HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']Are you refferring to OD not charging you? If so I'm in the same boat. I got an official tracking confirmation e-mail this morning and they'll be arriving tomorrow. I have charges from everyone else I tried and most likely failed to order from but not Office Depot which is weird because they are the only one that shipped.
[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you here. Not worried, its just weird.

Well found out why my BB order wasn't going through, I supposedly put in the wrong expiration date for my card. Now I won't get one from them.

Meh. I passed up on the Touchstone. Didn't feel that I needed to tack on an additional $40 for something that really wouldn't come in handy, the way my desk is set up.

My OD order shipped! I have been charged though. I got the confirmation around midnight and it's supposed to arrive TODAY around 8-5, here's hoping. :bouncy: I'm gonna be SUPER happy to get this even for a little more, but the cheapass in me is definitely gonna push it and try for a PM :lol:

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Meh. I passed up on the Touchstone. Didn't feel that I needed to tack on an additional $40 for something that really wouldn't come in handy, the way my desk is set up.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm thinking about getting the official case because it doubles up as a kickstand. Then I would be able to type my documents in landscape mode.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's why I'm thinking about getting the official case because it doubles up as a kickstand. Then I would be able to type my documents in landscape mode.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. I nabbed the case and keyboard for $53 w/tax at OD. Figured that pretty much does what the touchstone does.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Meh. I passed up on the Touchstone. Didn't feel that I needed to tack on an additional $40 for something that really wouldn't come in handy, the way my desk is set up.[/QUOTE]

Heh. That was one of the biggest draws for me. Touchstone for the Pre is awesome.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Lol, that would be funny. Who wouldn't get a Xoom for under $200??[/QUOTE]

iPad 1 is 299 on apples refurbished site. Well worth it at that price.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's Monday and Thursday unless there's an exception being made.[/QUOTE]

Stores here get trucks on different days so it varies, depending on where you live.

I wonder if HP will "have stock" in waves like 9 AM, 12 PM, 3 PM, etc. This way people will be able to get in on the deal at a time that would be convenient for them since right now it's 5:23 AM in the West. I don't expect HP to open for orders until maybe 8 or 9 PST (11 or 12 EST).

Newegg just posted this

Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg – regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!

Hope you boys didn't refuse them all.

[quote name='Dkellar']I wonder if HP will "have stock" in waves like 9 AM, 12 PM, 3 PM, etc. This way people will be able to get in on the deal at a time that would be convenient for them since right now it's 5:23 AM in the West. I don't expect HP to open for orders until maybe 8 or 9 PST (11 or 12 EST).[/QUOTE]

That would be the considerate thing to do. I've pretty much lost hope on getting one of these though. The case and screen protector are scheduled to arrive today (from eBay)...

[quote name='aus_nacht']Newegg just posted this

Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg – regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!

Hope you boys didn't refuse them all.[/QUOTE]

Stupid OnSale. If I hadn't assumed I was getting a Touchpad from them, I might have rolled the dice with Newegg.

Just checked newegg on my iPhone , but It said "no iPhone orders". WTF? Can someone verify their inventory? Thanks

[quote name='ger2396']Just checked newegg on my iPhone , but It said "no iPhone orders". WTF? Can someone verify their inventory? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Their stock has been out for a while now.

Can anyone verify: Supposedly TigerDirect stores are offering them at the fire sale price but in store only? I know TigerDirect stores are scarce.

NewEgg had them up for sale at full price, then pretty much pulled the SKUs out of service over the weekend.

Anyone who bought one from NewEgg took a chance that they'd price adjust it on the way out, or they'd refuse the shipment and send it back to NewEgg if they wouldn't. They also took a chance about getting hit with a 15% restocking fee, which is NewEgg's right to do in their sales agreement for purchases.

It looks like anyone that took a chance with NewEgg will end up lucking out. I just don't know if they have any units remaining and it's just the SKUs that are disabled, or if they really are out of stock as well as turning the SKUs off.

Drove to a local Wal-Mart and picked up two touchstones at full price to return and get the difference back later. I can officially say that I'm done. Got 2 32GB for me and 1 16GB for my mom. If my extra OnSale orders don't get shipped, my friends will have to get their own damn touchpads.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']That's what I did. I nabbed the case and keyboard for $53 w/tax at OD. Figured that pretty much does what the touchstone does.[/QUOTE]

After reading a few posts, i want the keyboard and dock. LOL, I can't make up my mind.

Has anyone heard anything from onsale lately? I thought they were going to start shipping the orders that need shipped and cancelling the orders they aren't filling. They are really setting themselves up to be destroyed once the cancellation e-mails go out. The lack of communication from them is ridiculous. At least other places are letting people know if they are getting one or not.

[quote name='Von Ondine']Drove to a local Wal-Mart and picked up two touchstones at full price to return and get the difference back later. I can officially say that I'm done. Got 2 32GB for me and 1 16GB for my mom. If my extra OnSale orders don't get shipped, my friends will have to get their own damn touchpads.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you go to a legit. My hood ass one didn't know what that was. Urgh...

I'm debating what to do with the Touchstone. I have the keyboard and official case, but the stone is $35 and I'm debating whether or not to get this $10 screen protector on eBay that has a 60-day warranty.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']After reading a few posts, i want the keyboard and dock. LOL, I can't make up my mind.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I can't decide whether or not it's worth it because I already have the HP case/stand.

My credit status for Insight is still saying Contact Sales Rep (1), even though the order status says Processing. Anyone else's say that?​

Was watching the news here in Tampa, FL and they said HP will be having a sale today on the Touchpad and to get them quick. Hopefully they are right and aren't pulling our chain

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']
My credit status for Insight is still saying Contact Sales Rep (1), even though the order status says Processing. Anyone else's say that?​
[/QUOTE]

Not mine, but still no tracking number, though.

Nice! I had a note by the doorbell to refuse shipment from newegg. It's out for delivery today, so looks like I at least got my 16 gb. Now to wait and see if HP SMB ships the 32 gb I ordered Sunday morning (and decide which to keep, and which to gift to my sister...)

[quote name='GoingIncognito']HP TouchPad page now says "Coming Soon" instead of Out of Stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I see that to. You will have to be lightning quick to get this. There are going to be a ridiculous amount of people keeping an eye on this all day today. i wonder what time this is going to happen.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']HP TouchPad page now says "Coming Soon" instead of Out of Stock.[/QUOTE]

You're several hours late to the party. Some of us haven't even slept yet.:drool:

Checked my order status at hp sb&m, under order status it says that it's at admin. Planned delivery date says date will follow. I ordered on 8/21/2011 about 4 pm. Any chance it'll get processed?

[quote name='tilcfast']FYI Walmart has the case, Touchstone charger, and the wireless keyboard on sale at over 50% off.

I think the keyboard might be OOS though.

Here is the link to the charger, I am using my phone right now hope the link works.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Touchstone-Charging-Dock/16641540[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the case. Unfortunately, my Walmart won't match its own online price. Its $49.99 in-store, and they won't budge! And of course, its unavailable to purchase online.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Sorry, forgot the link ;)

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s..._prodexp/hhoslp/psg/lateralnav_touchpads_home

Edit: No sleep? Damn. I crashed at like 12:30. I couldn't take the strain any more :p[/QUOTE]

It didn't help that I was getting ready to give up some time after 3 but someone here said they might go back on sale at 4, so I said screw it. Of course that didn't happen, but at that point I'm wondering "Well maybe 5.... Well maybe 6...... Well maybe 7.......".

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']
[/QUOTE]

Mine said that for about 12 hours. Then it went to "Released" yesterday around 12pm CST. It was shipped yesterday and I got the tracking number today. I should have it tomorrow. :bouncy:

Edit: I just went to check what time I placed my order because i never did get an email confirmation of my order. No time stamp, sorry guys. But my status says "Credit Ok" now.

Instead of having a free for all that rewards hoarders, crashes websites, and frustrates people why don't any of these online stores introduce a raffle system so interested parties can leisurely sign up and have a chance at ordering an in demand product without the stress or hassle?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Instead of having a free for all that rewards hoarders, crashes websites, and frustrates people why don't any of these online stores introduce a raffle system so interested parties can leisurely sign up and have a chance at ordering an in demand product?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't preserve first come, first served basis. Also, thats pretty fucked, imo.

Not sure if its been said or not but officemax will be getting more in. Checked the system and we are set to get 2 more at my store next truck which is Friday. Just something to keep in mind.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Not sure if its been said or not but officemax will be getting more in. Checked the system and we are set to get 2 more at my store next truck which is Friday. Just something to keep in mind.[/QUOTE]

Friday morning? Afternoon? I have one down the road from me, would be tempting to see if I can get one last chance to get one...

bread's done
Back