HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. This is gonna infuriate me if I go to the actual store at opening(11am) and they're OOS of the 16 gb model when the Google Shopping shit says it IS in stock. Yet when I tried ship to store it's not allowing me to saying I need to choose another store.

I'm not even 100% sure I want this thing, but for $100 even if I use it for a week or two and then sell it to someone else I'll give it a whirl.

it is so weird that of all people i was able to snag another one. i'm in hawaii and it is only 1:18am. with the number of people that i saw in best buy today begging for tablets, you'd think they all would have been waiting for this.

Dammit I was just reading about Amazon refunding for the price difference. Did they do that for everyone that ordered or was it YMMV? I so would have ordered from them instead and used credit.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']I just ordered one from Bestbuy.com. $107 with tax and free shipping. Can't wait for it to get here.[/QUOTE]

How do you get free shipping? :/

[quote name='ShockandAww']Someone on SD was saying the same thing about the free shipping not working. It's working for me though. I ordered one and got free shipping then went through the link again and it again showed free shipping.

Maybe try going the regular route, then open that entertainment link in another window. Then, go back one page on the original window, and process it again. Now do you get free shipping?[/QUOTE]
I figured out what the issue was.#-o I kept putting in my zip code, which automatically figured out my sales tax and added in the shipping cost.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. This is gonna infuriate me if I go to the actual store at opening(11am) and they're OOS of the 16 gb model when the Google Shopping shit says it IS in stock. Yet when I tried ship to store it's not allowing me to saying I need to choose another store.

I'm not even 100% sure I want this thing, but for $100 even if I use it for a week or two and then sell it to someone else I'll give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I chose to have it delivered to my house. If you wanna pick it up in store just go there at 11 when it opens.

Hell if you can afford it, do one order w/ store pick up and one shipped. Go to the store in the morning and cancel one depending on the outcome.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']How do you get free shipping? :/[/QUOTE]

Click this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/null/pcmcat221900050000.c?id=pcmcat221900050000

Then search HP Touchpad.
[quote name='aznhero913']Exactly why I chose to have it delivered to my house. If you wanna pick it up in store just go there at 11 when it opens.

Hell if you can afford it, do one order w/ store pick up and one shipped. Go to the store in the morning and cancel one depending on the outcome.[/QUOTE]
Like I said though, I don't even know 100% if I am gonna want this thing, so I'll probably just go in store at 11am n try to find one there. If I do, then I'll probably just cancel my online order as long as it hasn't progressed to where it can't be cancelled.

I tried in store pickup thing and it got as far as the second to last screen, then it told me to choose a different store as it wasn't available at my closest one as of now.

But I'll still try the store at opening just to be sure.

Of course, if I wanted the frickin' 32gb one I could just go to the closest Radio Shack to me at opening and grab one there as it's supposedly in stock. But $100 is my limit for something that may just be a dust collector.

Either way, I got an order in for $105.99 with tax and free shipping. If I decide I don't want this when/if it arrives, then I'd probably sell it on here for $120 or so(toss it in a flat rate Priority box).

Well, I fucked up. I entered the order, everything looked good. Sent it and then remembers to enter in the rewards zone number. I canceled the order then tried to reorder and the two gift cards I used now said $0.00. Oops. But I did get free shipping and no tax? I'm calling BB customer service to get the amount put back on the gift cards or get the gift cards applied to the current order, if that is possible.

Been thinking about going to one of my local BB this morning when the store opens because it's the only one showing up as available for both versions. However, I was hesitant because I assume that a bunch of people would be camping out early and I didn't want to get up that early only to be denied. But when it was available on BB.com, I ordered a 32 GB version and, lo and behold, the pickup option at that same store was available for today!!! To make it even sweeter, I applied a GC (which I almost forgot I had in my wallet) and a $10 RZ cert. Just waiting for email to pick up. I won't be celebrating until I have it in my hands and out of the store! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the employees at that BB store doesn't screw this one up!

[quote name='TwistedOrange']eBay instant sale will pay $168 for a 16GB and $200 I think for the 32GB :applause:.[/QUOTE]

Just be careful guys.

I dont think the company updated the tiv since the fire sale and they might end up sending them all back with a " flaw"...

I forgot to state that I went with the 32gb version on all three of my orders. Just seemed like a better value to me, and personally I use a LOT of space....

PleasetellmeImadetherightchoice

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered the 32GB model and it was only $64 out of pocket because I had $99 in trade ins. Thanks Best Buy for hooking me up! Now I can rest easy.

Just ordered the 16GB one from Bestbuy.com with free shipping. You have to log in to your account to the check out process to see that it is free shipping.

[quote name='Dkellar']Well, I fucked up. I entered the order, everything looked good. Sent it and then remembers to enter in the rewards zone number. I canceled the order then tried to reorder and the two gift cards I used now said $0.00. Oops. But I did get free shipping and no tax? I'm calling BB customer service to get the amount put back on the gift cards or get the gift cards applied to the current order, if that is possible.[/QUOTE]
:bomb:SHIT!! I knew I forgot something too. I guess I'll never get a $5-10 RZ certificate if I keep forgetting to put in my card # every time I make an order. Last time I forgot was during the $14.99 BLOPS Prestige mad dash.

Between that n this I probably coulda had at least a $5-10 cert(or more) by now.:cry:

Lol I ordered one off BB.com then remembered I've had a gift card lying around for close to a year now. I'm never going to get rid of that thing. t__T

[quote name='Malice']I forgot to state that I went with the 32gb version on all three of my orders. Just seemed like a better value to me, and personally I use a LOT of space....

PleasetellmeImadetherightchoice[/QUOTE]
You really cant go wrong. It's still a damn steal at the price. Especially if you think you'll use a lot of space. I don't think it's upgradeable so you got the right one.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Let's hope these orders from Bestbuy actually get processed and shipped out. Funny since they said they sent all their stock back to HP.[/QUOTE]

There was a rumour going around yesterday that HP authorized ALL retailers to drop the price to $100 and HP will reimburse the difference. Probably saves them a ton of cash instead of having them shipped back, processed and warehoused.

Any news on accessories dropping anywhere?

This sale is turning into the Black Ops Prestige Edition again, lol. I think as long as you get your order in now you're good to go. I remember there were a few people who didn't get their order in early enough and their order was canceled.

I dunno if this is with everyone, but I tried to order one ship-to-store to my local BB in case the one I ordered earlier "mysteriously" can't be fulfilled and now every store within my radius that I click on "ship to store" for miraculously comes back as "unavailable". I really hope my prior order goes through now. I ordered one to be shipped just to be safe and if I indeed get the in-store one I will cancel the other. I noly need 1.

I didn't read the past ten pages that appeared when I slept but....

Target officially dropped the prices to 99/149. Currently OOS online but you could always check local stock.

Good news for me as I can now have them refund me for the full price I paid yesterday morning.

And now I can stop following this thread.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:bomb:SHIT!! I knew I forgot something too. I guess I'll never get a $5-10 RZ certificate if I keep forgetting to put in my card # every time I make an order. Last time I forgot was during the $14.99 BLOPS Prestige mad dash.

Between that n this I probably coulda had at least a $5-10 cert(or more) by now.:cry:[/QUOTE]
You can just input your order number at the rewards website to get credited.

[quote name='AoA']I didn't read the past ten pages that appeared when I slept but....

Target officially dropped the prices to 99/149. Currently OOS online but you could always check local stock.

Good news for me as I can now have them refund me for the full price I paid yesterday morning.

And now I can stop following this thread.[/QUOTE]

If only Staples carried the 16 GB version in store, we would have gotten it for $50!

:lol: The add to cart buttons for both versions aren't working at all for me now on BB's site.:roll:
[quote name='luischav3z']You can just input your order number at the rewards website to get credited.[/QUOTE]
Actually I wanted to cancel my current order and try like the folks on SD said you could do(which is select ANY shipping rate after using the free shipping link n it'd allow even faster shipping like express for free too).

Also, anyone who forgets to put in their BB RZ number when ordering...

1. Don't forget
2. You can call CS and have them add that purchase to the RZ list so you can get the points after the fact

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: The add to cart buttons for both versions aren't working at all for me now on BB's site.:roll:

Actually I wanted to cancel my current order and try like the folks on SD said you could do(which is select ANY shipping rate after using the free shipping link n it'd allow even faster shipping like express for free too).[/QUOTE]

still showing up for me...

Got an order in....oddly, it had pre-filled someone else's email address and store preferences (in Texas)...maybe from the posted link?

Anyway, here's to hoping for an Android hack!

[quote name='Dkellar']Sort of off topic, but how long does it take BB to refund a gift card?[/QUOTE]
ive had the gift card issue a few times and its usually been 48 hours.

[quote name='aznhero913']still showing up for me...[/QUOTE]
It took a bit on my end but it finally started to work again. But when I tried a second order with the free shipping link it charged for shipping AND they charge frickin' tax on the shipping cost of $8.99 even.:roll:

So I guess I'll just have to be happy with the order with the free shipping I managed to sneak in.;)

[quote name='MillionBlades']Any chance of best buy price matching staples $49.00 HP touch pad 16gb even though its sold out online????[/QUOTE]

No. They clearly stated that they are returning them to HP. I already tried that.

[quote name='MillionBlades']Any chance of best buy price matching staples $49.00 HP touch pad 16gb even though its sold out online????[/QUOTE]

it took them over 24 hours to price match msrp...

Welp, dropped in an order for a 32GB version for myself.

Scored a 16GB for my wife yesterday at Wal-mart. Between firing up her kindle collection, web browsing, facebook, etc, she didn't put the thing down.

I'm fairly impressed by it as well. I can see me using this a lot to browse the web in general, and look up game information while playing non-PC games.

Also, I think this will allow me to sell my aging dell xps 1530 laptop finally. It had gotten to the point that I really only used it for vacation/trips anyhow, and this is much more convenient.

Oh ffs. It's already 'not available' for shipping for the 16gb model on BB.com.:roll: fuck. I was just about to re-do my order and try to get free express shipping through the free shipping link and cancel my original one.

Looks like I'm lucky I didn't cancel out of my original order now.

Is the 16GB showing unavailable for shipping now for everyone? May just be me because I already ordered one but not sure.

Edit: nvm looks like 16GB is OOS for shipping now.

16gb is soldout on bestbuy.com, still have 32gbs instock. also, shipping says 8 bucks but is discounted to free upon checkout. just picked up a 32gb for $143 after using some video game trade in credit. thanks to whoever posted the updated bestbuy link.

[quote name='Ionotropic']In other gaming news, I canceled my Gears 3 Console preorder to fund the purchase of cheap tablets.[/QUOTE]
lol, yep I'm having to rethink my game plan for the next few months. I guess I'll only buy the games I'm actually going to play now.

bread's done
Back