HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, aside from cleaning my carpets and taking the dog to the vet, this was an all-day ordeal for me trying to get one of these. I was able to get the HP Small Business link someone posted earlier to work, after an entire day of the site timing out, but supposedly my order went through for 2, one for my wife and I and one for the in-laws. My card has a pending charge, so we'll see.

[quote name='kaiser499']i want to thank the person who posted the link again for the guy on ebay. I ordered one and hope it gets shipped out, i am very happy.[/quote]

+1

No way I'm searching back through now haha... So basically if a movie will play on the iPad it'll play on this, right?

And do you just make your own "movies" fold on the TouchPad or do you have to put them someplace?

[quote name='Donut2922']Radio shack updated the price in-store. Anybody that bought this online like I suggested will be able to PM this in all likelihood (as long as the website stock ships out and there's no last minute corporate memo to not honor the new price). The website is oos as of now.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? Can you provide a link or post or something that I can show a radio shack manager b/c they already refused me once today? An invoice? Any more info? Please help.

[quote name='JKSonic']No way I'm searching back through now haha... So basically if a movie will play on the iPad it'll play on this, right?

And do you just make your own "movies" fold on the TouchPad or do you have to put them someplace?[/QUOTE]

I just stuck the .AVI's in the DCIM folder and they came up under "Film Roll" or something like that. Played perfect.

On a side note, Staples in Belle Vernon can suck a fat one. I went out to find a second one so we can have our own, and after a few phonecalls, some kid at that Staples said they had a few in stock. 20 minutes later, I'm told at the store that they had been out of stock for hours. Had I been told that from the start, I wouldn't have wasted my time and gas.

Not like me to do so, but I fucking flipped. I went to the manager and she apologized and said she doesn't know who would've told me that. I responded by saying they should learn to train their people to actually verify answers to a customers question before wasting their time/energy. I almost bought a candy bar just so I could get one of those stupid surveys to blast them on.

But whatever. We still got one from Walmart this morning, and I'm happy with that.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Are you sure? Can you provide a link or post or something that I can show a radio shack manager b/c they already refused me once today? An invoice? Any more info? Please help.[/QUOTE]

I called all the local ones. They're sold out already here (Madison Heights, MI), but they did price point it officially in store.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It takes about 45 minutes of refreshing to get it to go through.[/QUOTE]

took me about 30 mins of whining and complaining and hitting refresh, but I got an order number earlier this afternoon for a 32.

i actually was in the first 600 of the orders, and if you check the amount sold, you'll see people with 6-10 being purchased

the feedback seemed great, and since my entire STATE of delaware is out of them, spending an extra $26 still seemed like a great deal on a device that was $400 yesterday

As posted, the 'eBay guy', is Datavision, which is a solidly big company in NY. They typically has some decent overstock deals like this. I probably buy something from them every other year or so. Not some dude in his basement, for sure. My bet is they just had a deal with HP to unload quickly. $6 profit per unit after fees is still $36K day minus however many minimum wage packaging hours. Good for them, good for us. Glad they didn't try to gauge like everyone else out there.

Hope everyone gets what they ordered. By all means the should. No problem for the link :)

I ordered one at full price from amazon last night in the hopes of a price drop...

I chatted up a amazon rep and my order has been adjusted to $99.99...

I'm not sure if amazon has any left but if they do you could always go this route if you are still looking for this..

[quote name='Tom Jane']As posted, the 'eBay guy', is Datavision, which is a solidly big company in NY. They typically has some decent overstock deals like this. I probably buy something from them every other year or so. Not some dude in his basement, for sure. My bet is they just had a deal with HP to unload quickly. $6 profit per unit after fees is still $36K day minus however many minimum wage packaging hours. Good for them, good for us. Glad they didn't try to gauge like everyone else out there.

Hope everyone gets what they ordered. By all means the should. No problem for the link :)[/QUOTE]

Sure beats all the CL-ass flippers. Just missed it.

[quote name='kevgret']I ordered one at full price from amazon last night in the hopes of a price drop...

I chatted up a amazon rep and my order has been adjusted to $99.99...

I'm not sure if amazon has any left but if they do you could always go this route if you are still looking for this..[/QUOTE]

Screenshot? I've had no luck getting an adjust

[quote name='Tom Jane']As posted, the 'eBay guy', is Datavision, which is a solidly big company in NY. They typically has some decent overstock deals like this. I probably buy something from them every other year or so. Not some dude in his basement, for sure. My bet is they just had a deal with HP to unload quickly. $6 profit per unit after fees is still $36K day minus however many minimum wage packaging hours. Good for them, good for us. Glad they didn't try to gauge like everyone else out there.

Hope everyone gets what they ordered. By all means the should. No problem for the link :)[/QUOTE]
is it possible that data vision will get some units that best buy is sending back. In this scenario I can see them buying for a 100 bucks and selling for the $19 profit

I've been messing around with one of them, updating the firmware, installing kindle and angry birds, etc, to get it ready for my daughter's birthday, and I'm really happy with the purchase. It may not be up to ipad 2 specs, but I never played with an ipad, so I'm really impressed.

Now I need to finish messing with hers so I can play with the one I got for myself.

Good luck to everyone in your hunts. For under $100 this thing is just amazing.

Edit: On a side note, since I already got the 2 I wanted, I called (spent an hour on hold) and cancelled my order from hp last night, so there's at least one more out there for the masses.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Are you sure? Can you provide a link or post or something that I can show a radio shack manager b/c they already refused me once today? An invoice? Any more info? Please help.[/QUOTE]

I have no proof, but I just got back from Radio Shack, and the guy confirmed the discounted price to me. They didn't have any in-stock though, so he offered to place it online to ship directly to me, but online showed out of stock for him also right after he offered.

[quote name='Fearia']"HP TouchPad Customer Returns
Customers who have recently purchased the HP TouchPad at a higher price can contact Amazon.com's customer service for more information on how to get a refund on your purchase or how to return the product."

From Amazon's site. Son of a bitch.[/QUOTE]

whered you see this?

Did the prices just update at Radio Shack? I went earlier like 3 hours ago and the guy was giving me crap about how HP dropped it and that's why they're taking $50 off it. Saying that there was no way it was cheaper than that price ._.

Customers who have recently purchased the HP TouchPad at a higher price can contact Amazon.com's customer service for more information on how to get a refund on your purchase or how to return the product."

Yeah I find this to be some BS from Amazon. Should have just dropped the price and been done with it.

my order went through (finally) with hp small business, but I couldn't find the free shipping option. anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Yeah I find this to be some BS from Amazon. Should have just dropped the price and been done with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It totally rewards the "I'm gonna buy it now and if they don't drop it, return it" people.

[quote name='mcdaking84']so if we ordered from the business store we're screwed?[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that. My order still shows up and my card was charged already. Still "processing" but with the way the site's getting hammered I'm not expecting that to change for a while.

How do you reset this thing if it freezes? It's frozen on an app I got for my kid and it I can't do anything...not power down not anything.

Got it, nevermind...wasn't coming up in the user guide but found it finally.

Amazon is now honoring at discounted price! :D 16gb for $99.99 shipped. I ordered when 16gb came back in stock and bam they pulled both versions. Good timing!

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Screenshot? I've had no luck getting an adjust[/QUOTE]

Here is my amazon chat transcript

You are now connected to Praveen from Amazon.com.
Me:Hi:
Me:My order has a higher price than what is being charged by HP themselves. Is there any way I can get the lower price?
Praveen:Hello, my name is Praveen. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Hello Praveen
Praveen:I'm sorry for the inconvenience,
Praveen:I will adjust the price
Me:no worries.. its really not your fault HP dropped the price by so much virtually overnight
Me:the current price is $99 per HP themselves
Me:I'm sure you are getting tons of requests like this today..
Praveenlease allow me a moment.let me adjust the price.
Me:Thank-you very much Praveen
Praveen:Thanks so much for waiting.
Praveen:I have reduce the price $298.01 from order.
Praveen:Now Order Total: $99.99
Praveenlease check from your account.
Me:Thank you for your assistance tonight Praveen
Me:I'll check my account..
Praveen:You're welcome,
Praveen:Is there anything else I may help you with?
Me:nope.. as usual Amazon comes through again
Me:thanks again
Praveen:You're welcome,
Praveen:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Me:have a great night.
Praveen from Amazon.com is OnlineSecure Connection.

So I wonder how long before people start returning all the ones they bought to flip when they realize there is no profit in it so the people who wanted one can get in on it.

I have an order at officemax and an order at HP from last night still pending on both. Hopefully one goes through at least since nowhere near me has them.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah. It totally rewards the "I'm gonna buy it now and if they don't drop it, return it" people.[/QUOTE]

Yup.. and it does feel good to get rewarded with a $99 price point.

I fuckING LOVE AMAZON RIGHT NOW.
:D
giddy as a school girl.
I dont even want this thing.
'I feel like after this every website like SD/Fatwallet/CAG needs to be optomized for the Hp touchpad since everyone has one." - random guy from SD
:)

son of a bitch!!!!

I would have rather used my AZ GC to buy it versus going into my pocket...

Hopefully HP dumps more into amazons lap.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah. It totally rewards the "I'm gonna buy it now and if they don't drop it, return it" people.[/QUOTE]

Which makes me wonder, why didn't they just drop the price because they knew people would do that? Their alert mirrors exactly what people on here and SD said they would do. Oh well.

I personally didn't want one because I have a Xoom, but I rather the people who actually want one to use can get it. Amazon lowering the price and setting a limit of 1 per customer would have been awesome at that.

I've actually wanted a tablet for a LONG time, but I can't justify paying 299+ for one because it's not a necessity.

This was the perfect deal and I totally missed out =/

[quote name='UrAllVirgins']I've actually wanted a tablet for a LONG time, but I can't justify paying 299+ for one because it's not a necessity.

This was the perfect deal and I totally missed out =/[/QUOTE]

You also missed out on the galaxy tab deal deal?
Verizon was selling them for $50 each.

So how do I get Staples to give me the lowered price if they don't automatically lower it?
I bought it today at full price with the message from the manager that the price would officially go down on Monday...but why would they bother lowering it....there's none existing in their entire chain.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You also missed out on the galaxy tab deal deal?
Verizon was selling them for $50 each.[/QUOTE]

Did it require a 2 year contract?

My friend that works at Best Buy just called to say they are clearancing these things out tomorrow at his store for the price listed. I still think its kind of a pointless device now though, unless you can get Android on it.

Radio Shack employees are sneaky motherf@ckers...

Went to 7 RS stores during the day and afternoon and all had tons of TP in stock since the price on the system wasn't updated.

Now I'm calling all of them and suddenly all of them sold ALL TP in less than 1hr after the price was magically updated.

BS, employees are just buying themselves.

[quote name='AoA']So how do I get Staples to give me the lowered price if they don't automatically lower it?
I bought it today at full price with the message from the manager that the price would officially go down on Monday...but why would they bother lowering it....there's none existing in their entire chain.[/QUOTE]

Either price match Walmart, or wait it out till monday you got 14 days so you'll be fine.
http://www.staples.com/sbd/content/help/using/general_match.html

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Amazon is now honoring at discounted price! :D 16gb for $99.99 shipped. I ordered when 16gb came back in stock and bam they pulled both versions. Good timing![/QUOTE]

yup. I purchased a 16GB last night in the hopes that Amazon would come through. And I just got off with Amazon CS on chat, and they said they would adjust the price, and send me a follow up email when everything is done. :cry::applause:

[quote name='Gosha']My friend that works at Best Buy just called to say they are clearancing these things out tomorrow at his store for the price listed. I still think its kind of a pointless device now though, unless you can get Android on it.[/QUOTE]

Just called a bestbuy near me and they said they just got an email saying select locations will be allowed to sell them at the discounted price and they would be online for in-store pickup as well.

bread's done
Back