HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Haven't gotten an email, but my card still is showing a pending charge and my item on my order status it says "item being processed".[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, your order does go thru as it would give me hope that my order will get processed:).

Really don't feel like trying to hunt this down tomorrow. Oh well, just go with the flow and see what happens.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bestbuy didn't want to cooperate since they just went thru a similar pricematch situation with the 3DS. Top brass was like "Hell No":lol:

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Woah I just checked that thread. Ppl are going seriously going nuts there. Also, isn't this a waste even for $100. I mean it'll be great for the first few months but with so few apps I can easily see people not finding much use for this a few months down the line. Heck I'm slightly bored of my Ipad 2 after just 4-5 months and the Ipad has so many apps.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Someone will end up finding a way to root this and put an AndroidOS on it. For around a $100 it is still a steal as an ereader, web browser, media player, almar clock etc.

I wouldn't buy with the intent of reselling. You may make $100 or so but you have to remember their is a 45 return policy on eBay wether you like it or not (called the buyer protection policy) and i would imagine this is a high fraud item.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Can these devices play cbr/pdf files? Primarily want this so I can read comics with it[/QUOTE]

That's what I want it for, too. There's an app called Comic Shelf HD that displays those files on WebOS. :D

[quote name='rbarba4']
Wouldn't surprise me if Bestbuy didn't want to cooperate since they just went thru a similar pricematch situation with the 3DS. Top brass was like "Hell No":lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm going to office depot just in case... Don't want to risk going to BB first then having all the other places sell out after finding out BB doesn't want to price drop

No one online has dropped the price that I can see. I've got HP, Office Depot, Staples, and Amazon open in tabs with 16-giggers in the carts, but they're all still original price.

[quote name='DirkBelig']No one online has dropped the price that I can see. I've got HP, Office Depot, Staples, and Amazon open in tabs with 16-giggers in the carts, but they're all still original price.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to follow suit after I finish watching this informative review. Here

[quote name='DudeImGodly']SlickDeals DISCOVERED this. stop bitching. most people bought 1-3
Besides the 2727 code is supposed to be used by the Army.
Your moral grey area contradicts itself.

IF you're gonna blame anyone blame gizmodo/engadget THEY linked everyone too it.
SD doesn't even have it as a frontpage deal.[/QUOTE]

RAAAAGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!

You are a fool and so is your post.

There's probably only one guy in the HP warehouse shipping dept this late at night and he's going "I gotta ship out every damn touchpad we have today?.....FML!!!!" Sucks to be that dude haha.

[quote name='DirkBelig']No one online has dropped the price that I can see. I've got HP, Office Depot, Staples, and Amazon open in tabs with 16-giggers in the carts, but they're all still original price.[/QUOTE]

PCRichards did but they are OOS

I like your logic though... I've got a slew of tabs open and I keep refreshing just in case

[quote name='loc0bob']There's probably only one guy in the HP warehouse shipping dept this late at night and he's going "I gotta ship out every damn touchpad we have today?.....FML!!!!" Sucks to be that dude haha.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Please Help me!

If i just go ahead and order the 32gb one that is in stock at amazon, can't i just get a price adjustment as soon as amazon drops their price tonight or tomorrow? and if amazon doesn't drop the price, can't i just cancel my order?

damn me and my entertaining of company over tonight! I've got the HP Academy link up and showing the happy price but all out of stock!

[quote name='PublikDefender']Please Help me!

If i just go ahead and order the 32gb one that is in stock at amazon, can't i just get a price adjustment as soon as amazon drops their price tonight or tomorrow? and if amazon doesn't drop the price, can't i just cancel my order?[/QUOTE]

I thought Amazon only did price adjustments on TVs... I could be wrong, 80% of the time I try to get a price adjustment they deny me. I try anyway because sometimes they do.

If i just go ahead and order the 32gb one that is in stock at amazon, can't i just get a price adjustment as soon as amazon drops their price tonight or tomorrow? and if amazon doesn't drop the price, can't i just cancel my order?[/QUOTE]

Amazon does NOT do price matches, not even retoactively to themselves if they drop a price. Occassionally if you are persistant you can convince a CSR agent to give you a credit back to your account for the amount the price dropped if the drop occurs before the item ships or while it is in transit but that is YMMV.

But yes, you could always refuse shipment or return it and get your money back

You can cancel it but if they ship it before you wake up then you're screwed. I just wait a few more hours man. I can't sleep because I napped earlier so I'm watching this thread like a hawk!

[quote name='loc0bob']There's probably only one guy in the HP warehouse shipping dept this late at night and he's going "I gotta ship out every damn touchpad we have today?.....FML!!!!" Sucks to be that dude haha.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

On a side note I was able to order the 32gb for ~$133 after tax. Not too shabby. This was mostly an impulse buy, so hopefully I'll find some use in it.

I'm not going to lie; I want one of these really bad. I bought a Dell Streak 7 from staples which was all but free after ink recycling rewards but this is 2" bigger and would be awesome as a portable media player.

I'm hoping one of the big retailers in my area, Staples, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, will carry this and have the price drop/sale price/clearance price or whatever this is in effect but I'm not holding my breath.

I really don't see a big resale market though. I mean you could probably get $300 for each unit for awhile until people catch on that it is being discontinued. But tech like this is such a scam magnet I don't know if it'd be worth it.

For me that value is in having one or gifting one. It'd make a pretty killer gift for around a $100.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You can cancel it but if they ship it before you wake up then you're screwed. I just wait a few more hours man. I can't sleep because I napped earlier so I'm watching this thread like a hawk![/QUOTE]

Don't worry about Amazon shipping your item. I placed 4 orders on Monday and they finally got around to shipping them yesterday (Friday).

WebOS is a great mobile OS, it's major downfall is the amount of apps for it. I really liked my Palm Pre Plus when I had it. It's a shame HP is discontinuing it. If only HP never bought Palm.

That's probably what the workers at the BB warehouse(s) with the :ps3:Black Ops Prestige bundles were thinking.;)

Gonna jump on a 32GB if I can. I'd kill for a bigger screen than my iPod Touch for casual browsing. I can still use that as my main iPod too!

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Don't worry about Amazon shipping your item. I placed 4 orders on Monday and they finally got around to shipping them yesterday (Friday).[/QUOTE]

So I should downgrade from Prime before ordering?

[quote name='GBAstar']Seriously? Someone will end up finding a way to root this and put an AndroidOS on it. For around a $100 it is still a steal as an ereader, web browser, media player, almar clock etc.

I wouldn't buy with the intent of reselling. You may make $100 or so but you have to remember their is a 45 return policy on eBay wether you like it or not (called the buyer protection policy) and i would imagine this is a high fraud item.[/QUOTE]

These won't sell. Ebay will be flooded with them in December. Yeah but rooting/modding is not for everyone. I had a pandigital ereader and got android on it by reading slatedroid. It is fun if done well but I know so many people who managed to brick the device. Ended up selling that on ebay.

As far as ereader, web browser, media player, alarm clock etc. is concerned, well the only thing you will end up using it for is occasional web browsing. I tried it at BB and it is heavy for ereading. 45 minutes in and you'll know what I'm talking about. It'll definitely be useful and enjoyable in the short term but I'll really be surprised if people use this after the initial 5-6 months when their excitement has died down.

[quote name='Magimann']That's what I want it for, too. There's an app called Comic Shelf HD that displays those files on WebOS. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response. That's awesome, i'm gonna try and pick one of these bad boys up tomorrow

[quote name='Nagasami']Ok guys pcrichard and son has it i think...im checking out right now...[/QUOTE]

That's the error I got when I tried to add it to the cart...
Your Shopping Cart

Sorry, the following items are no longer in stock and have been removed.
HP TouchPad 32GB 9.7" WiFi Only Tablet featuring WebOS 3.0

spacer.gif

There are no items in your Shopping Cart

[quote name='steelcurtain11']SD ruins everything, I just picture people over there buying tons of these for themselves just to resell on ebay or something.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's probably what the workers at the BB warehouse(s) with the :ps3:Black Ops Prestige bundles were thinking.;)[/QUOTE]

Don't even mention that... fuckers never even shipped mine out :cry:

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Waiting for the accessories to cut too. Who is going to pay $80 for a charging dock or $40 for a case when they only paid $100 for the tablet?!?[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check the next time I go into work. Maybe they'll have them cut tomorrow if I can pick up my store order, lol.

[quote name='Nagasami']walmart has these instock but say "roll back" is that suppose to mean they are shipping them back to hp?[/QUOTE]

Double really? You don't know what the "roll back" means next to an item on Walmart.com?

If you go to officedepot.com there's a banner on the home page that shows the price drop, but the site hasn't updated the prices yet. Should change by midnight or early morning I guess. I'm gonna hit up my local depot first thing in the morning!

[quote name='GBAstar']Double really? You don't know what the "roll back" means next to an item on Walmart.com?[/QUOTE]

It's like when they wear old uniforms from the 60s.

What kind of scam is amazon running? All night I been watching the 16GB then suddenly it goes out of stock and some company name "FireMall" pops up selling it fullfilled by Amazon, meanwhile you can no longer find Amazon selling it.

bread's done
Back