HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cRodz']lol wut[/QUOTE]

My mom has about 30% eye sight in one eye due to a botched cataract surgery. She can't drive anymore, and she needs larger print to read stuff. On the computer she does ok, but she needs the icons to be super big. I let her use my work iPad for a while and she loved it because she could make everything bigger by pinching and expanding. The touch screen was easier for her to use and get the information she wanted. We can't afford an iPad, or any other tablet at the MSRP, so this will be perfect for her needs. I'm hoping there's an app that will also read the on screen items to her out loud, but we'll see.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I just got mine for my 16GB, $90 after taxes.

EDIT: Mine was from HP Academy[/QUOTE]

Darn ok. I still have my order from the HP SMB, but I highly doubt it will go through.

[quote name='PaulDE01']I was there when they opened (I ordered one from BB.com this morning but was looking for accessories, none there apparently) and they were sold out...I guess they had enough for instore pickups.[/QUOTE]

I figured this was the case when I saw no one walking up with them. I'm researching accessories now, not really much to choose from.

Oh and good to see another Delaware CAG, have not seen another one around yet.

[quote name='Pck21']My mom has about 30% eye sight in one eye due to a botched cataract surgery. She can't drive anymore, and she needs larger print to read stuff. On the computer she does ok, but she needs the icons to be super big. I let her use my work iPad for a while and she loved it because she could make everything bigger by pinching and expanding. The touch screen was easier for her to use and get the information she wanted. We can't afford an iPad, or any other tablet at the MSRP, so this will be perfect for her needs. I'm hoping there's an app that will also read the on screen items to her out loud, but we'll see.

Darn ok. I still have my order from the HP SMB, but I highly doubt it will go through.[/QUOTE]

I should have mentioned I ordered mine Friday night when this thread was first posted. Got the email 15-20 min ago.

Got a CC fraud alert email/call from my VISA card.

They inquired about my:
Radioshack $499 order (32GB TP order)
HP $150 order (32GB TP order)
Walmart $99 order (GoW 3 controller bundle)
Zavvi $25 (Deus Ex CE order)
Best Buy $20 order (GoW triple pack)

All because of this damn site. lol.

Same here man. Nice to see another Delaware CAG. I bought this HP Touchpad case from Ebay, 12.49 shipped not bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Leath...ccessories&hash=item2eb69ac139#ht_1369wt_1139

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']I figured this was the case when I saw no one walking up with them. I'm researching accessories now, not really much to choose from.

Oh and good to see another Delaware CAG, have not seen another one around yet.[/QUOTE]

Dont give up on the HP Small business site, I just got through and ordered 2 of the 32gb. Each page took a very long time to load throughout the process but I do have an order number and a confirmation page with no crashes.

I ordered a BB in store pick up last night. The BB has been open for about an hour now but I haven't gotten a come pick it up email. The status says Confirming Store Inventory and I can't cancel it. Should I just wait for an email or should I head down there?

EDIT: NVM. Just got the email. Item not available. :'(

[quote name='EndAllBeAll']I ordered a BB in store pick up last night. The BB has been open for about an hour now but I haven't gotten a come pick it up email. The status says Confirming Store Inventory and I can't cancel it. Should I just wait for an email or should I head down there?[/QUOTE]
dont. wait for confirmation

[quote name='EndAllBeAll']I ordered a BB in store pick up last night. The BB has been open for about an hour now but I haven't gotten a come pick it up email. The status says Confirming Store Inventory and I can't cancel it. Should I just wait for an email or should I head down there?[/QUOTE]

Same story for me, but I can tell you about what happened this morning. Was second in line. Store only had units for those who had ordered online. No one had received a ready for pick up email and the store wouldn't release them until someone had gotten one. So now, I'm still in the holding pattern. Would've just ordered one from Amazon but I was in Toysrus with my son picking out his potential birthday presents so I missed out on that. Once they do release them, then we'll have to go through the craziness of the getting the price adjustment which the store said they would not do in-store because they were bb.com orders.

[quote name='joshrocker']I'm trying to figure out how to cancel my HP order now. I don't have the order number and they never emailed me a confirmation. I can't find a place to log into "my account" or anything on their website.[/QUOTE]

i am in same situation too ....

[quote name='Donut2922']Got a CC fraud alert email/call from my VISA card.

They inquired about my:
Radioshack $499 order (32GB TP order)
HP $150 order (32GB TP order)
Walmart $99 order (GoW 3 controller bundle)
Zavvi $25 (Deus Ex CE order)
Best Buy $20 order (GoW triple pack)

All because of this damn site. lol.[/QUOTE]
I'm shocked I didn't get a call/email from my bank regarding the penny guide transaction I made and then cancelled from BB about 2 weeks or so ago.;)

OK. I got another question.
I ordered one from the HP SMB site. I printed out the confirmation but I can't see any status when I try to look it up. The only numbers on the confirmation are Order/quote number and a customer number. When I put in the Order/Quote number, it says no orders found. When I put in the Customer number it shows an order to Dallas. I don't live in Dallas. ??

[quote name='gimmedealz']Dont give up on the HP Small business site, I just got through and ordered 2 of the 32gb. Each page took a very long time to load throughout the process but I do have an order number and a confirmation page with no crashes.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I lost all hope until I found the order search page on the HP SMB site.

If you got an order confirmation email, input the Web Order number you received into the Web Order field, and use their (HP's) date system of the day you ordered, and the order should pop up. Mine is currently at the "Admin" stage and says delivery should be 8/30. Who knows at this point, but I'm hopeful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I just pulled off a miracle. When amazon was going in and out of stock for the 16gb during the lightning deal I managed to grab one using 1-click. Unfortunately it went through at the $400 list price.

Except that was the best thing that could've happened. Amazon is running a promotion for 20% off back to school items when you use the amazon visa, which this just happens to be listed under. So I got it for $320. Why is that great? Because I just got a CSR to refund me $300 for the lightning deal price!

A 16gb Touchpad for $20! :bouncy:

[quote name='EndAllBeAll']I ordered a BB in store pick up last night. The BB has been open for about an hour now but I haven't gotten a come pick it up email. The status says Confirming Store Inventory and I can't cancel it. Should I just wait for an email or should I head down there?

EDIT: NVM. Just got the email. Item not available. :'([/QUOTE]

I just got back from my store under the same situation and one was not held for me. Of course, the kicker here is that they sold them to people who lined up this morning. :bomb:

[quote name='tossup']I think I just pulled off a miracle. When amazon was going in and out of stock for the 16gb during the lightning deal I managed to grab one using 1-click. Unfortunately it went through at the $400 list price.

Except that was the best thing that could've happened. Amazon is running a promotion for 20% off back to school items when you use the amazon visa, which this just happens to be listed under. So I got it for $320. Why is that great? Because I just got a CSR to refund me $300 for the lightning deal price!

A 16gb Touchpad for $20! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is what you call skill my friend.

[quote name='Steve0Matic']I'm taking a shot that they will. I ordered from Kmart and submitted a price protection form immediately afterward. We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I bought a couple of 32GB from the Sears website last night before the new fire sale price and before it went OOS. I called Sears CS # about 30 minutes ago and the agent price adjusted my order :whee: No hunting down these babies today :) Good luck to those who are still looking.

I saw a link in a SD's thread about signing up to see when they are back in stock at HP.com (link). I don't know how fast they will notify you though.

Looks like my mom MIGHT be happy. She was able to get an an order for in-store pickup at the Owensboro, KY store to go through this morning. She finally got the order ready for pickup message 30 minutes ago. She called to verify that if she got the ready message that someone had to physically touch the box. She's all excited too. It's kinda funny. She has been looking for a small and cheap tablet that wasn't a piece of shit. She did make sure to mention that if she drove over there after getting a ready for pickup confirmation and they didn't have one there would be hell to pay. Damn right! Hearing her get excited on a deal is just too damn funny.

Also, after looking at my order from BestBuy.com, apparently they didn't charge me sales tax. That is very odd.

[quote name='tossup']I think I just pulled off a miracle. When amazon was going in and out of stock for the 16gb during the lightning deal I managed to grab one using 1-click. Unfortunately it went through at the $400 list price.

VERY slick! Congrats!

[quote name='EndAllBeAll']OK. I got another question.
I ordered one from the HP SMB site. I printed out the confirmation but I can't see any status when I try to look it up. The only numbers on the confirmation are Order/quote number and a customer number. When I put in the Order/Quote number, it says no orders found. When I put in the Customer number it shows an order to Dallas. I don't live in Dallas. ??[/QUOTE]

I can't find a confirmation number or anything. I didn't print out the sheet and my iPad refreshed on me and I got the error message after that. I really want to cancel the order after I scored an amazon one but can't figure out how to.

I'm hoping HP cancels my order on me, which is what I thought they'd do after I ordered it anyway. After they tweeted that there would more available however I'm afraid I'll actually get "lucky".

[quote name='bgame2']Same story for me, but I can tell you about what happened this morning. Was second in line. Store only had units for those who had ordered online. No one had received a ready for pick up email and the store wouldn't release them until someone had gotten one. So now, I'm still in the holding pattern. Would've just ordered one from Amazon but I was in Toysrus with my son picking out his potential birthday presents so I missed out on that. Once they do release them, then we'll have to go through the craziness of the getting the price adjustment which the store said they would not do in-store because they were bb.com orders.[/QUOTE]

Finally got my pick up emails. Now on to price adjustments.

[quote name='joshrocker']I can't find a confirmation number or anything. I didn't print out the sheet and my iPad refreshed on me and I got the error message after that. I really want to cancel the order after I scored an amazon one but can't figure out how to.

I'm hoping HP order cancels my order on me, which is what I thought they'd do after I ordered it anyway. After they tweeted that there would more available however I'm afraid I'll actually get "lucky".[/QUOTE]

If your HP does in fact go through, put some good karma on yourself and sell one on here to a CAG for cost+shipping. Most of us actually want to use it, not resell it. It's a thought! :applause::)

Woo! Figured out how to close some apps. There are a bunch of nice free ones. I have jazz playing in the background with some NPR news reading. Wow, this thing is awesome. I don't think I will be getting any sleep anytime soon. Good luck to those hoping to score one. The 2nd one I ordered can't be canceled on Best Buy's website so hopefully that will go through. My sister is interested in one, so unfortunately I'll probably be giving it to her.

I went through Amazon at the link that the guy had posted - it showed full price... But over to the right, I saw a box that said "This item also available as a lightning deal" I clicked, saw 65% claimed, entered my password, typed my CC# and the order was confirmed. That was just luck. I am very excited to have one of these on the way. I'll have to take off the day it arrives, since there are some sketchy fuckers around here. Ended up that I had $27 in Amazon credit lying around there. $74 shipped (did free shipping. I am not paying $10 for shipping...)

Not a bad deal for those that are finding them.

Before going the extra mile, don't forget there are a TON of Android tablets languishing on shelves. Somethings gotta give, and I expect some nice deals before the end of the year.

gosh damnit. my mom would love to have one of these especially at this price!!! I just wasted time and money at disneyland yesterday and missed a great deal. F YOU MICKY MOUSE!!!

Deal of the year! :applause:

[quote name='gimmedealz']Dont give up on the HP Small business site, I just got through and ordered 2 of the 32gb. Each page took a very long time to load throughout the process but I do have an order number and a confirmation page with no crashes.[/QUOTE]

I think i got through and ordered a 32gb.
Those pages took forever to load on my ipad, but they worked. Kinda excited to see how this all tuens out.
Went to best buy at 11, they announced there were none in the greater Boston area. Incredible how they disappeared from the market.

Since there is no support, why is everyone buying these? Just for the simple use of having an Touchpad that is cheap? Cause if you run into issues with it you are going to be out in the cold? I even thought about getting one but, I just don't need it, most people probably don't need them that are buying them. (Climbs into flame retardent bombshell)

Crap, just got off a chat with kmart.com, I picked the wrong version I ordered the 16 gb and not the 32 gb. It seems they will price adjust the 32gb one currently, but the not 16gb. This is because technically the sears site shows it as $150, however both sites (kmart and sears) still have the 16gb full price. So i told the guy basically I could have gotten the more expensive model for cheaper if I had just ordered the 32gb.... So if you ordered the 32gb you should get the price adjust. He did say the 16gb became available again they could offer the price adjust. I'm thinking it will be available again as a lot of people will return or cancel orders if they do not get the price match.

Kinda glad I'm late to the party with this. It's one of those things I def would have bought at this price, but probably would have been like "why did I buy this?" a month later.

[quote name='Jabrim']Since there is no support, why is everyone buying these? Just for the simple use of having an Touchpad that is cheap? Cause if you run into issues with it you are going to be out in the cold? I even thought about getting one but, I just don't need it, most people probably don't need them that are buying them. (Climbs into flame retardent bombshell)[/QUOTE]

Why you no good little son of a...! JK!! :D;)

It's personal preference. There may not be support from HP, but you can certainly find assistance through the, now ever expanding, customer base via the internet. ifixit.com now has a tear down on their website so you can fix the thing yourself if you have the will to do so. I want it because it runs Flash and the full web browser experience, but it's easier for my family to navigate the internet with as well. Full desktops and laptops can be confusing to some people. Tablets simplify the process for a more enjoyable experience. It's definitely not for everyone though! :bouncy:

[quote name='PikaPichu']What issue could one run into? If there's a hardware issue, will hp still cover it under warranty?[/QUOTE]

1 year for hardware, 90 days for software.

[quote name='skiizim']Just found this on the BB.com website http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/HP-TouchPad-FAQs/td-p/315434

There going to enforce this, There is a strict limit of one of each hardware SKU unit per customer.
[/QUOTE]
Update 11:25am CST 08/21/11:
Due to limited availability of the HP Touchpad, some BestBuy.com orders have been canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience and do not anticipate any additional inventory.
no cancel e-mail for me yet, things lookin good :D

HP isn't going out of business, the touchpad is still under the expressed warranty included. The fact that you cannot return it does not mean they do not have to honor their warranty if you have any issues with the hardware.

[quote name='Pck21']Why you no good little son of a...! JK!! :D;)

It's personal preference. There may not be support from HP, but you can certainly find assistance through the, now ever expanding, customer base via the internet. ifixit.com now has a tear down on their website so you can fix the thing yourself if you have the will to do so. I want it because it runs Flash and the full web browser experience, but it's easier for my family to navigate the internet with as well. Full desktops and laptops can be confusing to some people. Tablets simplify the process for a more enjoyable experience. It's definitely not for everyone though! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah good points, wouldn't mind having one just to play around with but, I can get a lot of other crap to play around with for $100 or $150. To each their own, enjoy.

[quote name='Jabrim']Since there is no support, why is everyone buying these? Just for the simple use of having an Touchpad that is cheap? Cause if you run into issues with it you are going to be out in the cold? I even thought about getting one but, I just don't need it, most people probably don't need them that are buying them. (Climbs into flame retardent bombshell)[/QUOTE]

HP isn't going out of business, the touchpad is still under the expressed warranty included. The fact that you cannot return it does not mean they do not have to honor their warranty if you have any issues with the hardware. Sure, they might no have many updates to their OS, but the touchpad itself is covered. Having spent a few hours with the thing, the OS runs perfectly well as is and doesnt really need any updates.

bread's done
Back