HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm set till the middle of NEXT gen with the backlog I have(41-42 games and rising every month thanks to Sears clearance;)). Not to mention I just ordered :ps3:Katamari Forever and :ps3:Silent Hill Homecoming for $33 total from AWD last night.

So yeah, I'm definitely set on games for a looooong time to come. I never usually play the 'latest n greatest' unless I find it uber cheap.;)[/QUOTE]
By the way, who else is considering trading in your dsi for $75 at best buy now that we have tablets? i didn't even finish the two prof. layton games i just bought and i'm seriously considering it now.

Just got an e-mail from the bb store I ordered from saying they were out of stock. Hopefully some of you that ordered for in-store pickup will actually be able to get yours. I may go to my local bb at opening anyway just to see if they have them and the website lies.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']From what I've read over at SD, I'm pretty sure HP is accepting returns up to 21 days after purchase. Best Buy all sales are final.[/QUOTE]

indeed

Best Buy is NOT taking any returns.

[quote name='sassylaurie']LOL! Angry Birds to the backlog? LOL!

Must be because of the long and in-depth, complicated, twisted story line. That may be scarcastic, but I know if at least 3 people that have well over 30hrs into it and have not seen the ending!![/QUOTE]

i have it on Chrome and i still have not finished it
i..forgot :hot:

I want to play Zombies vs Plants on a tablet however.

[quote name='Rodster']Ordered one last online from BB with ship to store. I checked this morning and it says "checking store inventory". Not looking good at the moment.[/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me and then I got the official cancelation email shortly after.

Question about staples. . . Do we know they have these in stock or are people hoping to go up there on the chance that they do?

I have a location only a few minutes from my house so I can run up there but I guess like when I was dating, I'm getting sick of rejection :roll:

[quote name='Spyder1970']Just got an e-mail from the bb store I ordered from saying they were out of stock. Hopefully some of you that ordered for in-store pickup will actually be able to get yours. I may go to my local bb at opening anyway just to see if they have them and the website lies.[/QUOTE]

My In Store Pick-Up order for a 32 GB is still processing with "Confirming Store Inventory" I'm hoping this means I'll be able to get it today.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Their policy may have changed. See their new official faq:

If I purchased the HP TouchPad previous to August 20, 2011 can I return it?
Yes. Customers who purchased the 16 or 32 GB TouchPad after June 19, 2011 may come into the store to get a full refund within our return policy.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/HP-TouchPad-FAQs/m-p/315434/thread-id/3887[/QUOTE]
umm yeah
However, those who ordered up yesterday or today can not have second thoughts.

[quote name='United_Korea']goddammit, don't tell me i missed it again...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes, Best Buy seems to be completely OOS now.

[quote name='United_Korea']goddammit, don't tell me i missed it again...[/QUOTE]

it's live actually
Order up from BB

oh wow, nvm
OOS?

check your stores then but by now, people would have stormed them

[quote name='PublikDefender']By the way, who else is considering trading in your dsi for $75 now that we have tablets? i didn't even finish the two prof. layton games i just bought and i'm seriously considering it now.[/QUOTE]
I've actually traded in games that I haven't even played but had opened before.:cry:

Of course, that was before I realized I had so much frickin' local competition for deals. Now that I've bumped into at least 3-5 other clearance deal shoppers locally I know I can no longer trade in the first copy of a clearance title and expect to be able to find another copy of it waiting for me next month when it gets even cheaper.

Otherwise I would've likely dumped some of these cheapo titles to BB for credit and used that on one of these tablets in store.

[quote name='Nagasami']Staples price is $49.99 but OOS[/QUOTE]

Anyone have anymore info on what happened here? Did anyone get in on this deal (i.e. was the 16Gb ever available for 49.99)? Sorry if it's been addressed-I'm trying to keep up with all the posts.

btw-This thread has been my entertainment this weekend(sad? but true)!

fuck. I seem to be striking out on every avenue for these. I'd like to have one to try, since my wife broke her fucking laptop (by shutting her fucking headphones in the lid :dunce:) and took mine.

[quote name='awsookysooky']Anyone have anymore info on what happened here? Did anyone get in on this deal (i.e. was the 16Gb ever available for 49.99)? Sorry if it's been addressed-I'm trying to keep up with all the posts.

btw-This thread has been my entertainment this weekend(sad? but true)![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Staples has been OOS even before they did that price drop. They also do not sell the 16GB in stores. Only hope of getting that $49.99 price is for it to come back in stock online.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']fuck. I seem to be striking out on every avenue for these. I'd like to have one to try, since my wife broke her fucking laptop (by shutting her fucking headphones in the lid :dunce:) and took mine.[/QUOTE]

Priceless.

Staples looks to be out of stock and online-order only. It says $99.99 but $49.99 with a $50 "instant coupon". Not sure where the instant coupon comes from :???:.

Somebody in SD said that those with free shipping will have their orders canceled. Just throwing that out there to add to the drama.

[quote name='cRodz']it's live actually
Order up from BB

oh wow, nvm
OOS?

check your stores then but by now, people would have stormed them[/QUOTE]

How so? It's Sunday and most Best Buys, even on the East Coast, aren't even open. My local BB stores don't open until 11. I'm heading out in a bit to check for lines.

Anyone who ordered on the 19th from HP, what is your status report?

Cofirmation email? Cancellation email?

SD is reporting the orders with or without that coupon are getting cancelled somehow.

fuck

[quote name='cRodz']Anyone who ordered on the 19th, what is your status report?

Cofirmation email? Cancellation email?

SD is reporting the orders with or without that coupon are getting cancelled somehow.

fuck[/QUOTE]

Might want to specify your retailer. I'm taking its HP.

I just got an order to go through from HP small business. I'm betting it gets canceled but I thought I'd give it a try. I had put one in my cart yesterday after the error/refresh wouldn't allow me to get to checkout. I went back today and it was still in my cart and let me proceed to checkout, enter my credit card, and buy one. Hopefully if nothing else it will put me in a line to receive one of their first ones they receive back from retailers.

[quote name='sp00ge']How so? It's Sunday and most Best Buys, even on the East Coast, aren't even open. My local BB stores don't open until 11. I'm heading out in a bit to check for lines.[/QUOTE]

i am oblivious to time right now :cry:

[quote name='advanced']Might want to specify your retailer. I'm taking its HP.[/QUOTE]

yeah
this is rising my blood pressure.
I dont want to miss out on this gah

Just received my order is ready to pick-up email from Best Buy! Awesome! Good luck to everyone else, hope your orders go through as well.

I guess I am opting out. My wife just told me it is either our trip to Austin/Schlitterbahn, or the Touchpads.

Rather go with the guaranteed trip than gambling on the Touchpads.

Ordered brom bb.com this morning. Heres to hoping they drop the prices on accessories as well. Thanks OP CAG for stying on top of this. Was a pleasant surprise this morning to see that BB decided to sell

Just got a confirmation email that my order is ready for in store pick up at my local Best Buy. Thing is, it's about 9:30am right now and BB doesn't open until 11:00am lol. I'm DEFINITELY going to call them when they open to make sure they have my Touchpad. Only problem is I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow because I have work today.

Think I'll be alright? They wouldn't actually sell mine, would they? The email says I have until next Monday to pick it up to avoid cancellation.

EDIT - Also I JUST signed up for Reward Zone after I made the order(and another one to be shipped), is there any way to get the points for both orders even though I signed up after? Or am I SOL?

Got a cancellation email for the one I had ordered Friday night. Nuts. I hate the people who order 10 to sell on ebay, they ruin it for everyone.

Was able to order a 32 gig from hp this morning, but it crashed like 10 times in the process. Couldn't confirm the coupon code, so I'm going to email their CS to apply it. Their site is just getting raped.

I would normally be mad that I paid 125 for it from DataVis and BestBuy had it available for 99, but to be honest, the extra money is worth the fact that I don't have to freaking refresh like a madman/go out and hunt/try and grab one in some 15 minute window. Tickle Me Elmo 2K11, apparently...

[quote name='Malice']Just got a confirmation email that my order is ready for in store pick up at my local Best Buy. Thing is, it's about 9:30am right now and BB doesn't open until 11:00am lol. I'm DEFINITELY going to call them when they open to make sure they have my Touchpad. Only problem is I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow because I have work today.

Think I'll be alright? They wouldn't actually sell mine, would they? The email says I have until next Monday to pick it up to avoid cancellation.

EDIT - Also I JUST signed up for Reward Zone after I made the order(and another one to be shipped), is there any way to get the points for both orders even though I signed up after? Or am I SOL?[/QUOTE]

You can apply the purchases to your rewards account after the fact, just go to myrz.com and click "missing points and purchases" or something to that effect and type in the BBY number on your recipt after getting them.

[quote name='technicalstylez']just canceled my best buy 32gb order. hope a CAG gets it.[/QUOTE]

Thought about doing that since Best Buy orders are final from my understanding but then if I wanted a CAG to get it during this craziness it would be easier to pay for it then just sell it on cag for cost plus shipping.

[quote name='Malice']Just got a confirmation email that my order is ready for in store pick up at my local Best Buy. Thing is, it's about 9:30am right now and BB doesn't open until 11:00am lol. I'm DEFINITELY going to call them when they open to make sure they have my Touchpad. Only problem is I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow because I have work today.

EDIT - Also I JUST signed up for Reward Zone after I made the order(and another one to be shipped), is there any way to get the points for both orders even though I signed up after? Or am I SOL?[/QUOTE]

once you got the confirmation ready for pickup, you have a week to pick up.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']once you got the confirmation ready for pickup, you have a week to pick up.[/QUOTE]

exigent circumstances, pick it up ASAP or they'll try and give it away. Fire Sale Rules, after all.

[quote name='Dkellar']I can't wait to load my tablet with mp3s, strap it to my arm, and go for a run! Real men don't use iPods![/QUOTE]

they dont use tablets either, they use the boomboxes strapped to their shoulders

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Just received my order is ready to pick-up email from Best Buy! Awesome! Good luck to everyone else, hope your orders go through as well.[/QUOTE]

I also placed an order for a 16GB just in case the In Store Pick-Up option didn't pan out. Well the 16GB is now no longer able to be cancelled. I'll now have an extra 16GB touchpad if none of my family members are interested in it. If anyone is still looking for one in a couple of days feel free to PM me with an offer.

bread's done
Back