HP Black Ink, Remanufactered or Generic?

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I recently was forced to buy a $30 piece of plastic just so that I could do my hw. I am tired of spending $30 every 2 months for ink that lasts for such a short time. I have been looking at remanufactured and generic carts, which sell for around $10. Which one is better? And does anyone have any suggestions as to where is the best place to buy them? Thanks. :D

How about picking up a low-end laser printer? I've picked up a laser printer a number of years ago and do any B&W printing on that. Anything color goes to the inkjet.

Saved enough on black ink to easily pay for the cost of the laser printer. There's posts on FW & SD periodically for laser printers on the cheap or FAR, so might be worth eyeballing there for one to pick up.

Admittedly, you change a ink cartridge that does a few hundred pages at $20 per cartridge for a toner cartridge that does a few thousand pages for $60-$100, though it'll still cut down on cost per page by a wide margin.

[quote name='shrike4242']How about picking up a low-end laser printer? I've picked up a laser printer a number of years ago and do any B&W printing on that. Anything color goes to the inkjet.

Saved enough on black ink to easily pay for the cost of the laser printer. There's posts on FW & SD periodically for laser printers on the cheap or FAR, so might be worth eyeballing there for one to pick up.

Admittedly, you change a ink cartridge that does a few hundred pages at $20 per cartridge for a toner cartridge that does a few thousand pages for $60-$100, though it'll still cut down on cost per page by a wide margin.[/QUOTE]
Ok, If I was to buy a laser printer, it'll have to be a network one, because I have 3 computers currently, and another one coming soon. Which brands/models would you recommend? Also, I have tried Walgreen's refills, but they don't last that long either, and the refill ink is kinda runny.

[quote name='blackbird3216']Ok, If I was to buy a laser printer, it'll have to be a network one, because I have 3 computers currently, and another one coming soon. Which brands/models would you recommend? Also, I have tried Walgreen's refills, but they don't last that long either, and the refill ink is kinda runny.[/quote]HP laser printers w/wired networking:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...=Networking&v1=Wired+only&catLevel=2#bcAnchor

They start at $249.99 MSRP, though currently, the low-end one has a $50 instant rebate on it, knocking it down to $199.99. The color laser printers w/networking start at $299.99.

Brother monochrome laser printers:
http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/BW_Monochrome_Laser_Printers/

Models w/networking start out at $150.

Listing @ Best Buy for laser printers:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0511003&type=category

Models from Lexmark and Samsung also have networkable versions for $150 and up.

I tend to prefer HP over other brands, so the P1505n or the P2035n would work for B&W. For color, the CP1518ni would work.

Whatever you do, don't buy a samsung laser printer. I have a model from a year or two back, haven't even had to replace the toner carts yet, it's already broken.

I've been considering getting a Brother HL-2170W since I could just wirelessly connect to my router, and I've noticed that there have been many deals recently on this printer that make it less than $100. Too bad all of them have been expired.

bread's done
Back