HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more updates from @BrynaAtHP...

"Re: SMB site: if your card was charged + rec'd order # but NO conf. email you R backrorder. Depending on inventory - fingers crossed."

"Thing to remember: Home & Home office store is a different store from SMB store. Different inventory, different ordering process."

I bet SquareTrade will have one of their warranty sales in the next week to ten days so they can pick up lots of warranty sales on new TouchPads.

Dear DAVID ,
Thank you for shopping through ShopDiscover. The Cashback Bonus you've earned is currently $6.35.

guess its safe to say my HP.com was shipped. im surprised it went through considering majority of it got canceled.

i didnt know amazon had a lighting deal on the 32GB. did it go for $150?

[quote name='Pck21']Some more updates from @BrynaAtHP...

"Re: SMB site: if your card was charged + rec'd order # but NO conf. email you R backrorder. Depending on inventory - fingers crossed."

"Thing to remember: Home & Home office store is a different store from SMB store. Different inventory, different ordering process."[/QUOTE]
So if my order was never processed in the SMB store and my card hasnt been charged, my order is canceled? Never got any sort of notifications, and I ordered the tablet after the stock was gone after various refreshings and switching browers.

[quote name='david12795']Dear DAVID ,
Thank you for shopping through ShopDiscover. The Cashback Bonus you've earned is currently $6.35.

guess its safe to say my HP.com was shipped. im surprised it went through considering majority of it got canceled.

i didnt know amazon had a lighting deal on the 32GB. did it go for $150?[/QUOTE]

yes

More from the Twitter universe...

"SMB store: If you were charged + got order #, hang on 2 ur hats & hope you get one. U R backordered. More coming. BUT 1st come, 1st served."

"Home & Home office: Out of stock. But more coming. Sign up here for notification: http://t.co/cQkzKCW"

I'm not sure if that means people who received all 3 criteria (email confirmation, order number, and charged) are good to go, and people who were only charged and received an order number are back ordered or what? Kinda confusing.

[quote name='da2730da']So if my order was never processed in the SMB store and my card hasnt been charged, my order is canceled? Never got any sort of notifications, and I ordered the tablet after the stock was gone after various refreshings and switching browers.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think so. If you didn't receive an order number or were charged, then I don't believe the order even went through.

So what's the B&M situation like? It's a bit unwieldy to go through 150 pages to find people's experiences about B&M (and most posts seem to be about buying it online or waiting on HP to deliver).

So, I guess we're all hoping and praying that HP doesn't kill webOS support suddenly and/or a hacker figures out how to put Android on this? That and the fact Palm has failed me before back in their PDA days, I'm not really sure if I want to buy into the madness.

[quote name='shrike4242']I bet SquareTrade will have one of their warranty sales in the next week to ten days so they can pick up lots of warranty sales on new TouchPads.[/QUOTE]

how much would it be on a $150 item?

[quote name='imacgod']So what's the B&M situation like? It's a bit unwieldy to go through 150 pages to find people's experiences about B&M (and most posts seem to be about buying it online or waiting on HP to deliver).

So, I guess we're all hoping and praying that HP doesn't kill webOS support suddenly and/or a hacker figures out how to put Android on this? That and the fact Palm has failed me before back in their PDA days, I'm not really sure if I want to buy into the madness.[/QUOTE]

From the sounds of it the Droid port is already in the process. And WebOS is still going to be supported just not the hardware of the tablet.

[quote name='jbrun85']So, my order was charged and recieved confirmation but i did not get an email with only the order number. Am i good?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Looks like we are "backordered." I said FU to HP and ordered one from CostCentral.com. Will cancel my HP SMB order tomorrow.

1zoeo0y.jpg

FML
ordered the 19th
no confirmation
no cancellation
yet so much agony and uncertainty

i really wanted those multiuse papers

[quote name='cRodz']

FML
ordered the 19th
no confirmation
no cancellation

i really wanted those multiuse papers[/QUOTE]

Joke? The order number is to the left of what you cropped.

Heh. SquareTrade accepts original email invoice/receipt even the pricetag is still $399.99 for teh 16gb. SquareTrade will approve and keep on record for future reference. For whatever reason if mine were broke the only option I would take is full refund and not those price adjusted one.

Well, i just ordered from Cost Central and received a confirmation.
Expecting a cancellation tomorrow but we will see......

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']Finally got through at CostCentral, says 7115 in stock.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 32 gb through Cost Central over an hour ago. The stock for the 16 gb has been 7115 for over 2 hours and the 32 gb has been a little over 10,000. I forget the exact number on the 32 gb and the site won't load. They haven't updated the stock number at all and the site has been getting hammered do to the SD effect.

Placed an order for one 32GB from HP for $135 after $30 off coupon. I got a confirmed email today and the order was placed friday.

Ordered 2-32GB from Office Depot for $299, no ide if they'll ship though but the money has been taken for them.

Picked up 2-16GB at a local Wal-Mart just to cover myself if the others don't ship.

I wanted 2-32GB from the start of the firesale so I'll gift the others or trade.

[quote name='jbrun85']So, my order was charged and recieved confirmation but i did not get an email with only the order number. Am i good?[/QUOTE]

Huh? If you received a confirmation email then your order number should be in there. It's not 2 emails if that's what you're wondering.

Some people received a confirmation email, but the confirmation number was just a bunch of # symbols without actual numbers.

[quote name='cRodz']
1zoeo0y.jpg

FML
ordered the 19th
no confirmation
no cancellation

Your order number should be there on the left. Did you receive any kind of email from HP at all? Checked your spam folder and all of that?

Grabbed two 32GB from Amazon. One for me, one for the girlfriend. As with all AmEx purchases, if you purchase with an American Express, they will double the one year warranty for free. That could be particularly handy in this case. Especially if you don't want to shell out extra for a SquareTrade.

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']Finally got through at CostCentral, says 7115 in stock.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but it will probably be canceled. Apparently it was still at 7119 at like 4pm EST today.

[quote name='cRodz']
1zoeo0y.jpg

FML
ordered the 19th
no confirmation
no cancellation

You should be fine. If you ordered on friday before 12:30 am central time you should get your unit. I called today since I didn't get a confirmation and my status didn't change. I spoke to a representative and she said my order was both confirmed and authorized to ship on monday or tuesday depending on volume. From my understand those that ordered on the small biz site yesterday and today are the ones facing being on a backorder list. Bottom line HP needs to not have so many flipping stores. That just lends to the confusion.

More from Twitter...

"If you were charged + got order # but NO confirmation email. Up to you if you want to cancel, but worth a shot 2 hang in there. More coming."

Hm, my card has been charged but it's saying no order found when I look at the order number. I went through onSale, I'm probably just being paranoid but hopefully I'm worrying over nothing.

[quote name='Sk']You should be fine. If you ordered on friday before 12:30 am central time you should get your unit. I called today since I didn't get a confirmation and my status didn't change. I spoke to a representative and she said my order was both confirmed and authorized to ship on monday or tuesday depending on volume. From my understand those that ordered on the small biz site yesterday and today are the ones facing being on a backorder list. Bottom line HP needs to not have so many flipping stores. That just lends to the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I ordered yesterday morning and received an email confirmation, order number, and was charged. So just check and be sure you got all 3. If you only got 2, then you will be back ordered is all.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Hm, my card has been charged but it's saying no order found when I look at the order number. I went through onSale, I'm probably just being paranoid but hopefully I'm worrying over nothing.[/QUOTE]

These tweets only pertain to people who ordered through HP's Small Business website. Onsale has their own order numbers and stock not related to HP's.

Ok I could be wrong about my situation...

"Chances R good IF 1) were charged 2) got order # email 3) sent another final confirmation email. If one of those is missing...don't hate me."

I only got charged and a confirmation email, but not "order # email." Hm.

[quote name='Pck21']Huh? If you received a confirmation email then your order number should be in there. It's not 2 emails if that's what you're wondering.

Some people received a confirmation email, but the confirmation number was just a bunch of # symbols without actual numbers.

[/QUOTE]

OK, that helps clear it up a bit. It seemed to me that people got order numbers that were separate from confirmation emails.

I am still a bit confused though. Am I guaranteed to get my order, or I just have to wait and see what happens?

I got the impression that there were 3 types of orders.
Fulfilled
Next In Line
Backordered

[quote name='AoA']I'm also looking to use it for similar medical type programs. Be aware that most programs (actually all that I've looked for) do NOT have a WebOS version yet. The WebOS is pretty new and low market share and now that its gone, there's a good chance nothing technical will be made for it.

I took a chance that I could still use it. If Android is ported to the Touchpad, then there will be tons of usability.

I looked at the link. Skyscape works primarily on Apple iOS and Android and also Blackberry to some degree. No Windows Phone 7, no Palm and no WebOS yet but there is possible workaround with Windows Phone 7 (actually trying to use Windows Phone 6 software) but I gave up trying to do it.[/QUOTE]

WebOS has actually been around for over 2 years now. It originally debuted with the Palm Pre back in June of 2009. The touchpad is the first, and likely only, tablet that will carry WebOS. The problem isn't really that it is new, the problem is that it never really gained any traction in terms of market share.

I dont troll (at least not in this site)

I meant that since i dont have an email saying that they will ship it or not, i am pretty much nowhere in terms of certainty that the item will actually come.
GAH

SD has reported that some orders on the 19th were being cancelled. HPA, EPP coupon orders yeah those were being cancelled.
So far i managed to avoid the cancellation email but i am also awaiting for a confirmation.
It also appears that many SMB people who ordered one from that glitchy site are receiving confirmation or cancellation emails and some even shipped apparently.

I knew i should have picked 1 day shipping. damn it.
If anything, HP is trolling me

[quote name='jbrun85']OK, that helps clear it up a bit. It seemed to me that people got order numbers that were separate from confirmation emails.

I am still a bit confused though. Am I guaranteed to get my order, or I just have to wait and see what happens?

I got the impression that there were 3 types of orders.
Fulfilled
Next In Line
Backordered[/QUOTE]

No, I think you're right. It appears that there were actually 2 emails along with the cc being charged. I was unaware of that as my confirmation email contains my order number. I figured they were one in the same...guess not. So if you got...

1.) Order number email
2.) Credit card charged
3.) Confirmation email

Then you should be getting a tablet soon. If you only got 2 of those things, then you're officially backordered and waiting for stock to come back from the warehouse. No one knows that exact amount of Touchpads that are in the warehouse.

YES!!! My Amazon order is shipped!!! Got mine from Amazon not OnSale.

First my $140 BRAND NEW PS3(the gift cards were Visa gift card interchangeable), now this!!!!!!

WOOP!!!!!!!

:.)

[quote name='aspen1284']So are these $99 in store at Walmart or are they price matching? Im so lost.... Will this still be going on tomorrow at Wally World?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt these will be in any store tomorrow. Your best bet right now is hoping for an online store to get them back in stock.

I ordered one from Office Depot (plus back-ordered one); one from HP SMB; and one from OnSale via Amazon. I've gotten order confirmation emails for all of them, but so far nothing has been charged according to my card's site. I may have three coming or none. I wish I knew if I could stop trying to buy one. :whistle2:\

EDIT: Forgot that I ordered one from Kmart, too. Yeesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pck21']These tweets only pertain to people who ordered through HP's Small Business website. Onsale has their own order numbers and stock not related to HP's.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I wasn't referring to the tweets, just was confused why it wasn't showing up on amazon when I clicked the order number in my email

I was able to call Best Buy this afternoon while at work and they confirmed they had my store pick up order ready. I asked them if it would be okay if I picked it up tomorrow, and I was told they would hold it for me. Here's hoping....

My Office Depot order still says "3 Day Shipping Pending", while my Best Buy online order says "Order Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days."

So I am hopeful I'll get at least one of these three orders!

bread's done
Back