HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']Sure, there are hoarders and nasties on both sides but SD seems to have a higher ratio of people out to make a profit. Perhaps they are just more vocal about trying to rip others off there?

IMHO, anything over 5 tags you as a hoarder/reseller.[/QUOTE]

I think the poll is funny since a lot of people take those figures as Device in Hand answers, but I wonder how many just said how many attempts they put in?

I personally ordered 4 and this could go any number of ways in the end...

1 from HP SMB, but this was during the "glitch" and im still "processing" so that could easily end in canceled.
2 from Bestbuy, but they're checking stock... so that could end up canceled too.
Finally 1 from Amazon under onSALE but I was late to the game. Not because I didnt see it (cause I passed it onto my boss prior to ordering), but I wasn't sure if I PERSONALLY wanted one. The others were for my boss/mom/dad.

Now just because I ordered 4 doesnt mean shit as I could VERY EASILY end the day with zero. I wouldnt be shocked if many people were in the same "better safe than sorry" boat.

---

as far as flippers on here/SD... SD usually gets you respect for fucking people over. A prime example of 1 guy getting 1,000 (or so they claimed) from the Red Cross site for doing nothing but exploiting. Many people wished they were as quick as them/did as well/could get anything from it. However on CAG exploiting the site for 20 could easily get you 10+ posts requesting you get banned.

[quote name='DigitalD562']Has anyone gotten their confirmation email from Office Depot yet?[/QUOTE]

My Office Depot order hasn't changed status since the initial order on Friday.

I've ordered 3, one for myself and I want an extra for my brother's Christmas gift. I have one on the way already (Amazon lightning deals) and am hoping at least one of the other two I ordered gets shipped (Office Depot & BN). If they both do, I have a long list of friends who have requested one, if neither does, I at least got one for myself and as a teacher, this will come in very handy.

[quote name='Vader582']Good call... probably making it a Wiki at this point would be best.
Perhaps you can add the info about your tape measure?:shock::lol:[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Wiki this thread or the useful information will become, almost, useless.

LOL @ The tape measure. Either you've been following this thread or you read a lot! Send pics for furthur review!!!!:)

[quote name='DirkBelig']Speculation as to why Amazon didn't cut prices: http://gizmodo.com/5833140/why-wont-amazon-join-the-touchpad-fire-sale

tl;dr version: They have their own Android tablet about to come out and selling a ton of cheap tablets to the very people they'd want to buy an "Androzon" tablet shortly would be stupid.[/QUOTE]

They DID cut them, for a sec or whatever. I have 1 that's on the way from Amazon through "Amazon", not third party. It was $110.06 because I opted for faster shipping.

[quote name='tomden02']If everyone stopped buying them on eBay for 300.00 people wouldn't be flipping them...just a thought[/QUOTE]

Exactly, LMFAO!

And, I don't get why these people are always YAPPINGGG ABOUT FLIPPERS!!!!!!! Get your azzes to the party ahead of time!!!!!!!! The early bird catches the worm!!!! These people could be flipping for a living! More POWER to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='killer9']Why do people find the need to go to sd theres no need for it cag is all you need[/QUOTE]

Because if they can't complain about NOTHING, they will incinerate.

[quote name='aus_nacht']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbjpOU_CXo[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!:lol:

just tried calling B&N and couldn't even get through, they just said "please try your call again later"... I am guessing everyone with the "unable to process" message is just out of luck. Oh well.

I just had a realization. Maybe our supplier at Ingram has these for the discounted price. Might be able to get a few for CAGs. Checking with my purchasing department right now. Will wait to here back from them.

Ordered through B&N last night at 1:46 AM EST

Payed with Paypal, received confirmation email.

Never received the shipping email, but did check the order status and it changed from "In Process" to "Expected Ship Date: August 24, 2011"

I'm not holding my breath, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

[quote name='JP']I just had a realization. Maybe our supplier at Ingram has these for the discounted price. Might be able to get a few for CAGs. Checking with my purchasing department right now. Will wait to here back from them.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested too.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
And, I don't get why these people are always YAPPINGGG ABOUT FLIPPERS!!!!!!! Get your azzes to the party ahead of time!!!!!!!! The early bird catches the worm!!!! These people could be flipping for a living! More POWER to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

fuck em.

[quote name='admiralvic']Now just because I ordered 4 doesnt mean shit as I could VERY EASILY end the day with zero. I wouldnt be shocked if many people were in the same "better safe than sorry" boat.

---

as far as flippers on here/SD... SD usually gets you respect for fucking people over. A prime example of 1 guy getting 1,000 (or so they claimed) from the Red Cross site for doing nothing but exploiting. Many people wished they were as quick as them/did as well/could get anything from it. However on CAG exploiting the site for 20 could easily get you 10+ posts requesting you get banned.[/QUOTE]
True. Hedging ones bets in this instance is probably a good idea since the deal is extraordinary.

And you hit the nail on the head concerning SD vs CAG. The majority mentality is definitely different on both sites.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']EXACTLY what I was thinking. Wiki this thread or the useful information will become, almost, useless.

LOL @ The tape measure. Either you've been following this thread or you read a lot! Send pics for furthur review!!!!:)[/QUOTE]
The info will def. get buried.

I've been following this thread since Friday night. It's been quite entertaining!:lol:

That pic is in the mail! ;)

Here's an anomaly to keep track of:
:whistle2:#
And another:
:hot:

Friendly reminder that there more trolls over at SD then in CAG
Dont take any seriously over there :)

pic related
the only good king of trolling :3
youbetrollin.gif

Okay guys, after getting a message back from my purchasing department, the prices have been lowered but they currently have no stock. Not expecting a refresh either. They had already sent back 90% of their stock of the devices before HP decided to slash the prices. A couple big corporations went through and wiped out the stock in no time once the price dropped. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up.

[quote name='kevgret']Just got another ship confirmation from amazon.. so both of my amazon orders are officially on it's way...

now to get two cheap cases...[/QUOTE]

The greatest thing about amazon is that 99.99% of the time, if you get your order in and it's on you Orders page, you're good to go. There's no chance my amazon order won't show up.

[quote name='kevgret']Just got another ship confirmation from amazon.. so both of my amazon orders are officially on it's way...

now to get two cheap cases...[/QUOTE]

Did you go through onSale on Amazon?

WTF? My first BN order which I was sent a Schedule to Ship email is now cancelled on the website (ordered at 12:38 am). My other order is still open (1:10 am) but if the earlier one was cancelled there is no way in hell it is going through. They never even sent me an email to say it was cancelled. BS.

Edit: And of course my CC still has the pending charges for it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']WTF? My first BN order which I was sent a Schedule to Ship email is now cancelled on the website (ordered at 12:38 am). My other order is still open (1:10 am) but if the earlier one was cancelled there is no way in hell it is going through. They never even sent me an email to say it was cancelled. BS.

Edit: And of course my CC still has the pending charges for it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and don't bother emailing the Dan guy on twitter because you'll only receive a very generic email back telling you that it is out of stock and that you won't be charged.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Could I get some more feedback on people who already got one? Want to see some more impressions about it.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoy mine as I keep thinking of things to use it for. Any specific questions you want answered?

I have the 32 GB version and many of the apps are well under 50 MB. The Kindle app, Box.net app, and Angry Birds are around 50 MBs each. The others are much smaller. I have installed the NPR app, some jazz and blue streaming app, a Japanese text input/keyboard app, Angry Birds, Amazon Kindle app, USA Today, Box.net app, and maybe one or two others installed. I have 29.4 GB of free space, so those getting the 16 GB should be fine unless your loading entire collections of MP3s and videos on your device. But do remember you get 50 GB of cloud storage through Box.net at least as of this morning when I signed up.

The device is reality easy to use as I have never owned a touch based device outside an old PDA and Nintendo DS/DS Lite. It runs multiple applications fairly easy as I had maybe 12+ apps running at once as I was not sure how to close them. The speed at which the device loads websites is on par more or less with my laptop.

The only issue I really have with the device is that it is finger print prone like the fat PS3, but once I put it in a case I don't think it would be much of an issue. Also, the device is a little slow when loading some applications or maybe I am just impatient and am doing these gestures incorrectly. I do wish there were some more customizable options like the quick application selection on the bottom and various settings like turning the screen off at a user defined time instead of the 1, 2, 5, 10 minute intervals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']Yes, and don't bother emailing the Dan guy on twitter because you'll only receive a very generic email back telling you that it is out of stock and that you won't be charged.[/QUOTE]

Did ANYONE get one from B&N or did they sell like 20,000 of them and had like 100? I bet that is what happened. If you cannot keep a live inventory you should just wait till you can keep track...it gets you nothing but bad word of mouth.

Someone posted this at the eggxpert forums regarding NewEgg price dropping a few days ago.

Hi, when I tried to buy HP Touchpad 16GB version online at NewEgg.com, it was still listed with old price of 399$. When I contacted their customer service, here's what was their response;

Dear Amir,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have not received the official announcement that we will drop the price to $99. All Newegg pricing is determined collectively by our Marketing and Purchasing Departments. Generally our prices meet or beat the current market value. As a result, if the manufacturer and/or our competitors lower their prices, it is likely that we will follow suit in order to remain competitive (we do not price match, however). Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with more specific information at this time. Industry prices fluctuate so often and, in accordance with evolving technologies and the nature of supply and demand, it is near impossible to accurately forecast future pricing. Nevertheless, it has always been our priority to offer the greatest value for your dollar. Anytime we receive any specials or promotions such as rebates, free shipping or quantity discounts, we immediately post them on our website for you to take full advantage of.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Kelly Li

Link

[quote name='cRodz']she was cute back then
i..fell in love :cry:[/QUOTE]

Some days I'm glad I'm not cool enough to understand all the internet stuff. Cause that girl might be cute but she looks stupid and annoying.

___

@gamer yeah, their purchasing guy is probably on the phone with HP all morning trying to get the deal done so they can sell it. I expect they'll go on sale there today.

[quote name='moojuice']Weird, my B&N order from last night got cancelled. Got the original confirmation, then a "Your Order is Scheduled to Ship" e-mail with a ship date of the 22nd (Today) maybe 20 minutes later. Woke up this morning, and my order is canceled.[/QUOTE]

Damn...that sucks. My favorite thing about this price drop is how it has caused almost every retailer's stock indicator to completely fail. I can understand being overwhelmed with orders, but it seems like some places had listings "in stock" when they didn't have any at all. Even the ones who updated their prices to reflect the drop...how could they possibly not know how many they have to sell?

It's hilarious seeing people in this thread not know if they're getting 0 touchpads or 10 touchpads. Aside from the very few Amazon lightning deal orders, it's like every single order from every single site on the entire internet is questionable. Just makes you wonder, if everybody's orders are getting cancelled, where are all these touchpads? Maybe on a truck being transferred back to HP?

Just imagine if this was an HP scheme to get these in a lot of people's hands quick.and then start supporting it again to Try to shift some market share away from apple..hmm makes you wonder????

My BN order went from unable to process to cannot be removed. I used paypal. I didn't get a chance to call yet now I wonder wth is up. Ordered one 16 gb.

[quote name='tomden02']Just imagine if this was an HP scheme to get these in a lot of people's hands quick.and then start supporting it again to Try to shift some market share away from apple..hmm makes you wonder????[/QUOTE]

no. Once you establish the price point at around $100, nobody is gonna pay the premium you need to make the devices.

If you charge $100 and it costs $300 to make, you'd have to $200+ worth of apps to break even. And that's gonna be rare.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm not defending slick deals, but I can see why people would buy as many as three if they had the chance. For example one for self, one for significant other, and one for parent/brother, etc. I think it's a bit presumptive to think that just because people buy multiples that they intend to flip them.[/QUOTE]

I bought two of them, one for me and one for my GF. I almost bought a third for my daughter, but I let the next person in line have it.

the problem is with the people who are buying 5+. Sure, a few may be buying for family, but judging by eBay and Craigslist, the majority are not.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Someone posted this at the eggxpert forums regarding NewEgg price dropping a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Like I and a few others have predicted earlier in this thread expect to see Newegg run these in their Shell Shocker daily specials in the near future.

NewEgg seems like a great store on the surface, but are actually HORRIBLE about returns, refunds, customer service, and just about everything else. Go with Amazon unless the purchase is a no brainer, not breakable, and at the right price. Even then, prepare for BS like cancellations with notice, etc.

DO NOT buy this full price at NewEgg and expect a price reduction. You will be SCREWED.

[quote name='confoosious']no. Once you establish the price point at around $100, nobody is gonna pay the premium you need to make the devices.

If you charge $100 and it costs $300 to make, you'd have to $200+ worth of apps to break even. And that's gonna be rare.[/QUOTE]

Not true. His idea is valid.

Obviously the point of dropping the price of these devices wouldn't be to make a profit on a device to device basis. It would be so people are made aware of HPs webOS in order to gain market share for their future devices and to get app developer support. They would need to change their price tag back to the original after a while, but for now this is a very valid strategy.

With that being said, I don't think that's the purpose of this. I really do think they are just abandoning ship.

As far as cheap cases, I'm going to try five below. They usually have cheap chinese knock-off cases, and as I've figured out, the iPad sleeves work for the touchpad.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn...that sucks. My favorite thing about this price drop is how it has caused almost every retailer's stock indicator to completely fail. I can understand being overwhelmed with orders, but it seems like some places had listings "in stock" when they didn't have any at all. Even the ones who updated their prices to reflect the drop...how could they possibly not know how many they have to sell?

It's hilarious seeing people in this thread not know if they're getting 0 touchpads or 10 touchpads. Aside from the very few Amazon lightning deal orders, it's like every single order from every single site on the entire internet is questionable. Just makes you wonder, if everybody's orders are getting cancelled, where are all these touchpads? Maybe on a truck being transferred back to HP?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with B&N, I mean c'mon, it's a very MAJOR retailer, and they couldn't even get it right.

I wonder if the reports of the number of Touchpads sold over the weeked are of ACTUAL touchpads or orders which are bound to be canceled.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's hilarious seeing people in this thread not know if they're getting 0 touchpads or 10 touchpads. Aside from the very few Amazon lightning deal orders, it's like every single order from every single site on the entire internet is questionable. Just makes you wonder, if everybody's orders are getting cancelled, where are all these touchpads? Maybe on a truck being transferred back to HP?[/QUOTE]Who do I have to kill to get someone to take my money?!? Seriously, HP/Office Depot/OnSale/Kmart, just charge my card and send me something! Or cancel it. Something other than nothing updated.

[quote name='Dkellar']It runs multiple applications fairly easy as I had maybe 12+ apps running at once as I was not sure how to close them.[/QUOTE]In case you didn't figure it out, you close apps by tossing the minimized cards off the top of the screen. When my fellow Pre users switched to Android (usually EVO 4Gs), the top "getting used to this new thing" comments were trying to use gestures and missing closing apps by tossing the cards.

There is a link from HP saying that orders from them which are not cancelled will be fulfilled once they get some stock or something like that

wish i could find it

[quote name='sp00ge']I bought two of them, one for me and one for my GF. I almost bought a third for my daughter, but I let the next person in line have it.

the problem is with the people who are buying 5+. Sure, a few may be buying for family, but judging by eBay and Craigslist, the majority are not.[/QUOTE]

I bought one for myself and made my brother and sister order theirs. I wanted to get one for my parents and my 11 year old brother but I think I am going to wait it out and hope this fucking chaos goes down. I feel a little weird ordering more than one when I see so many people struggling to get one and all these assholes are hoarding them. It fucking sucks being considerate...

[quote name='BackInBlack']My BN order went from unable to process to cannot be removed. I used paypal. I didn't get a chance to call yet now I wonder wth is up. Ordered one 16 gb.[/QUOTE]

If you look at your original order email, it says when your order says "cannot be removed" means it's getting ready to ship. Mine says the same thing but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Darknuke']Not true. His idea is valid.

Obviously the point of dropping the price of these devices wouldn't be to make a profit on a device to device basis. It would be so people are made aware of HPs webOS in order to gain market share for their future devices and to get app developer support. They would need to change their price tag back to the original after a while, but for now this is a very valid strategy.

With that being said, I don't think that's the purpose of this. I really do think they are just abandoning ship.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna get into an argument with you about this but selling the tablet at a 200 loss on MANUFACTURING to gain support for an OS is the height of idiocracy. If they were going that route, they'd take a little bit of a loss, but they wouldn't take this much of a loss. And they certainly wouldn't say they were getting out of the business and then say OOPS, we changed our minds!

Consoles take losses because games are $60 each. Apps are $1.

The tinfoil hat suggestions that they did this on purpose are ridiculous.

bread's done
Back