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I can't wait until 3D tv dies out as a fad. I don't mind going to a theatre and watching a 3D movie, but I'm not gonna sit around my house wearing those goofy ass glasses.[/QUOTE]

I can't bring myself to pay the extra $5 a ticket to see something that is usually just a gimmick with no benefit to the actual experience. Plus, it usually detracts from the movie in some way.

[quote name='juangrande386']couldve done cheaper on the HDMI cables :p. the $0.01 hdmi cables on there work just as good as any ive bought[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lhfan04']You paid 16 bucks for 2 HDMI cables???? facepalm.jpg[/QUOTE]

I have one of those 0.01 cables and it creates a purple tint. I'm going to give these ones a try. Are you running 1080p? What std are they? While you shouldn't pay $60 for Monster cable, there may be a difference between the cheap cables you speak of and the ones I purchased. If you read the reviews for the cheaper cables, you'll see that they appear to be inferior to a decent $8 HDMI 1.4a cable. Time will tell. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Cables

[quote name='jebnaut']I'm sorry, I can't resist: you mean "complement" and not "compliment."

My English Major alarm was going off, dude.[/QUOTE]

Nice catch. I knew they shouldn't have let me test out of college English simply due to a high AP test score. :)

[quote name='Arakias']If these "xbox 360 arcade, 60 GB HD, wireless adapter, singstar/ratchet&clank" cost you money, you cant call that net profit unless you got more than you paid for them selling them on ebay.
Nor can you automatically count giftcards as profit since you (or someone) had to originally pay for them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The term I should have used was "savings" as no money was made in this case. Since I shop for groceries at Wal-Mart, the gift cards will come in handy.

Nice upgrade!

I've bought three $.01 HDMI cables off of amazon.com and they've worked awesomely for my PS3, and my 360. I only have a 32" Vizio so I don't run 1080p quite yet. The 3rd cable was for my folks for Christmas. They refused that I spend money on them, but come on, it's like $3 w/Shipping.

I replaced the coax cable from their Cable/DVD-R and it looks amazingly better.

bread's done
Back