HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yuanhongsung']yea. i ordered on the 21st too. so u should get ur soon. they did sent me a email to say that they will try to send out all the order by the 31st. so good luck!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Os Money']same here with the emails, basically saying at end of the month[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't get an e-mail about orders being sent by the end of the month, so maybe mine is cancelled.

Hey all:

Just an update that it seems like timing on the order doesn't have much bearing on when it gets filled: I ordered mine literally minutes before the 4:00 AM cutoff time on from the SMB site and mine was delivered last week.

Good luck to those still waiting.

[quote name='sizzlorr']Hey all:

Just an update that it seems like timing on the order doesn't have much bearing on when it gets filled: I ordered mine literally minutes before the 4:00 AM cutoff time on from the SMB site and mine was delivered last week.

Good luck to those still waiting.
[/QUOTE]

16 or 32 gig? I've been looking around and it seems like orders of just 16's are being shipped relatively quickly while the 32's are left hanging

I guess everyone's Touchpad from the firesale arrived today. I just saw like five listings in the DC-Metro area on Craigslist for Touchpads go up, predictably at $100 above what they paid for it.

[quote name='Aganar']I guess everyone's Touchpad from the firesale arrived today. I just saw like five listings in the DC-Metro area on Craigslist for Touchpads go up, predictably at $100 above what they paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Still haven't gotten my HP order. Though technically it has another 10 days left before It's in the 8 week range. I just keep seeing temp credit authorizations come and go every 2ish weeks. I ordered like 2am eastern that Monday, I think. I forget now since It's been so long.

i also have not gotten mine as of yet. got the email last friday that it should ship in the next two weeks. this is week one. i hope it arrives before nov, i am going to AC the first week and i would rather carry this along than a laptop

So on my order status on HP SMB when I go to "line item detail" there is no longer a 1 under "QTY B/O" and there is now a 1 under "QTY Alloc." So I guess that means it should be shipping soon. I hope that's what it means at least, lol.

[quote name='pjb16']So on my order status on HP SMB when I go to "line item detail" there is no longer a 1 under "QTY B/O" and there is now a 1 under "QTY Alloc." So I guess that means it should be shipping soon. I hope that's what it means at least, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You should be good. That's what happened to my status once they shipped it. :applause:

[quote name='ryushe']Finally got my shipping info from HP SMB. Should be here by Wednesday... hopefully.[/QUOTE]

It'll be worth the wait. I promise you. I'm not sure if you're planning to put on Android on there, but WebOs is just fine. I already have an Evo 4G so I have all of the apps I need on there.

[quote name='gera2396']Finally the wait is over, mine ships tomorrow. I should get it Friday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Looks like my HP order finally shipped almost two months later. At least HP came through with their backorders.[/QUOTE]

When did you order?

really wish i could have gotten a chance to get with this deal. trying to find a tablet and this seems nice. what are the chances of it happening again?

[quote name='iTofuMan']really wish i could have gotten a chance to get with this deal. trying to find a tablet and this seems nice. what are the chances of it happening again?[/QUOTE]
Probably zero.

[quote name='YouGonnaEatThat']Yeah, me too. I still haven't gotten any shipping information.[/QUOTE]Check the order status page for any updates, if not you still have until the end of the month to get it delivered.

[quote name='kube00']I think I asked this before but where can I find a cheap decent case? Both ones I ordered from Amazon were canceled[/QUOTE]

I'm still using the $5 Griffin Folio from Verizon. My fiance sold her touchpad, so I think I still have an extra brand new Griffin Folio. I bought it for hers and she never even opened it.

Quick!!! Not sure about the clipboard app, sometimes I copy and paste weird stuff.

WordBook English Dictionary & Thesaurus
Define. WordBook is a comprehensive, quick and intuitive dictionary and thesaurus of the English language.
Promo code: nbmpx52921wolru

The World Factbook
Study. The World Factbook provides extensive information on more than 250 countries and locations throughout the world.
Promo code: jymjv89346yqyue

Clipboard for webOS
Copy. With Clipboard, every text you copy is stored in a 'clipboard' for you to access later on.
Promo code: zzfbt09312lvvys

WritePad
Paste. Write your documents, notes, memos, status updates and more with the option to save them for later.
Promo code: oomwm33883fksre

[quote name='Vader582']Unfortunately The World Factbook and WordBook English Dictionary & Thesaurus codes have reached their limits.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. It sucks that they went so fast. But in a way, it makes me feel better knowing that I didn't miss my shot at getting them because I was too slow punching in the codes. I didn't just miss them by a matter of seconds, I missed them by at least an hour & a half.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for posting that. It sucks that they went so fast. But in a way, it makes me feel better knowing that I didn't miss my shot at getting them because I was too slow punching in the codes. I didn't just miss them by a matter of seconds, I missed them by at least an hour & a half.[/QUOTE]
Not a problem. Those 2 apps were gone within the first 20 minutes. I missed them both myself.

Received my Pad from HP SMB earlier today and I love it so much. I was contemplating whether or not I should install Android on it, but I have to say, WebOS is very nice and has a lot of features I vastly prefer over Android's OS.

I might end up installing it in the future if I ever get bored of WebOS, but as it stands now, this OS is perfect for what I want. Oh, and it has a great comic app which pretty much sold me on keeping WebOS.

Deal of the year hands down! Thanks everyone for their help :)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Quick!!! Not sure about the clipboard app, sometimes I copy and paste weird stuff.

WordBook English Dictionary & Thesaurus
Define. WordBook is a comprehensive, quick and intuitive dictionary and thesaurus of the English language.
Promo code: nbmpx52921wolru

The World Factbook
Study. The World Factbook provides extensive information on more than 250 countries and locations throughout the world.
Promo code: jymjv89346yqyue

Clipboard for webOS
Copy. With Clipboard, every text you copy is stored in a 'clipboard' for you to access later on.
Promo code: zzfbt09312lvvys

WritePad
Paste. Write your documents, notes, memos, status updates and more with the option to save them for later.
Promo code: oomwm33883fksre[/QUOTE]

I missed these apps... Oh well...

[quote name='fabricati diem']I'm in desperate need of a tablet for the field as a photojournalist... are any of these deals still active?[/QUOTE]

People like us weren't ever destined to get one :cry:

[quote name='cochesecochese']What was the script/program people were using to check when the touchpad was in stock at Amazon? checkchange or something?[/QUOTE]

firefox w/ the check 4 change addon

The 3 touch pads I ordered for my wife, mom, and myself just shipped today. My order went through on 8/24. Thank you shopping cart glitch! They originally sent me an email saying they were canceled, that SMB wouldn't be getting them anymore. Guess they changed their mind. :applause:

[quote name='JungleRot']Okay I'll do that. I wanted to see if anyone else had problems or it was just me.

Thanks for answering.. :)[/QUOTE]

Anytime man. I work with the computers so I know a little bit about them, lol. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Anytime man. I work with the Geek Squad so I know a little bit about computers, lol. ;)[/QUOTE]You might want to rethink that statement. ;)

It is kind of frustrating that many people who ordered after me from SMB have already received theirs while my single 32gb touchpad has yet to ship. I ordered around 1:00 PM EST on 8/21 and received another 2 weeks email today.

[quote name='UNC5052']It is kind of frustrating that many people who ordered after me from SMB have already received theirs while my single 32gb touchpad has yet to ship. I ordered around 1:00 PM EST on 8/21 and received another 2 weeks email today.[/QUOTE]

I feel your frustation, however

8/21 ~5pm order time for 2x32gb

shipping notice recieved ~6pm today, both going to co-workers, their happy that they're finally coming

[quote name='UNC5052']It is kind of frustrating that many people who ordered after me from SMB have already received theirs while my single 32gb touchpad has yet to ship. I ordered around 1:00 PM EST on 8/21 and received another 2 weeks email today.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. My order situation is the exact same as yours. But hey, you're still alive without it........and who knows what other apps and hacks will be available once you (we) get it

Opened up my touchpad today, and while I've yet to do anything to optimize it it has met or exceeded all my expectations. I hope to get into it more this weekend and see what else I can do.

Weird. I got an email from HP that they were sending me a replacement for the one stolen off my porch. I promptly got on the horn with them to change the shipping address to someplace with better odds of not getting ganked at. Would've sent it to my work if I wasn't going on vacation next week.

i just got mine yesterday! finally! updated it to latest firmware....does anyone know if the o.c. works with it? also wheres the best guide to do it? can anyone list some of the "must have" apps

many thanks

bread's done
Back