HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Nope, Amazon was oddly absent on this deal, besides price matching their own orders. Ever since then they pulled their listing and it has only been second hand sellers listed.

I was up all night watching this deal here and on SD, and playing Crysis 2. The HP store was unreliable all night, people saying they were refreshing over and over again. I never threw my hat into that. Office Depot had them available to order, but it put you immediately on backorder. Then BB went live for ordering a little before 7 am eastern time.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info.

OD cancelled my order and they had the gall to send me a "how did your order go" survey type email this morning.

I placed my HP order Friday night at HP Home and Home Office site about two or three hours after the price drop. I finally got my order confirmation a few minutes ago (Sunday Morning).

Yay :)

Went to bestbuy this morning. Was 4th in line and 5 minutes before they opened a guy came out and said they sent the shipment back to HP so we don't have them and no best buy around the area has them. Lmao

pretty funny that people are buying them at live auction on ebay for well over $200 at the moment when they can buy fort 175 on buy it now

[quote name='Unstopabull']pretty funny that people are buying them at live auction on ebay for well over $200 at the moment when they can buy fort 175 on buy it now[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Radio Shack only had low stock. My store had 3 and sold when open.

[quote name='Jordan1080']Went to bestbuy this morning. Was 4th in line and 5 minutes before they opened a guy came out and said they sent the shipment back to HP so we don't have them and no best buy around the area has them. Lmao[/QUOTE]

translation: all the employees bought one.

[quote name='peteyrose']"Lazy"? This might be a hard concept for you to grasp, but for some people, their free time is worth much more than paying a measly extra $100.[/QUOTE]
And some people value their free time a bit too much imo. But hey, if you're content to pay someone a hundred more than the item actually costs and/or pay shipping costs on top of that, then more power to you.

But I'm on CAG for CHEAP deals and I'm not gonna pay someone more than what something is selling for MSRP at that point.

[quote name='Kylearan']Any figures on how many units HP manufactured? They could be getting a boatload back and have plentiful supply. Won't last long, but it should even prices out significantly. Isn't Amazon getting some more supply soon, too?[/QUOTE]

250k from Best Buy alone. The fire sale REALLY screwed them up though, because they were clearly right in the middle of shipping them all back when HP pulled this insanity. Expect low stock here, but HP will have a ton.

[quote name='Malice']What if I call and threaten that if they sell mine, I'll kill them all?

But really, if they DID sell it, what would happen then? Would I have to wait for them to be restocked? I thought BB was sending all their stock back to HP, but then this happens so I assume when they run out of stock they run out for good. In which case, I guess my order would be canceled?[/QUOTE]

Yup, more than likely the order would be cancelled and your money would be refunded. Personally do not recommend da murderin'. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's because people are lazy fuckin' idiots who don't wanna expend half an ounce of effort to try and get this deal for themselves and save almost $100(if buying the 16gb model).

But again, without those lazy idiots eBay would be a shadow of what it is today.;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Half an ounce of effort? You know how much fucking effort it's been for some people even on this thread?

I love how you think everyone is lazy just because they have a different price point that you do. I can understand if you paid $60 on ebay for a game that's readily available at every retailer for $40. That's lazy. But some people don't want to monitor slickdeals or cag or bb.com every minute trying to buy the touchpad for $100. What about the CAGs who bought from datavis for $125? Are they fucking lazy too? Of course not. They just figured that paying $25 is more than worth their time running around or hawking websites.

So STFU already about people being lazy just cause they have better things to do.[/QUOTE]

confoosious has the right idea here. That's why I got it through Datavis. I could've bought it when Amazon had them via Target, but they charge shipping & tax. I waited for a bit, decided it wasn't worth the hassle of HP's ever-crashing site, and paid a little extra scratch (chaco!). The demand helps. Also, it helps to know that Datavis only really marked it up enough to cover their fees.

That being said, paying anything above 140 for the 16 gig is probably very unwise, same with about 200ish for the 32 gigger.

its more likely they sold them yesterday then sent them back...i went to 4 best buys(all wiithin like a 10 mile radius) late afternoon yesterday and everyone of them was either selling them or sold out. At the one I went to that was sold out, most the employees were telling people they had sent them back, but I could tell they had actually just sold out because they had the same set up as the other best buys I went to, a bunch of empty black crates and touchpad accesorries behind the computer desk.

The Best Buy on Roosevelt Blvd in Philly [candidate for worst in the company?] is a dead end. Guy came out to inform the line that not only was this store dry, but the surrounding 4 districts. Take that with a grain of salt of course. At least they didn't make the line wait until 11.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And some people value their free time a bit too much imo. But hey, if you're content to pay someone a hundred more than the item actually costs and/or pay shipping costs on top of that, then more power to you.

But I'm on CAG for CHEAP deals and I'm not gonna pay someone more than what something is selling for MSRP at that point.[/QUOTE]

Cool your jets, broheim. 100+ is too high, but kicking in a bit more for the sake of convenience and guaranteed stock is naturally ok.

Also, no offense, but 150-175 bucks for a 10 inch tablet with Snapdragon + WebOS is probably still fine...

[quote name='jlm71176']The Best Buy on Roosevelt Blvd in Philly [candidate for worst in the company?] is a dead end. Guy came out to inform the line that not only was this store dry, but the surrounding 4 districts. Take that with a grain of salt of course. At least they didn't make the line wait until 11.[/QUOTE]

Is this the one in South Columbus near the IKEA and all that jazz? If so, meh. Never liked that place. I prefer Amazon, or if I want specific games, CEX on South Street.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And some people value their free time a bit too much imo. But hey, if you're content to pay someone a hundred more than the item actually costs and/or pay shipping costs on top of that, then more power to you.

But I'm on CAG for CHEAP deals and I'm not gonna pay someone more than what something is selling for MSRP at that point.[/QUOTE]

Ebay BIN are down to 190 for 16GB so it is only $80 more than what you could get it for after tax. When it is around $50 more i would be a buyer since there are not available around me and I can stay in the comfort of my home.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Is this the one in South Columbus near the IKEA and all that jazz? If so, meh. Never liked that place. I prefer Amazon, or if I want specific games, CEX on South Street.[/QUOTE]

No, the one up in Northeast Philly.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Cool your jets, broheim. 100+ is too high, but kicking in a bit more for the sake of convenience and guaranteed stock is naturally ok.

Also, no offense, but 150-175 bucks for a 10 inch tablet with Snapdragon + WebOS is probably still fine...[/QUOTE]
My 'jets' are cool actually. I just find it funny how many folks claim to want a great deal and then just buy from whatever source for the sake of convenience, even if it means the deal isn't really that great anymore.

I'm just glad I opted not to buy one of the netbooks from TRU during their 50% off clearance dealie a couple of weeks ago, since this is a lil bit cheaper and depending on what kind of apps I can find for it might amuse me a bit more than netbook.
[quote name='Unstopabull']Ebay BIN are down to 190 for 16GB so it is only $80 more than what you could get it for after tax. When it is around $50 more i would be a buyer since there are not available around me and I can stay in the comfort of my home.[/QUOTE]
More power to ya then. But I'd rather not put money into the pockets of a reseller, unless that reseller is ME and I'm the one making the money on these items.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My 'jets' are cool actually. I just find it funny how many folks claim to want a great deal and then just buy from whatever source for the sake of convenience, even if it means the deal isn't really that great anymore.

I'm just glad I opted not to buy one of the netbooks from TRU during their 50% off clearance dealie a couple of weeks ago, since this is a lil bit cheaper and depending on what kind of apps I can find for it might amuse me a bit more than netbook.[/QUOTE]

See, you say that, but you're about as combative as you can be. Let people decide for themselves on that sort of thing. It's not really your place to dress them down for that.

In line now, they were passing out tickets and I got one of the last 32gb tickets. 2 people in front of me got the last 16gb tickets but they got here almost an hour before me.

[quote name='Sk']Like I said I wouldn't sweat it. You'll most likely get it. Best Buy had 250k in tablets. If you don't get them today, you'll be able to get them in a month or so from now or on black friday. I'm sure HP's distributors will have entire wear houses full of them.[/QUOTE]

Just got my email about my backup radioshack order on backorder but my 32GB order from HP last Friday just updated to "Item being processed." w00t.

Redvsblue, 32 gbs isnt a bad thing to be forced into getting, games and movies fill up the space pretty quickly. Not quite the value of 16 gb, but a steal all the same.

Sk, I doubt you will see these last till black friday- at every best buy I went to, people were going nuts for em.

[quote name='sp00ge']Only 2 at this store. I got one and the family behind me g[/QUOTE]

spooge died trampled by the family behind him
R.I.P. Simpsons guy

No one is being lazy. This sh!t is like a f**king job!!!!!!!!!! If someone wants to pay 1/2 price for 1 of these, that's their business. It seems you have to have NO life and be monitoring this 'game' of a sale 24/7.

Not to mention, 90% of this thread is from people who are trying out to be 'comedians' and negative people who may have 1 on the way but keep saying they 'doubt' it. If you doubt it, then you don't deserve 1.

Damn, this thread needs a filter of all the bull***t.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']No one is being lazy. This sh!t is like a f**king job!!!!!!!!!! If someone wants to pay 1/2 price for 1 of these, that's their business. It seems you have to have NO life and be monitoring this 'game' of a sale 24/7.

Not to mention, 90% of this thread is from people who are trying out to be 'comedians' and negative people who may have 1 on the way but keep saying they 'doubt' it. If you doubt it, then you don't deserve 1.

Damn, this thread needs a filter of all the bull***t.[/QUOTE]

artrix__s_take_on_cool_face_by_theartrix-d326ggq.jpg

Got through on the HP Small Business website yesterday afternoon for a 16gb. Got my confirmation email last night. I am going to go check out Target and Best Buy about a mile away from me just for S&G's.

Have people been having luck at Radio Shack? I called one and they claimed that they wouldn't sell at the discount until it was reflected on the web, yet one store is showing the full price for the 32 GB and the other is showing the 149 price.

Also my BB told us yesterday morning (about 5 minutes before opening) that they were sending them all back (or had). Didn't see that they had a memo last evening to sell them. Going to try there at a bit before 10 am. Damn living on the west coast some times.

Costco also told us that they held a vote (?) and voted to send them all back instead of sell them at a discount. Weird.

Thanks for that link IAmTheCheapestGamer!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not sure how helpful these links will be, but Google Shopping links for the 16gb and 32gb models. Just change the zip code to your own.

16gb: http://www.google.com/products/cata...YgQeR8cjiBg&ved=0CJcBEN0LMAU&os=local-sellers#

32gb: http://www.google.com/products/cata...J8TcgQeJp_0P&ved=0CHoQ3QswAQ&os=local-sellers#[/QUOTE]

Got through on the HP Small Business Store about an hour ago. My order shows up in "Order Status" and is estimated to ship on Tuesday, the 23rd.

32gb for $159.43 after tax. I couldn't get the coupons to work, but oh well I wasn't about to wait outside of a store.

Will wait for the Order Confirmation e-mail (which I'm sure I'll get probably the day it ships if it does at all). The SMB site has let up a little bit I noticed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

More power to ya then. But I'd rather not put money into the pockets of a reseller, unless that reseller is ME and I'm the one making the money on these items.;)[/QUOTE]

dude just be quiet already. It's not just that you wouldn't do what these people do. You actively say they are fucking lazy or morons for doing so. And all that does is make you look like the small minded self centered moron. If they value their time more than you do, what's the difference to you?

I've spent hours waiting in line for concert tickets and I've also spent $500 buying them off stubhub. Does that make me smart or lazy? It's all about convenience and personal preference.

My best buy order still says "In process". I also still have the option of cancelling and my cc has not been charged yet. Oh the drama!

[quote name='peteyrose']Just speaking for myself: I make over $100 an hour at work; I can waste my time driving around stores frantically looking for a likely sold-out product and likely go home with nothing, or I can enjoy my weekend. By paying an extra $100 on ebay, I end up ahead IMO. My free time has very high value ;)[/QUOTE]

I get a little bit of a thrill of actually going out on the hunt for great deals. It's kind of rewarding to actually go out and be lucky enough to get in on a deal. It's not all about the opportunity cost for me.

[quote name='MillionBlades']What do you do for a living??? Are you a sergon????[/QUOTE]

a "sergon" makes a heck of a lot more than 100 bucks an hour

[quote name='caltab']I get a little bit of a thrill of actually going out on the hunt for great deals. It's kind of rewarding to actually go out and be lucky enough to get in on a deal. It's not all about the opportunity cost for me.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely part of the fun for me too. Getting the 16GB (hopefully) for $90 or so was the best part of this deal.

---

Actually I make about $1000/oz. I'm a sturgeon.

[quote name='caltab']I get a little bit of a thrill of actually going out on the hunt for great deals. It's kind of rewarding to actually go out and be lucky enough to get in on a deal. It's not all about the opportunity cost for me.[/QUOTE]

This.

That's exactly why I go looking for these deals. It's the thrill of looking for the deals that's the fun part. When you actually find/get them it's such a rush of adrenaline. It's positively intoxicating.;)

[quote name='cRodz']http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=hp+touchpad&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

32gb is live

dead now[/QUOTE]

I got very lucky on this - barely got an order in for one of these. Was trying to pick up one for my wife and I, but the second one came up as full price, so we're still looking for one. Assuming they don't oversell or anything. (Crosses fingers)

There are still many sites that have not updated their prices - mostly atypical sites and links, as the normal avenues get flooded pretty fast. Here are the ones I compiled, and I hope they may help someone if/when they go live.

These are all listed as in stock, as of 11:12am EST on Sunday.

Barnes & Noble - 16GB and 32GB

Buy.com (all sellers) - 16GB and 32GB

eCost.com (selectable in menu) - 16GB & 32GB (selectable in menu)

Newegg.com - 16GB and 32GB

Provantage - 16GB and 32GB

MacMall (selectable in menu) - 16GB & 32GB

Geeks.com - 16GB and 32GB

Adorama.com - 16GB and 32GB

CDW.com Inventory and Pricing - All HP Models

NextWarehouse - Model FB401UA (I don't know model numbers, sorry!)

NextDayPC.com - Various Models

BeachAudio.com (shows 50+ in stock, each model) - 16GB and 32GB

Abes of Maine - 16GB and 32GB

bread's done
Back