HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darknuke']You just gotta beat the flippers. I've gotten in like 10 orders (4 on Onsale, 4 on B&N, 2 on TD). I expect 4 onsale to get cancelled, 1 got cancelled from B&N, 3 are pending, and 2 from TD got confirmed. I don't plan on flipping any, but I've been able to grab a ton off different sites (plus the two I got from Office Depot store). You just gotta be diligent. Don't blame the flippers for you (and by you I mean everyone complaining about flippers) being unable to get orders.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame anybody, just saying that there are alot of people here claiming to be buying for family members to save face. Everyone knows they'll be on the forums for sale in a couple of weeks for a profit. Personally, i agree with you. If i could get a ton, i would do it too. The people on this site bitching are just mad because they didn't get any yet. I mean it's no different than someone selling 10 copies of the same game. Why are people so pissed now?

[quote name='Darknuke']You just gotta beat the flippers. I've gotten in like 10 orders (4 on Onsale, 4 on B&N, 2 on TD). I expect 4 onsale to get cancelled, 1 got cancelled from B&N, 3 are pending, and 2 from TD got confirmed. I don't plan on flipping any, but I've been able to grab a ton off different sites (plus the two I got from Office Depot store). You just gotta be diligent. Don't blame the flippers for you (and by you I mean everyone complaining about flippers) being unable to get orders.[/QUOTE]

Thank GOSHHHHHH!!!!!!! Someone else agrees with me!!!! Gotta be quick and prepared. Just because those people are about their business doesn't mean they are to be 'hated'!

Someone listed a site, within the last 20-30 pages, that will text when it's in stock!!!!! If someone wants it that bad, they'll look for that link. I don't remember what it's called.

[quote name='azrael888']Newegg has to price drop some time. Or if they send their stock back to HP that means HP will have more in stock at some point as well.

I mean you can still order them from their website at the 400 price tag. However they are probably not dropping just because people think that they will get a price match at some point and they won't but newegg gets all that profit...sad[/QUOTE]

You can? When I load the product page it says it is out of stock (both models) and to click to be auto-notified of availability.

I got all the way to the In Stock, Add To Cart page on TD... clicked Add To Cart... server died. Came back... item no longer available. It's gonna be a pain sharing one with my wife. She wants her own Angry Birds profile. LOL

[quote name='TheBomb69']My girlfriend called Onsale (very long hold) and the rep explained that they had 1,000 units and the closer you ordered to noon the better chance you have to get the order processed. Mine was around 2 so no sale.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean noon for the onsale orders? I am sure that deal started around 6 PM PST.

[quote name='TheBomb69']My girlfriend called Onsale (very long hold) and the rep explained that they had 1,000 units and the closer you ordered to noon the better chance you have to get the order processed. Mine was around 2 so no sale.[/QUOTE]

Noon Eastern, Pacific.... what???

From HP to Amazon, the Tablet Dilemma: Go Big or Go Home

HP-Touchpad-Launch-Party-660x440.jpg

This wasn't even two months ago!

[quote name='gamewizardx']What do you mean noon for the onsale orders? I am sure that deal started around 6 PM PST.[/QUOTE]

He must have meant noon his time. Apologies.

How is that possible when the OnSale thing went situation went on during the 5pm timeframe...

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Noon Eastern, Pacific.... what???[/QUOTE]

Pacific, though the agent (Indian) might have meant noon his time. So not sure sorry.

NewEgg has stock, they had 4 SKUs earlier today, 2 for 16 GB and 2 for 32 GB, 2 of the 4 SKUs have been out of stock and they were the normal MSRP.

The other 2 SKUs were in stock also at the previous HIGH MSRP price point.

Now all are out of stock mysteriously.

They have stock, they just dont want to get hit like the rest of the websites that got e-raped today.

[quote name='gamewizardx']Your a joke, I understand why you would buy one for each place because of the chance of being canceled but buying 3 or 4 from one place is just silly or your a flipper. If you are a flipper don't call others out that are having problems buying one. Most of us have to work and aren't depending on flipping these to make our rent.[/QUOTE]

Lol you want a list of who I'm buying these for, fine:

Mom
Dad
Sister
Girlfriend
my 2 Employees
my Dad's 2 employees

That comes out to 8 tablets. You are a dick for calling me a liar.

Why don't you QQ some more about not being fast enough to get a tab.

[quote name='snowmint']I want to cancel my on sale amazon order but it won't let me now. Does this mean I'm getting it from them?[/QUOTE]

No. Once an item is "shipping soon" you can't cancel it. OnSale are dicks for putting our orders in limbo (which they had to do themselves, it doesn't automatically do that) and then not actually going through with them. If I can, I'm giving them negative feedback on their store

[quote name='snowmint']I want to cancel my on sale amazon order but it won't let me now. Does this mean I'm getting it from them?[/QUOTE]

I can't cancel mine either though I don't think that means anything.

They will either ship you one or cancel it but you have no way to cancel anymore

Does anyone know if Walmart would take back an opened electronics product?

I'm happy to have my 32gb, but it was a little more than I wanted to spend ($164). If I can snag a 16gb for $110 or under, I'd probably return my 32gb.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darknuke']you aren't too late. Keep trying![/QUOTE]

TO WHERE??!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sad face.............)
seems like SOLD OUT everywhere.....

[quote name='Ronin317']Look, I can appreciate what you're trying to say here, but it'so far from the thought process of 99.9% of people, it's laughably idealistic. No one 'needs' a tablet. Hell, no one 'needs' the internet, if you want to get really philosophical about it.

But really, if even HP cared about that, they would have offered a student program before the general public got a hold of it, kind of a 'Student and Teacher' program like Adobe does.[/QUOTE]

Of course they "need" one, thats why a lot of courses are now loaning out things like Tablets/Nooks at the beginning of a course. Kids can't lug around all those books into places like a hospital, nor can most afford the printed versions of books. "Need" is definitely the right term. Need to make their lives not so miserable. As opposed to some guy who wants to make his wallet fatter. I imagine a lot more schools/courses are going to be loaning these out for students, not just my colleges Respiratory course

Just got this from HP:
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. We have received an unprecedented amount of orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. Therefore, order confirmation emails are still being processed. Be assured that your order has been captured. You should receive an automated order confirmation in the next 24-72 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price.

If you have any questions, please contact an HP representative at 866.625.0242 and choose option 3. Please note that we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, so we ask for your patience. We are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,

Your HP Business Promotions Team"

[/FONT]

kinda getting pissed at these online stores now. On-sale had near 100 thousand orders thats over 10 million dollars that was already charged to credit cards. 10 million they are making interest on everyday they dont say who got the tablets.. Very discouraging.. Same with Barnes and Noble...

[quote name='henryVIII']Does anyone know if Walmart would take back an opened electronics product?

I got a 32GB, but with tax it came to $164. If I can snag a 16gb for $110 or under, I'd probably return my 32gb.[/QUOTE]

You have one i doubt you will find a 16gb one just keep it

[quote name='gamewizardx']What do you mean noon for the onsale orders? I am sure that deal started around 6 PM PST.[/QUOTE]

It started before that, for sure. I ordered one before I left for work. (My shift starts at 4PM PST)

EDIT: I just checked the time I got my order confirmation email from Amazon. 3:01PM PST.

[quote name='arcurifisher']kinda getting pissed at these online stores now. On-sale had near 100 thousand orders thats over 10 million dollars that was already charged to credit cards. 10 million they are making interest on everyday they dont say who got the tablets.. Very discouraging.. Same with Barnes and Noble...[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that is how it works. Charges are only pending so it hasn't actually gone through.

[quote name='arcurifisher']kinda getting pissed at these online stores now. On-sale had near 100 thousand orders thats over 10 million dollars that was already charged to credit cards. 10 million they are making interest on everyday they dont say who got the tablets.. Very discouraging.. Same with Barnes and Noble...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really bother me. Charged it on my CC which was money I wasn't making money on anyways. If this passes a month time though, then I would be disappointed cause I have to pay my bill then haha.

[quote name='McNutsack']Of course they "need" one, thats why a lot of courses are now loaning out things like Tablets/Nooks at the beginning of a course. Kids can't lug around all those books into places like a hospital, nor can most afford the printed versions of books. "Need" is definitely the right term. Need to make their lives not so miserable. As opposed to some guy who wants to make his wallet fatter. I imagine a lot more schools/courses are going to be loaning these out for students, not just my colleges Respiratory course[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to say wahhh to that. I lugged books and a 6lb dell laptop around in the late 90s, and I survived. There's no 'need' to make college student's lives not so miserable. And those who cant afford the books are eligible for scholarship and book programs at most universities.

To that end, a tablet like a nook or kindle are much better suited to it than a full-featured tablet.

The money is pending on the credit card, I don't believe they have it on their account or are making interest off of it.

Calm down people, jeesh. If you get one, you get one. If not, you obviously wont die. Why must you place 15 different orders for 15 different sites and then complain that you still have to wait.

Im sure everyone here could managing an inventory system for a website than they can, we are all the best at everything here arent we?? Relax, read the forum, stop crying

It appears that Onsale has no idea what they're talking about. Another person called them and they said they had over 4000.

Well my 32 gb order from kmart I ordered yesterday just got cancelled.... My 16gb order on friday from kmart is still pedning, fingers crossed. No word yet from HP on those....
I thought I had a ray of hope with Circuit City website, they are showing the 32gb in stock, however it will not add correctly to the cart, boo

[quote name='luettke10']DataVis is going to ship out the touchpads towards the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

Where u get that info from?

I ordered one from Newegg at $400 like three hours ago and it now has been shipped. If they don't drop the price by then, I will refuse the delivery and kick it back. Then I won't buy stuff anymore.

Just got an HP SMB store confirmation for a 32 GB from an order about 3 AM Saturday morning. Had free shipping and they authorized my card for $163.xx (CA Tax) but now they are charging me $7 extra for freight. I am happy it actually seems like I'll be getting one but did this happen to anyone else?

I wish onsale would say if it was cancelled or not. I don't have the money to order multiple tablets like some people, so in the meantime they are holding me up from possibly getting it somewhere else, and by the time they tell me,

I'm worried it will be too late to get one for this price elsewhere. And in the meantime they are holding over a hundred dollars on my checking account. Beyond frustrated and pissed with this whole situation.

I finally got a 32GB for myself! I got the shipping notification from Best Buy. Ordered it early in the morning once the price drop hit. Woohoo!

[quote name='McNutsack']Of course they "need" one, thats why a lot of courses are now loaning out things like Tablets/Nooks at the beginning of a course. Kids can't lug around all those books into places like a hospital, nor can most afford the printed versions of books. "Need" is definitely the right term. Need to make their lives not so miserable. As opposed to some guy who wants to make his wallet fatter. I imagine a lot more schools/courses are going to be loaning these out for students, not just my colleges Respiratory course[/QUOTE]

There is so much wrong with this. Oh the humanity, students actually might have to carry around physical books if they dont get the hp touchpad! I personally think physical books are better for studying purposes. But besides that, generations of students have managed to "lug" around their books without any problem. I am pretty sure the current generation will survive. More importantly, you mention not being able to afford physical versions of books. I have news for you, in many many cases, the e version of textbooks are pretty close to the same price as list. They also cannot be purchased used or sold when you are through, which can make them ever more expensive then the physical version.

As to the wallet fatter statement, your "poor" students wallet would be made fatter by the alleged savings you talk about. Why is the poor student more deserving of a fatter wallet then somebody who sells one for profit. They could be poor themselves and use that money to help fund their "poor" child's eduction. Some people's sense of entitlement to things they do not deserve is beyond belief.

The sad part is that most people are going to get these and realize it's not an iPad. They won't know how to put Android on it and if they somehow figure that out and get it on there it STILL won't be an iPad.

If I don't get one now, I'll bet in a month or two they'll be dirt cheap on eBay.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I wish onsale would say if it was cancelled or not. I don't have the money to order multiple tablets like some people, so in the meantime they are holding me up from possibly getting it somewhere else, and by the time they tell me,

I'm worried it will be too late to get one for this price elsewhere. And in the meantime they are holding over a hundred dollars on must checking account. Beyond frustrated and pissed with this whole situation.[/QUOTE]

I with you, this is my exact reasoning for my frustration. I mean I could go around placing orders on other sites, but I'd like to have some money in my checking account for necessities and not have like $600 tied up all over the internet! :roll:

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I'm in the same boat. Someone posted earlier that the status for his order was "ships in null days" or something like that and confirmed with BB that it was going to be canceled. Mine says "0-1 days." like yours. Just the fact the cancel option is no longer available gives me some hope that this order will be fulfilled. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

my order from bby just shipped

[quote name='Ronin317']I'm inclined to say wahhh to that. I lugged books and a 6lb dell laptop around in the late 90s, and I survived. There's no 'need' to make college student's lives not so miserable. And those who cant afford the books are eligible for scholarship and book programs at most universities.

To that end, a tablet like a nook or kindle are much better suited to it than a full-featured tablet.[/QUOTE]
I graduated in 2008 and had no problem lugging text books around when necessary and I didn't have any sort of portable computer. In fact, I was the only student in my chemical engineering class who didn't have a graphing calculator but I managed to get by just fine.

You don't need a tablet to get through school, and if people are willing to pay face value for text books without looking elsewhere first, it's their own fault.

bread's done
Back