HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to get the last 16GB at my store before I left. Posting from it now, I like it. Now we play the waiting game on who gets it an Android hack first.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']What kind of videos? If they are digital copies in iTunes, those are DRM protected. Can't talk about how to work around that here, you'll have to google it.[/QUOTE]

Not from iTunes. I have a few AVI files that I wanna watch on it but I'm not sure how to get it on there.

[quote name='immanewb']Funny. I clicked add to cart and it bought me to a page for me to enter my zip. Did so, and it said "items below are no longer available" and shows full MSRP. When I click for for it to display more info, it just said the item "it's not available for purchase at this time."

I bet these guys are secretly laughing at our misery. :cry:[/QUOTE]

i had good luck and an easy time getting a 32GB yesteday at 1am thru office depot online for 150 + tax + free shipping. I even got email confirmation of my order.

good luck to everyone else thru all this crazy drama.

[quote name='cheeky']Seems like a decent deal for those who can't afford an iPad.[/QUOTE]

Right. Apple logic. Why would I want an ipad when this is better? And I can buy four of them for the price of a single ipad?

[quote name='immanewb']Funny. I clicked add to cart and it bought me to a page for me to enter my zip. Did so, and it said "items below are no longer available" and shows full MSRP. When I click for for it to display more info, it just said the item "it's not available for purchase at this time."

I bet these guys are secretly laughing at our misery. :cry:[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what happened to me too.:cry:

Anyway, here's a stock locator for BB stores for the 16gb model:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...uId=2842056&searchpage=true&_requestid=135341

Just put in your own zip code and you should be set.

EDIT: Here's a 32gb stock locator for BB stores as well:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Right. Apple logic. Why would I want an paid when this is better? And I can buy four of them for the price of a single ipad?[/QUOTE]

Because its Designed in California made in China

Well.. after browsing through a few e-tailers' site. I've decided to gamble my chances with buy.com (http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=222442030) (can't seem to find the 32GB model sold by buy.com). Although it shows MSRP at the moment, the model number matches up with the one on the HP site. In addition, buy.com has a 45-days return policy, so even if they won't give me a refund when/if the price drops, I can always return it and be out on shipping.

But I don't have high hopes, either, since that item is ranked as the number one selling item on buy.com (it was just ranked 241 yesterday). But, hey.. can't hurt to try.

I got an email confirmation for my HP SMB order of a 32 (which I made at like 4:30 PM EST)... hope it gets honored but looks like its a crap shoot. Crazy thing is when I browsed the site it STILL showed the things in stock through SMB... you'd think something that's attracting so much traffic its killing their website would be fixed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's exactly what happened to me too.:cry:

Anyway, here's a stock locator for BB stores for the 16gb model:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...uId=2842056&searchpage=true&_requestid=135341

Just put in your own zip code and you should be set.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's working properly. It just shows a list of stores for me but no availability information.

[quote name='Preedatore']Because its Designed in California made in China[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But seriously, lets not turn this thread into a flame war...:argue:

[quote name='eliter1']I don't think it's working properly. It just shows a list of stores for me but no availability information.[/QUOTE]
If you have multiple browsers on your PC try a different browser or try clearing cookies/cache. That may solve the issue.

I know it was coming up as unavailable for me anywhere around here. The closest stores to me with any in stock were either Selinsgrove or Philipsburg.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you have multiple browsers on your PC try a different browser or try clearing cookies/cache. That may solve the issue.[/QUOTE]When I was trying to get into the SMB store this afternoon, I was rotating between Firefox, Chrome, and IE - only IE worked. Whether it WORKED worked (i.e. got me a TP) remains to be seen.

[quote name='eliter1']I don't think it's working properly. It just shows a list of stores for me but no availability information.
[/QUOTE]

It's working for me. Most of the stores that has no availability probably have none in stock. I was able to find a few near me but most of my stores are out as well. I might go to one early tomorrow morning before Church.

[quote name='Trogdor469']i just got 2 on kmart. Full price, going for a price match.[/QUOTE]

I bought a couple of 32GB on the Sears website at full price before they went OOS, I'm going to call tomorrow to get a price adjustment :pray:

Anybody else buy at Sears.com?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you have multiple browsers on your PC try a different browser or try clearing cookies/cache. That may solve the issue.

I know it was coming up as unavailable for me anywhere around here. The closest stores to me with any in stock were either Selinsgrove or Philipsburg.[/QUOTE]

Tried IE, Firefox and Chrome but it just shows a bunch of stores and the Availability column is blank. Don't know if it means there is none or it's not working.

[quote name='eliter1']I don't think it's working properly. It just shows a list of stores for me but no availability information.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But seriously, lets not turn this thread into a flame war...:argue:[/QUOTE]

I get the same thing on the 16GB, but on the 32GB I have a big list of unavailable except for the store closet to me, which says In Store Only.

I'll be going first thing in the morning to see if they actually have any.

[quote name='eliter1']Tried IE, Firefox and Chrome but it just shows a bunch of stores and the Availability column is blank. Don't know if it means there is none or it's not working.[/QUOTE]

Same here, availability collumn is blank.

[quote name='vrs1650']F best buy. Asked if they had them. The employee asked the manager if they could sell them yet. He said yes and all the employees ran over and picked them up.[/QUOTE]

This needs to be a Penny Arcade strip.

Hi cags. i was being helped in the slickdeals best buy specific thread earlier today, but I thought it was relevant to post my last post here because I think cags may benefit from my Best Buy story:

I ordered online today and was able to get acquire 16 gb touchpad through in-store pick up today at Best Buy for about $420 with tax.
Unfortunately, customer service would not allow me to do a price adjustment on the spot and directed me to "Please call BestBuy.com support at 888BestBuy (888-237-8289) for the price match request" as it says in the faq written by coral.

It took me 1.5 hours to get the agent on the phone and she also did not give me a price adjustment on the spot. However, she did say that the price adjustments are being taken care of within the next week. After she validated my purchase date she assigned me a customer service number, which are now being assigned to touchpad price adjustment customers. She said if I did not receive an email in 5-7 days that I should contact them with my unique customer service number. And that is the story thus far. Hopefully, my credit card gets properly credited when this is all over.

I guess the point of this cheap ass gamer post was to sum up how to get a ymmv best buy deal. It was a lot of work and I'm still waiting for my credit card to be credited but things are finally beginning to look better.

Also, for reference make sure you cags are familiar with the best buy faq:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/HP-TouchPad-FAQs/m-p/315434/thread-id/3887

[quote name='Jacoblee23']For those that have tried both, how does this compare to the iPad 2? I have an iPad 2 and love it.[/QUOTE]

i think you should check youtube but...ipad 2 would def much better thats one of the reason why this hp touchpad didnt sell so well

[quote name='cancerman1120']Now that BB is got the right price do I stay up AGAIN to see if I can snag one for my sister? So sleepy.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to stay up until 12:15 after that I give up...unless I take a trip to BB after church tomorrow :lol:

[quote name='xRemnant']These things are first generation. What you mean by newer models? The HP TouchPad was launched on July 1, 2011, in the United States, and July 15 in Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Germany. On August 18, 2011, less than 8 weeks after they were launched in the US, Hewlett-Packard announced that it will discontinue all webOS products. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_TouchPad There haven't been enough time frame to have different models.[/QUOTE]

Go to a site like officemax.com and look up the model number, then compare that to the model from Sears. Either they have models mixed up, or there are different models of the tablet.
Like I said, I'm just passing information the Sears rep told me when I asked about the price. Reason being that the ones listed on the sears website are "newer" models.

slickdeals is C R A Z Y

was HP the best deal of all? because i ordered a 32 GB for 134. im seeing all these deals pop up and im getting kinda paranoid :D i hope it doesnt get canceled.

Ended up getting 3x 32gb units total. Two just now from the HP Small Business Site with $10 overnight shipping (one for me and one for wife).

I also ordered one earlier from Brandmart USA with no issue too (gift for mother's birthday).

[quote name='Nagasami']i think you should check youtube but...ipad 2 would def much better thats one of the reason why this hp touchpad didnt sell so well[/QUOTE]

As soon as I figure what you're saying ill post a picture of a horse with a head of a baby while a gazelle rides the bay head horse in outer space with two lions watching the lion food network on their HP touchpads...

[quote name='Ed_']I'm going to stay up until 12:15 after that I give up...unless I take a trip to BB after church tomorrow :lol:[/QUOTE]

I keep waking up, lol. I know I have to get there early because I want to use my credit. Then I can return my 32Gb back to Walmart. They will feel my rage when I return it!

I finally snagged a 32 GB version at about 11:30 PM from HP's Small and Medium Business store (after 7 hours of off-and-on attempting at getting their website to work :p )...here's hoping it doesn't fall through :) .

Has anyone who ordered from HP's education site received a confirmation email? I ordered it last night before it went OOS and my status was already at "processing" less than an hour after completing the order. Seems like I'm set, but it'd be more reassuring to actually have that email sitting in my inbox. Guess I'll just have to wait til Monday or Tuesday when (fingers crossed) a shipment notification is sent.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Has anyone who ordered from HP's education site received a confirmation email? I ordered it last night before it went OOS and my status was already at "processing" less than an hour after completing the order. Seems like I'm set, but it'd be more reassuring to actually have that email sitting in my inbox. Guess I'll just have to wait til Monday or Tuesday when (fingers crossed) a shipment notification is sent.[/QUOTE]

Same situation here. It's not something I terribly want so I won't be mad if it gets canceled.

Well, I managed to get a 32G at Best Buy this afternoon. When I went to charge the unit, it will not charge. I spent the last 45 minutes with HP support and they have not been of any help. Based on some searches, this seems to be a common problem, and for some people, the charger is the problem. I do not think mine is a charger problem, so back to Best buy I go, and likely will have to return it as I think there is something wrong with the pad itself.

I keep getting the error: Pad will not charge properly because of insufficent voltage or current. Use HP wall charger and cable (I am). I even tried some other plugs, and even some other chargers and I get the same error. Oh well.....

Went to Bestbuy this morning and waited about a half an hour with about 10 other people and when an employee came out and told us they had to send their stock back. I guess later today they decided to sell them after all because they now show unavailable on their website. Sucks.

Managed to place an order a few hours ago, went back to check on the status and I get "We are unable to process your order, please contact a representative" Fuuuuuu- But money has been taken from my account already. Gotta call Monday, hope I don't miss this damn deal because of this.

[quote name='Iriemars']Just saw on Sears.com that the tablet is going for 150, but they are sold out. However, Kmart is owned by Sears, and they have them available for 5 bills, do you think they will match the Sears price?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00302487000P?errorCode=_ERR_OUTOFSTOCK[/QUOTE]

I'm taking a shot that they will. I ordered from Kmart and submitted a price protection form immediately afterward. We'll see what happens.

After an hour earlier to cancel my HP order, I got charged for the order and it moved from verifying to processing. Could be worse I suppose, but an extra 130 on my card is not something I had planned for, especially after confirming the cancellation.

So, after more time on hold, I got to speak with a supervisor who apologized that I had been told it was cancelled earlier, as what actually happened is "it wasn't"... o_O

On the up side, thats the first out of 3 times I've spoken with HP customer service where I felt like they were actually being honest with me.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']So at this point, what games actually run on this thing?[/QUOTE]

I got some crazy Angry Birds action going on in this mutha. I also like the free D&D 4e compendium app, and that snes emulator is pretty slick too.

There are some gameloft, big fish, 10tons, and gamevil games that I've seen. Most are pretty expensive compared to what I paid on the ipad. I don't know if there are sales in the hp store.

Played with it for a while, as a web browser it is superior to the ipad because of flash. I can stream hbogo directly from the webrowser. But for me, the AppStore and all the cheap or free apps is what makes the tablet so great, and the apps just aren't there yet. I also put a few movies on it to, they work just fine, but the Video player interface isn't as user friendly as the ipad

[quote name='Maskim']I got some crazy Angry Birds action going on in this mutha. I also like the free D&D 4e compendium app, and that snes emulator is pretty slick too.[/QUOTE]

snes emulator? Do tell? Any games for free?

[quote name='cancerman1120']snes emulator? Do tell? Any games for free?[/QUOTE]

It's just the emulator. You load your roms onto the touchpad via the usb connection from your computer and it'll play them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It looks like only Overstock, Buy and NewEgg haven't updated the prices to the current fire sale prices.:roll:[/QUOTE]

yet they are sold out. people are really going to stretch the limits of their trust in price adjustment policies.

bread's done
Back