HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']My HP BFG order just switched to a planned delivery date of TODAY, but there's been no shipment notice or detail with the order. It does appear progress is being made. I've already got three people looking for the two I may be getting. Yeesh.

Because that's the way our culture has deteriorated. Everyone expects someone else to provide for their every whim and desire. Remember how the passengers of the Axiom in WALL-E had turned into blobby, giant, baby-people carted around and pampered 24/7? That's where we're headed. Some are just further along the path.[/QUOTE]

I agree and it is sad. But I did love Wall-E!

[quote name='DirkBelig']Because that's the way our culture has deteriorated. Everyone expects someone else to provide for their every whim and desire. Remember how the passengers of the Axiom in WALL-E had turned into blobby, giant, baby-people carted around and pampered 24/7? That's where we're headed. Some are just further along the path.[/QUOTE]
If you combine WALL-E with the world of Idiocracy, I think you have a recipe for the future of humanity.:drool:

[quote name='blitz6speed']...The touchpad fits i'd say about 95% perfect in it, the usb port is fine, the speakers are 75% open each, the home button is fine and the camera is almost 50% exposed in it, you could use an exacto knife and make it 100%....[/QUOTE]

What Incipio did was outright wrong for advertising a case for an HP Touchpad when its clearly for an iPad 1. But if you do find a decent one priced just right, modifying it won't hurt one bit.

I'm looking for an aluminum case like this one so I can modify for the Touchpad, this one is a little too high. That aluminum case is about ~53% the cost of the Touchpad. The search continues.

[quote name='blitz6speed'] ...i already have the Stealtharmor covers front/rear on it.[/QUOTE]

How do you like that Stealtharmor stuff? Was it easy to put on? I'll probably stick with my official Hp case but was curious.

[quote name='Vader582']If you combine WALL-E with the world of Idiocracy, I think you have a recipe for the future of humanity.:drool:[/QUOTE]

I knew I liked you, Vader... Anyone that has seen Idiocracy has my respect ;) Anyone want to go to Buttfuckers for dinner? LOL

Called HP and asked them about the 6-8 week timeframe and how often we should see updates in the order status information. The rep I spoke with said that it should update right around the time of shipment and not likely before then.

He said they're building 5K of them per week and they have 60K-65K of backordered units to fulfill.

[quote name='technicalstylez']instead of whining to be spoonfed why don't you click his link and look at the pictures of the actual item? You should be able to see that there is no need for cutouts because everything is accessible.[/QUOTE]

I actually did look at the pictures but its not enough to be sure if its has access for the speaker grill and the buttons maybe, and no one is whining in here - just stating the obvious not only for myself but other people as well. Like the guy who mentioned the incipio case but then some one showed a video that it dont even fit the touchpad properly and not to mention that wrong cut outs.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Why don't you find one yourself? Why does everyone seem to think that someone else should do all the leg work for them? Where does that entitlement come from?[/QUOTE]

And what makes u think that I didnt look for it myself?
Some of you people in here are really retarded talking shit and what not, talking about people being lazy and what not.
If u only knew who I am and what kind of a work I do for a living which involves me going out of my way a lot in order to get something - you wouldnt be talking like a stupid moron.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']
If u only knew who I am and what kind of a work I do for a living which involves me going out of my way a lot in order to get something[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's an impressive job.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I actually did look at the pictures but its not enough to be sure if its has access for the speaker grill and the buttons maybe, and no one is whining in here - just stating the obvious not only for myself but other people as well. Like the guy who mentioned the incipio case but then some one showed a video that it dont even fit the touchpad properly and not to mention that wrong cut outs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Video-Gamer']And what makes u think that I didnt look for it myself?
Some of you people in here are really retarded talking shit and what not, talking about people being lazy and what not.
If u only knew who I am and what kind of a work I do for a living which involves me going out of my way a lot in order to get something - you wouldnt be talking like a stupid moron.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion Video-Gamer. When I said the case fit perfectly I fully meant that the Touchpad I ordered fit perfectly in that case....for me alone and for my 6$. Maybe that helps someone else and maybe it doesn't. If you are that worried about cases then why are you looking at cases that are not the "official touchpad case" anyway? I think that would take away any of your worries and you can focus more on your important job.

For everyone else, if it makes you feel better the same company has the same case I ordered before
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Hor...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315531707&sr=1-2
but under a new listing of "for hp touchpad" now. Same exact case as I said before but now with "for hp touchpad". Works perfectly.....again for me and my 6$. Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Hor...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315531458&sr=1-1

Umm I was at wallgreens today....they have 5 dollar ipad cases.... May work, they looked like the cases that are just for the back and they did have a built in kick stand, but heads up none the less

1. I'M the one who posted the video about how the incipio case isn't good
with an hp touchpad.

2. If you REALLY had looked at the pictures (all 8 of them), you would see
in the 8th picture that the speakers would be plenty exposed

3. What you do for a living has absolutely nothing to do with you being
too damn lazy on the internet to click a link and look at photos, and
(heaven forbid) zoom-in on said photos to see the case upclose

that being said, if .99 + 4.99 shipping is too risky of an investment for you to make based on the case's provided pictures, then perhaps it's you that is the "stupid moron" and you should find a new line of work.. :whistle2:s

ps thanks slamoco for the link. ordered one after looking at the pics and figuring out how it'd fit the touchpad.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I actually did look at the pictures but its not enough to be sure if its has access for the speaker grill and the buttons maybe, and no one is whining in here - just stating the obvious not only for myself but other people as well. Like the guy who mentioned the incipio case but then some one showed a video that it dont even fit the touchpad properly and not to mention that wrong cut outs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']1. I'M the one who posted the video about how the incipio case isn't good
with an hp touchpad.

2. If you REALLY had looked at the pictures (all 8 of them), you would see
in the 8th picture that the speakers would be plenty exposed

3. What you do for a living has absolutely nothing to do with you being
too damn lazy on the internet to click a link and look at photos, and
(heaven forbid) zoom-in on said photos to see the case upclose

that being said, if .99 + 4.99 shipping is too risky of an investment for you to make based on the case's provided pictures, then perhaps it's you that is the "stupid moron" and you should find a new line of work.. :whistle2:s

ps thanks slamoco for the link. ordered one after looking at the pics and figuring out how it'd fit the touchpad.[/QUOTE]

I did zoom in and looked at the pictures - and are u retarted or what??? Why would I even reply back and ask if that case actually will fit without looking the pics first??? FOH
Bunch of fuking dumb motherfukers in here I swear. Like stating the obvious to some one thinking that that person didnt actually did the obvious{look at the pics}.
And since u speaking about being lazy - you are the lazy retard who posted that link of the Incipio case encouraging people to buy that case right where where really you should have went on youtube and did some research before posting that shitty case.

[quote name='slamoco']Sorry for the confusion Video-Gamer. When I said the case fit perfectly I fully meant that the Touchpad I ordered fit perfectly in that case....for me alone and for my 6$. Maybe that helps someone else and maybe it doesn't. If you are that worried about cases then why are you looking at cases that are not the "official touchpad case" anyway? I think that would take away any of your worries and you can focus more on your important job.

For everyone else, if it makes you feel better the same company has the same case I ordered before
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Hor...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315531707&sr=1-2
but under a new listing of "for hp touchpad" now. Same exact case as I said before but now with "for hp touchpad". Works perfectly.....again for me and my 6$. Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Hor...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315531458&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

U bet ur ass I will focus more on my job - a job that most people in here would be wishing to have yet talk $hit all the time about other people's job. Very Mature audience in here I see.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']U bet ur ass I will focus more on my job - a job that most people in here would be wishing to have yet talk $hit all the time about other people's job. Very Mature audience in here I see.[/QUOTE]

Job? What does that have to do with this???

[quote name='Video-Gamer']U bet ur ass I will focus more on my job - a job that most people in here would be wishing to have yet talk $hit all the time about other people's job. Very Mature audience in here I see.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume that the job you speak of doesn't involve proper spelling, or a cool head. Also if you are not a fan of this community, why get involved?

[quote name='shrike4242']He said they're building 5K of them per week and they have 60K-65K of backordered units to fulfill.[/QUOTE]
Good lord, those numbers don't look good.:cry:

[quote name='Vader582']Good lord, those numbers don't look good.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I hope that is all orders, not just the orders that came through HP and HP small business.

[quote name='shrike4242']Called HP and asked them about the 6-8 week timeframe and how often we should see updates in the order status information. The rep I spoke with said that it should update right around the time of shipment and not likely before then.

He said they're building 5K of them per week and they have 60K-65K of backordered units to fulfill.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the news Shrike. I'm on the 6-8 week list and this at least sheds some light on what's going on.

For me, one status page still shows ship date of 8/22/11 and a delivery date of 8/22/11. The other status page shows "date will follow" each evening, and in the morning switch to the current date for delivery and two days prior for ship date. :roll:

~KC

[quote name='erequena']SCUMMVM games on the touchpad :)[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ. How did I ever convince myself I should have NOT gotten one of these?

[quote name='Keyboard Cowboy']Thanks for the news Shrike. I'm on the 6-8 week list and this at least sheds some light on what's going on.

For me, one status page still shows ship date of 8/22/11 and a delivery date of 8/22/11. The other status page shows "date will follow" each evening, and in the morning switch to the current date for delivery and two days prior for ship date. :roll:

~KC[/QUOTE]The rep I spoke with seemed pretty clued-in on what's going on, and it sounds like they will be shipping finished units as they can, though as they're being built over in China (I know, shocking :shock: ), it'll take some time before they make it over here.

He did say that all of the orders that had backordered before the 08/22, 4AM CT date will be fulfilled with a unit. Obviously as people decide to cancel their orders from finding them elsewhere, that 6-8 week timeframe might slip a bit, though he said that update information on the order status doesn't seem likely to be changing until right before shipment.

I'm going to give it a few weeks and if I don't get a shipment email from HP in the meantime, I'll check on it again at the end of the month or the beginning of next month. I'm not in a hurry for one, so I can wait it out from HP.

[quote name='shrike4242']The rep I spoke with seemed pretty clued-in on what's going on, and it sounds like they will be shipping finished units as they can, though as they're being built over in China (I know, shocking :shock: ), it'll take some time before they make it over here.

He did say that all of the orders that had backordered before the 08/22, 4AM CT date will be fulfilled with a unit. Obviously as people decide to cancel their orders from finding them elsewhere, that 6-8 week timeframe might slip a bit, though he said that update information on the order status doesn't seem likely to be changing until right before shipment.

I'm going to give it a few weeks and if I don't get a shipment email from HP in the meantime, I'll check on it again at the end of the month or the beginning of next month. I'm not in a hurry for one, so I can wait it out from HP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update! I can be very patient for this because even if it takes 6-8 weeks, it's still a great deal. And my mother-in-law should be able to get hers now as well, so she'll be happy.

[quote name='chrisflyer']Bundles in stock at TigerDirect. Had a 16 GB in my cart, but passed since I don't really want the other accessories and don't want to pay an extra $100 for them.

16 GB: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...TT&cm_mmc=email-_-Main-_-WEM2817-_-tigeremail

32 GB: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...TT&cm_mmc=email-_-Main-_-WEM2817-_-tigeremail

HP TOUCHPAD 16gb BUNDLE Includes...

- 16 gigabyte HP TouchPad

- The HP Touchstone Charging Dock

- HP TouchPad Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard

This is a $500 Value for just $199.99. You save $300! But hurry! We have a very small amount of these 16 gb TouchPad Bundles in stock.

HP TOUCHPAD 32gb BUNDLE Includes...

- 32 gigabyte HP TouchPad

- The HP Touchstone Charging Dock

- HP TouchPad Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard

This is a $600 Value for just $249.99. You save $350! Again, you'll need to hurry to get yours before it sells out.[/QUOTE]

"THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE"

Both bundles have already sold out at Tiger Direct.

Both are already sold out. When I got the e-mail the 32 was already sold out.

It's not too bad because I wanted the keyboard, but could have done without the charging station.

Either way keep posting cheap case deals. I don't have one yet! lol

[quote name='jdpace2']"THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE"

Both bundles have already sold out at Tiger Direct.[/QUOTE]

They did the old Gamestop trick of selling something everyone wants in a bundle.

Thanks chrisflyer !!!! I may have actually got one for the GF finally. She didn't want a keyboard, but I had been thinking about it so I figured I'd toss $50 in. I talked her into "needing" a charging dock after I placed the order and I told her I'd give her one of my spare matte screen covers.

I received two emails from google checkout - one containing my order receipt, the next containing an actual order number from TigerDirect! Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled so I can finally stop monitoring twitter all day.

ETA: is the official HP case the only one that works with the touchstone? I remember reading someone's post here that had an off-brand one that still worked, but cannot find it in this huge thread. :(

[quote name='glennfrank']Thanks chrisflyer !!!! I may have actually got one for the GF finally. She didn't want a keyboard, but I had been thinking about it so I figured I'd toss $50 in. I talked her into "needing" a charging dock after I placed the order and I told her I'd give her one of my spare matte screen covers.

I received two emails from google checkout - one containing my order receipt, the next containing an actual order number from TigerDirect! Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled so I can finally stop monitoring twitter all day.

ETA: is the official HP case the only one that works with the touchstone? I remember reading someone's post here that had an off-brand one that still worked, but cannot find it in this huge thread. :([/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubbles but more than likely it's cancelled. I used google checkout as well and even got order number. But when I called they said it takes 20 minutes to download data from google. And CS told me that orders were already fulfilled and that my orders were likely going to be cancelled.

Lesson learned. Next time use TigerDirect's own ordering system.

Thank you for subscribing to get special alerts on the highly allocated HP TouchPads.

Within the last hour, we sent an email alerting to a batch of inventory we received of HP TouchPad Bundles. They SOLD OUT in mere minutes.

We are working on getting more. As promised, every time we get more, we will alert you first. As you can see, these are available on a first come, first served basis, so you have to act fast when we send out these inventory alerts.

To repeat, we have SOLD OUT of both the 16gb and 32gb versions of the HP TouchPad bundles. As soon as we get more, we will send you an email alert.

Thanks again!

Tiger Direct will probably now add more crap to there bundle since they now know everyone will buy all the extra stuff, they included.

[quote name='testaroo']Sorry to burst your bubbles but more than likely it's cancelled. I used google checkout as well and even got order number. But when I called they said it takes 20 minutes to download data from google. And CS told me that orders were already fulfilled and that my orders were likely going to be cancelled.

Lesson learned. Next time use TigerDirect's own ordering system.[/QUOTE]

Doh! :cold:

ETA: Aaaaaand testaroo was right... Dammit.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
Dear XXXXX
Thank you for subscribing to get special alerts on the highly allocated HP TouchPads and for attempting to place your order. Unfortunately they sold out within minutes from us sending the earlier email about a batch of inventory we received.

Since you attempted to place your order online, you might receive an order confirmation, however we do not actually have an order pending for you. Becasue of the quick sell out and the depletion of inventory your order was not completely processed.

As you know these are available on a first come, first served basis. As promised, every time we get more, we will alert you first.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your business.

Regards,

TigerDirect.com Customer Care

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Both are already sold out. When I got the e-mail the 32 was already sold out.

It's not too bad because I wanted the keyboard, but could have done without the charging station.

Either way keep posting cheap case deals. I don't have one yet! lol[/QUOTE]
The Touchstone is actually pretty slick. I wasn't going to pick one up at first but I ran across one the same day I snagged my TP and bought it with the thought I could return it later. Being able to just set the TP on the dock and walk away is a nice feature imo.

I agree with Vader582. At first I was not going to get the Touchstone, but it works great as a dock/charging station.

Anyone have experience with ReAuthored.com cases? They carve out a spot in the middle of a book for a tablet, and I have to admit I'm intrigued. I like the idea of carrying around a book instead of a neoprene/rubber/plastic thing, as well as the DIY-ness of it. You're also less likely to have a "book" stolen than something in a normal tablet carrying case.

However, I'm concerned about the usability and durability of the book/case, as well as how much protection this will actually offer the Touchpad if it's dropped or something is spilled on it. These are handmade and they say they will custom fit it to whatever, so I'm thinking of maybe getting a very small protective cover to put on the Touchpad as well and having them fit it to whatever dimensions it ends up being. Any thoughts, or suggestions for an additional case to use with this?

http://www.reauthored.com/collections/related/products/hp-touchpad-case

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Fark I missed it. I got the email alert from TD now both version are oos.[/QUOTE]
Looks like you didn't miss much. There are reports of mass cancellation emails going out.

The QVC link has been posted on SD since about 3PM CT. Let's hope you aren't denied because that cloud of locusts landed at QVC and picked it clean.

bread's done
Back