HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to say that anyone who has an extra I would like one 16 or 32, missed out on the deal, PM me if you have an extra, I hope some one gets some for the community... : )

[quote name='admiralvic']"Order Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days"

I dont see anything else.[/QUOTE]

I got this message too. Good luck

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Damn. I was charged and got the order confirmation email but no order # email. However, there's an order # within that email. I'm hoping for the best.[/QUOTE]

/sigh, same boat as you. Wouldn't care too much normally, but a $133 charge that's gone through pending and is sitting on my statement is not good by me.

My two have moved to shipping soon. God, I hope they do ship!

I went back an ordered a third for my friend at work and that one hasn't moved nor has my card been authorized for that one. It'll suck for him if it doesn't pan out :whistle2:#

[quote name='DJ_Tet']I'm looking for an extra as well, got a 32gb from HP (hopefully)

But I'd love to get a 16 or 32 for my gf's autistic nephew. The touchpads are supposed to be very good for kids with severe autism (he's not one of those socially awkward dorks that obsesses on message boards, like us, he like can't function or talk.)

So anyway, I hope we can find an extra for him.[/QUOTE]

Yes, actually they're wonderful with children with disabilities. I work for a school district and we got a small shipment of iPads in when they first came out. We immediately took them to a special ed room to see what they could do in a classroom with kids who could not communicate.

I was blown away.

One kid who could not communicate at all, much like your gf's autistic cousin, played with it for a while with a confused look on his face. Then he found a text to speech app we installed, and he was typing away! Mind you this was a kid that had zero, zip, nada communication with the teachers the entire year. All at once, with this device alone, he was communicating for the first time in a long time. It was mind blowing.

If you find apps that he will like, then it will be an instant hit. Best of luck!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']/sigh, same boat as you. Wouldn't care too much normally, but a $133 charge that's gone through pending and is sitting on my statement is not good by me.[/QUOTE]

Yep I'm in the same boat too. I'm wondering if she (Twitter chick) was misunderstood or something. According to her I only got 1 email and a credit card hit, and that's not good enough. Seems to me I got all 3 pieces of the puzzle with a confirmation order (order # included) and the charge. We'll see tomorrow!

I have to say that this has been the most frustrated I've felt since the LE MGS4 PS3s were released.

I was actually at the very last step of the order process on the HP Small Business site (hit submit with all of my order info including CC#) and it went into "processing order" when the server just crashed. I never got any kind of confirmation, so I'm sure I'm SOL.

If anyone has any extras (prefer 32) then please PM me.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I have to say that this has been the most frustrated I've felt since the LE MGS4 PS3s were released.

I was actually at the very last step of the order process on the HP Small Business site (hit submit with all of my order info including CC#) and it went into "processing order" when the server just crashed. I never got any kind of confirmation, so I'm sure I'm SOL.

If anyone has any extras (prefer 32) then please PM me.[/QUOTE]

You totally are gonna ignore the fact that smb has been OOS for about 25 hours now aren't you..

Wow, I missed a hundred pages since offering my 2 years of webOS experience as help. Sorry about that. Here are a few questions I found while skimming and I'll answer them best I can.

[quote name='Nagasami']How easy it is to get the right format movie file to play on the touchpad?
Any word office to make documents on it?

It comes with a read only version of quick office and they promise a full version soon. Google docs works great on it though.l

[quote name='Collectordragon']Can you disable wi-fi on this?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='CGlade']For those of you who managed to get one of these, definitely check out this guide:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-news/how-to-improve-the-performance-of-your-new-hp-touchpad/3866

The touchpad is slow and cumbersome until you run some patches and hacks. Then it's pretty fast! :)[/QUOTE]
Eh, it's not that slow. But 3.02 did make it faster. Then it's usable. But once you run the easy patches and overclock it, it's a demon.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I don't know. A lot of my initial excitement from getting a 16 from Amazon was quashed when I saw that there is no Netflix streaming. That kills about 80% of the functionality that I was going to get from it...[/QUOTE]
Netflix was promised back in feb and sadly hasn't come yet. However, it's incredibly easy to get netflix to work through playON and other stuff like it.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']My wife and I were able to get 2 at Best Buy yesterday, and I just cancelled my orders from hp.com. Does anyone know of any spreadsheet software/apps that can be used on this?[/QUOTE]
Quckoffice is read only. Use google docs till the full version comes out.

[quote name='Ronin317']Trying to download the update for WebOS is fucking useless at this point. it's been failing for 4 hours now.[/QUOTE]
I imagine. By most estimates there are upwards of 200k new touchpad owners trying to do it.
You can install it manually connected via usb to your computer here.

[quote name='sundoro']Lack of hardware updates and support for this will be the biggest determining factor. WebOS has such a small market share as it is that a fire sale of this magnitude couldn't be all that appealing to other hardware developers.

The timing of this coincides with Google's not-quite-settled acquisition of Motorola and their patents. Either HP is getting skiddish about their place in the market, or they sense that hardware manufacturers are getting shy of Google and may be looking for a mobile OS alternative. Either way, this is temporary and Google and Apple will continue to have a stronghold on the mobile market, and I have my doubts about Google.[/QUOTE]

Rumors are coming out that HP tried to get a licensing deal in (likely with Samsung and/or HTC) before this announcement had to hit and they didn't make it. There is a lot of winking going on in the webOS division of HP that an announcement is immenent within 2 weeks.

Even still, depending on what your needs really are, there are a lot of great apps for it already. Far more than honeycomb had (and arguably has still) at launch.

This thread is moving so fast, please PM me if you have any questions about your new Touchpad and I'll paste it in here.

I should also mention that the HP case is practically a necessity for this thing. So is the touchstone. The touchstone is one of the coolest things about all webOS devices.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You totally are gonna ignore the fact that smb has been OOS for about 25 hours now aren't you..[/QUOTE]I did this while it was marked as IN STOCK on the website. Do you think I'm some kind of idiot? Think before you post....

Not aimed at anyone in this thread asking for them but I was just thinking we're gonna get a slew of craigslist ads begging for these tablets because they are really poor and their christmas tree in july was robbed...

[quote name='thrustbucket']Sorry for multi-posting but I just saw this and it will be a fantastic starting guide for new touchpad owners, just put up minutes ago:
http://www.precentral.net/new-touchpad-tips-apps-accessories

I'd recommend this get stickied.[/QUOTE]

bookmarked. thanks

[quote name='bowlzer']So... Uhh...

Does it play Farmville?[/QUOTE]

I hate you.

:lol: :D ;)

Seems like the news is becoming slower and slower tonight. I think I'm gonna head out to bed since I have work in the morning. Good luck to those who ordered today!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Wow, I missed a hundred pages since offering my 2 years of webOS experience as help. Sorry about that. Here are a few questions I found while skimming and I'll answer them best I can.

It comes with a read only version of quick office and they promise a full version soon. Google docs works great on it though.l

Yes.

Eh, it's not that slow. But 3.02 did make it faster. Then it's usable. But once you run the easy patches and overclock it, it's a demon.

Netflix was promised back in feb and sadly hasn't come yet. However, it's incredibly easy to get netflix to work through playON and other stuff like it.

I imagine. By most estimates there are upwards of 200k new touchpad owners trying to do it.

Rumors are coming out that HP tried to get a licensing deal in (likely with Samsung and/or HTC) before this announcement had to hit and they didn't make it. There is a lot of winking going on in the webOS division of HP that an announcement is immenent within 2 weeks.

Even still, depending on what your needs really are, there are a lot of great apps for it already. Far more than honeycomb had (and arguably has still) at launch.

This thread is moving so fast, please PM me if you have any questions about your new Touchpad and I'll paste it in here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot dude....btw cant i buy other cases instead of that one?

[quote name='jbLighty']Whats the difference between the IPS multitouch touchpad vs. $99 touchpad?[/QUOTE]

There is only one model with 2 different model numbers, never heard of such

[quote name='thrustbucket']Wow, I missed a hundred pages since offering my 2 years of webOS experience as help. Sorry about that. Here are a few questions I found while skimming and I'll answer them best I can.

Yes.

This thread is moving so fast, please PM me if you have any questions about your new Touchpad and I'll paste it in here.[/QUOTE]

i tried to pm thrustbucket but his mailbox is full, so im gonna post my question here, and if anyone else has info feel free to share.

'hi, thanks for your help in the hp touchpad thread.

i had a quick question for you, do you know of any drawing/sketching/painting apps for webOS?

i purchased the touchpad for use as a portable digital sketchbook and was looking for an app that was similar in function/features to sketchbook pro for ipad, or even as simple as the homebrew "Colors" on nintendo ds. i came across a webOS one called Coloroo but wasn't sure if it was compatible with the touchpad. Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks'

this deal has seriously distracted me from transfer applications and many self chores. and my amazon order shipped and i am still reading this thread..

I managed to return to my order/account from way earlier this morning when the HP site crashed and got a order through. They already charged my CC, but I wouldn't hold it against HP to cancel my order and refund.

I got an email from Kmart saying that my order was being held pending my calling their account line tomorrow. I'm taking this as a good sign because I was having it shipped to a different address from my billing address. I'll ask about price adjustment then and nuke it if they squawk.

[quote name='kube00']So anyone have any must have apps for the tablet?[/QUOTE]

uhh.
Angry Birds HD.
Accu Weather
Pandora...
not much.
Android port will change that.

I have a Pixi but you can't update it to webOS 3. Can they still communicate? I have seen some videos that say the Pre with webOS 3 and the Touch Pad have some type of connectivity.

[quote name='eliter1']I have a Pixi but you can't update it to webOS 3. Can they still communicate? I have seen some videos that say the Pre with webOS 3 and the Touch Pad have some type of connectivity.[/QUOTE]

they cant. unless the precentral community does it. you arent mising much. you can basically just email you the link of the site you are browsing to yourself, so when you hop on the touchpad you can continue.

[quote name='Malice']So... Any rumblings of price drops on accessories for this thing?[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know. I really want the touchstone bad but not at $60 to $70. Im guessing people have been buying the accessories for their new tablets so I'm not holding my breath

@thrustbucket:

How can we add books to be used with the kindle app. I have some e-guides for certain games that I have in mobi and epub formats but kindle won't recognize them. Sadly they are too big for preaders because they are over 10 MB.

Can anyone tell me how to locate my order number from HP SMB site? I don't have the number and haven't received an email from them yet. I got the confirmation page earlier today but didn't write it down. . . My iPad refreshed on me and then their site crashed and I lost all of the information on it. I can find a place to look up account info and order history on their normal site but not on the SMB site. I really just want to make sure my order gets canceled since I was lucky enough to score one of these from amazon.

[quote name='admiralvic']Interesting I got charged + order confirmation, but I dont think I got the order # email...[/QUOTE]

Same here.. I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see if my status updates or not.. then I'll call HP SMB and ask them..

By the way: do you guys think I should buy from another website? or just wait and see what happens to my HP SMB order?

Lastly, I would like to add that CAGers are infinitely better than SDers :D

Just got an e-mail from Kmart:

"Woo-hoo!
Your price adjustment request for the touchpad has been approved!
We have issued a credit back to your account for $399.01 to reflect the change in price from $549.00 to $149.99. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to post to your account.... blah, blah, blah."

:D

Does anyone have any updates on what's going on with those of us who received the "order could not be processed" notifications from SMB? Right now I'm taking it as if the order was just ignored/cancelled but I don't want them to charge me and put me on backorder, I already ordered it on Amazon and it's got the "shipping soon" label on it. Do I need to call HP SMB to cancel the order or is it safe to assume it didn't even go through?

lol someone in my area is selling preorders because he's supposed to receive several next week.

from his cl listing:

"I am receiving Six brand new HP Touchpad tablet PCs early next week. They are incredible devices running WebOS. I'm using a 32 GB Touchpad myself and love it!
Send me an email with your contact information. First come first served.

Cash firm price. Don't waste my time with low ball offers. I'm in no rush to sell them for less. They probably will sell for much more since they are sold out everywhere.
Brand New 16 GB HP Touchpad - $250
Brand New 32 GB HP Touchpad - $325

I will meet you at a public place (Starbucks). Thanks for looking."

i hope all his orders get canceled.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol someone in my area is selling preorders because he's supposed to receive several next week.

from his cl listing:

"I am receiving Six brand new HP Touchpad tablet PCs early next week. They are incredible devices running WebOS. I'm using a 32 GB Touchpad myself and love it!
Send me an email with your contact information. First come first served.

Cash firm price. Don't waste my time with low ball offers. I'm in no rush to sell them for less. They probably will sell for much more since they are sold out everywhere.
Brand New 16 GB HP Touchpad - $250
Brand New 32 GB HP Touchpad - $325

I will meet you at a public place (Starbucks). Thanks for looking."

i hope all his orders get canceled.[/QUOTE]

I hope nobody buys from him then he has to return it, but isn't able to for some reason and gets stuck with 6 Touchpads.

[quote name='Nagasami']There is only one model with 2 different model numbers, never heard of such[/QUOTE]
Happens/happened all the time, actually. Electronics manufacturers would sometimes give different retailers different model numbers so that the retailers could point to them and say, "Nope, we can't pricematch that. See? The model numbers aren't the same." I saw it a lot when trying to identify computers to order parts for customers, and I also saw it happen with home theater components and appliances. To be fair, sometimes there are actual differences than different text on a sticker, usually a missing/gimped component or port to create a cheaper version that could attract customers who only actually look at prices. (In which case, yeah, that really would be a different model.)

bread's done
Back