HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrn111']Its still crazy to see the commercials for these things @ $399. The guys over at HP can not be happy about this mess.[/QUOTE]

Im sure they are not happy about paying millions to those stars to do the commercials either but it is there own fault

There are 750+ of these for sale on eBay right now only choosing Buy It Now. Add in the auction style only listings and this is catastrophic flooding. I'm guessing as more and more people undercut each other lowering the price further and further a lot of people are going to "jump ship" and take minimal profits...maybe even just enough to cover their fees and shipping.

If you didn't get one for $99 or $149 I'm sure you'll be able to pick these up soon for maybe $20-$25 more. I believe the majority of these tablets were absolutely hoarded for flipping, be patient.

I've given up on trying to locate one of these from an online retailer or B&M store. Just not worth the fucking headache.

Holy shit was that difficult but I think I just order one from MacMall. Had to refresh and start over for about an hour but I think it finally went through using my Paypal account.

Was no tac and free shipping.

Wow, 81? fuck that guy. I hate assholes who hoard shit and resell it so the rest of us can't get them. Hopefully he can't sell any of them and loses money. Giant douchebag, but it is SD, the internet cesspool of douchebaggery.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I guess I'll have to keep looking. Good job to everyone that found one![/QUOTE]

You can try calling Macmall since their website is toast. 1-800-MACMALL

[quote name='killer9']even if he only sells them at 110-120 each he still makes money but 8000 dollars is crazy[/QUOTE]

At BEST he's making a $10 profit on each. If he thinks that's worth $800 and the HUGE risk (doubt he'd get that many returns, there's usually a 2-3 per customer limit) ,well then... dumbass SDer :lol:

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Convinced MacMall is a no go. Their website is pretty much fucked now. Same for OnSale.[/QUOTE]

Got one to go through on MacMall but it took a loot of page refreshing and starting over.

I am not technology savy, and I can use a tablet for my nursing program. I'm curious what platform would the HP Touch Pad lie under between these categories??

Palm OS 3.5 or Higher
Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Smart Phone
Blackberry 4.1 or Higher
Windows Desktop PC
iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad 3.0 or Higher
Android

For those who have it, how is it??

Thanks in advance!!

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']There are 750+ of these for sale on eBay right now only choosing Buy It Now. Add in the auction style only listings and this is catastrophic flooding. I'm guessing as more and more people undercut each other lowering the price further and further a lot of people are going to "jump ship" and take minimal profits...maybe even just enough to cover their fees and shipping.

If you didn't get one for $99 or $149 I'm sure you'll be able to pick these up soon for maybe $20-$25 more. I believe the majority of these tablets were absolutely hoarded for flipping, be patient.

I've given up on trying to locate one of these from an online retailer or B&M store. Just not worth the fucking headache.[/QUOTE]

This weekend reminds me of the PS3 launch. I expect that pricing for these will follow suit.

[quote name='nerdstar_ink']I am not technology savy, and I can use a tablet for my nursing program. I'm curious what platform would the HP Touch Pad lie under between these categories??

Palm OS 3.5 or Higher
Blackberry 4.1 or Higher
Windows Desktop PC
Android

Thanks in advance!![/QUOTE]

its webos 3.01 sumthing with the update

Got shafted at 3 Walmarts with managers refusing to update the price only to find they sold/bought them 5 minutes later, yesterday.

Ordered one at 6am this morning at a best buy 40 minutes away. Got a confirmation at 9 for in store pickup. So put the mrs. in the car and grabbed lunch close by the best buy. Walked in ready to throw down if I wasted my time. But there it was, in a stack of 5. Handed it to me and I was thrilled. I walked through the store to check clearance games and an employee shook his hands in the air for victory, smiled an honest smile, and said congratulations.

Best Buy, faith restored ... for now. ;)

[quote name='nerdstar_ink']I am not technology savy, and I can use a tablet for my nursing program. I'm curious what platform would the HP Touch Pad lie under between these categories??

Palm OS 3.5 or Higher
Blackberry 4.1 or Higher
Windows Desktop PC
Android

WebOS is the successor to Palm OS. Not sure if that helps.

[quote name='RealDeals']At BEST he's making a $10 profit on each. If he thinks that's worth $800 and the HUGE risk (doubt he'd get that many returns, there's usually a 2-3 per customer limit) ,well then... dumbass SDer :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol: He's making way more than $10 profit on each tablet. The market has fallen, but not to that level.

Palm OS 3.5 or Higher
Blackberry 4.1 or Higher
Windows Desktop PC
Android

Technically, (The only way that matters)
You can.

it's WebOS not palm.
and Android is being ported over..

Palm OS 3.5 or Higher
Blackberry 4.1 or Higher
Windows Desktop PC
Android

Id bet this has the ability to have Android on it within the next few weeks or months with the sudden interest and efforts going into bringing Honeycomb over. Hopefully that will be an easy process, but Id think this would be fine for your nursing class regardless

Palm OS 3.5 or Higher
Blackberry 4.1 or Higher
Windows Desktop PC
Android

It depends on the nursing program actually. The HP Touchpad runs the WebOS 3.0 operating system. The operating systems you mentioned don't really fall into that category. With that being said, you can always give it a shot and see what happens. WebOS is a small market operating system so they could've not listed it for whatever reason.

Is your program web based? The reason I ask is because if it is, then the Touchpad should work with it because it has the full web experience with both Flash and HTML 5 technologies. Hope that helps!

What is HP doing with these SMB orders? From Twitter:

If you have rec'd a confirmation. - you are considered 'next in line' when new batch of TouchPads come in.

SMB store plans to fill as many of those orders as they can as soon as next batch comes in. Consider your #touchpad on reserve for now.

Those who purchased from SMB site, here is what I know. If you purchased and rec'd confirmation ystday - you are on backorder. BUT..

Have some news for those of you who purchased on the SMB site the other day. Hang tight. Update coming shortly.

http://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP

[quote name='Doomtime']:lol: He's making way more than $10 profit on each tablet. The market has fallen, but not to that level.[/QUOTE]

It's probably cost him around $120 with tax?shipping to get each one. Considering he'd have to ship it again and Ebay/Paypal Royalties, he'd have to sell for around $150-160 to turn a $10 profit. Soon the same scum resellers will continue to undercut each other (it's already started), I'd say $10 is a pretty generous estimate.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']There are 750+ of these for sale on eBay right now only choosing Buy It Now. Add in the auction style only listings and this is catastrophic flooding. I'm guessing as more and more people undercut each other lowering the price further and further a lot of people are going to "jump ship" and take minimal profits...maybe even just enough to cover their fees and shipping.

I've given up on trying to locate one of these from an online retailer or B&M store. Just not worth the fucking headache.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right on the money. I spent about 15 minutes looking for it online and finally got an order in, but I'm practically expecting it to be cancelled. But I'm not going to waste more time and energy on it today because I agree that in a week there will be plenty on ebay and elsewhere for the slightly higher price you mentioned.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']People are selling the 16GB all over Ebay for $200-$300, and they seem to be selling like hot cakes.[/QUOTE]

stupid people thinking they are getting a deal

What is the vibe on the onsale run. Are they out of stock or did amazon pull them? Is this a too good to be true. Imo I feel good but that might just be hope.

I gave up trying to find one and I'm not paying over cost. It sold purely on price as I doubt the majority of people bought it because they were dying to get a WebOS tablet. I honestly don't even know what I'd do with it other than having a $100 tablet.

[quote name='killer9']stupid people thinking they are getting a deal[/QUOTE]
$200 for a nice HP 16GB tablet is still a good deal.

I'm gonna hold off though. I expect them to drop below $150 within a few days.

Got 2 from HP Small Business yesterday. Just got my confirm email this morning. Heck yeah, now to wait for Android on it.

Palm OS 3.5 or Higher
Blackberry 4.1 or Higher
Windows Desktop PC
Android

I'm also looking to use it for similar medical type programs. Be aware that most programs (actually all that I've looked for) do NOT have a WebOS version yet. The WebOS is pretty new and low market share and now that its gone, there's a good chance nothing technical will be made for it.

I took a chance that I could still use it. If Android is ported to the Touchpad, then there will be tons of usability.

I looked at the link. Skyscape works primarily on Apple iOS and Android and also Blackberry to some degree. No Windows Phone 7, no Palm and no WebOS yet but there is possible workaround with Windows Phone 7 (actually trying to use Windows Phone 6 software) but I gave up trying to do it.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']There is only one hole which allows a paperclip, but nothing happens when I try that. Its probably for the device used to open/service the tablet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the hole that you stuck a pin in is the mic, and I hope you didn't damage it.

I pulled the reset info from...
http://www.hpwebos.com/us/support/handbooks/touchpad/HP_TouchPad_UG.pdf

[quote name='ferrari91169']Was posted earlier in this thread as a reply to you by Ronin317. Glad it worked for you though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude...

Friends, ALL of the OnSale orders are showing "Shipping soon."

And according to HP, the SMB site was out of stock 22 hours ago.

"If you have rec'd a confirmation. - you are considered 'next in line' when new batch of TouchPads come in."

I can go out and purchase an iTouch for safety, but the tablet is very hard to ignore, especially at that price. And it's required for clinicals and textbooks via apps. I just don't want to spend money on something that I cannot use for future purposes...

If anyone happens to end up with an extra 16gig from either a double order or whatever reason, and is willing to part with it please get with me. I would still like to get one of these for my daughters Christmas present.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='nerdstar_ink']The description of what I need for the nursing program is on this website:

http://www.skyscape.com/smartrain/smartraindb.aspx?data=OojjmVSpLQp9gPo4ir7JQAcWIkfuDVg%2bItvXY%2bj379%2brqL5mmpU1mvruJ6rhsgSWF0KSTrDn%2f2TN8arLD245WA%3d%3d&WT.mc_id=34235

Thanks a lot for helping me out guys!![/QUOTE]
Hmm, looks like some sort of packaged e-book format if those texts are available for all those wildly different platforms. Without actually seeing what you receive, I'd almost guess it might be as simple as a PDF. However, what gives me pause is that you have the option to rent or buy, meaning there'd have to be some sort of DRM involved, which in turn means the file would really need to be specifically coded for what OS it will be read in.

[quote name='Kolgar']What is HP doing with these SMB orders? From Twitter:

If you have rec'd a confirmation. - you are considered 'next in line' when new batch of TouchPads come in.

SMB store plans to fill as many of those orders as they can as soon as next batch comes in. Consider your #touchpad on reserve for now.

Those who purchased from SMB site, here is what I know. If you purchased and rec'd confirmation ystday - you are on backorder. BUT..

Have some news for those of you who purchased on the SMB site the other day. Hang tight. Update coming shortly.

http://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP[/QUOTE]

I was going to post the same updates. It sounds like if you received a confirmation then you're on track to receive one. They are getting stock from a warehouse, which means...

"Regarding 'next batch' coming in.. it's called a warehouse. No more being made, but have inventory coming from ones already manufactured." -@BrynaAtHP

Sweet! :applause:

[quote name='kolgar']friends, all of the onsale orders are showing "shipping soon."

and according to hp, the smb site was out of stock 22 hours ago.

"if you have rec'd a confirmation. - you are considered 'next in line' when new batch of touchpads come in."[/quote]

nvm

[quote name='Troopa']Site is already going down, lol.[/QUOTE]

It was for me to. Be persisten for 10 minutes. It takes a while to load the page but once it loads and you add it to your cart. Everything moves at normal speed.

[quote name='Pck21']I was going to post the same updates. It sounds like if you received a confirmation then you're on track to receive one. They are getting stock from a warehouse, which means...

"Regarding 'next batch' coming in.. it's called a warehouse. No more being made, but have inventory coming from ones already manufactured." -@BrynaAtHP

Sweet! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Even this notification site is getting hammered...

Just checked on the processed of my Best Buy order and it says:

"Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days."

This is good right ? :)

[quote name='gepet0']nvm[/QUOTE]

I'm saying it's either great news for all of the OnSale orders or great news for a very few of them.

And HP SMB, I have no idea what that means because HP has failed to send me either a confirmation email or a cancellation email--and I've missed out on opportunities from other sellers in the meantime.

Oh, and the latest from their Twitter:

Re: SMB site: if your card was charged + rec'd order # but NO conf. email you R backrorder. Depending on inventory - fingers crossed.

bread's done
Back