HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ElektroDragon']Exactly, they're realize its BETTER than an iPad.[/QUOTE]
It may not be better, but it's a better VALUE than the iPad.

[quote name='sundoro']Touchpad fail... and English fail.[/QUOTE]

The article update says the speed test is vague. No report on exactly what twice as fast even means. Video? Loading web pages? HP also has a bunch of debugging stuff running that may not have been on during this test. Read this article to get better performance out of your tablet. Even if you do not want to load preware it will help somewhat.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-news/how-to-improve-the-performance-of-your-new-hp-touchpad/3866

"Just to clarify one more thing as well, we have heard that Enyo apps were tested on the iPad, although we were also specifically told that webOS was tested natively in some fashion on the iPad. It’s unclear which of these tests the speed estimate was based on."

Man it was great to go to work today and stay away from this whole ordeal for 8 straight hours.... Now back to it!

I see they're dropping on Craigslist finally, multiple ones at $200 in my area. I hope my datavis ships (and soon), but if not, I have a feeling finding one for a reasonable price won't be a problem due to all those dumbass hoarders who are going to be begging people to buy them at or even below cost just to get money back in their pockets.

I just got my "Your item is on its way (i.e. it shipped and gave me the tracking number)" email from Best Buy :D!

For those of you who are wondering, I ordered mine to my house and paid the $9 shipping charge around 7:05am EST yesterday morning.

This is a REALLY good sign for those who ordered from BB!

And there it goes... BN cancelled my order. Darn... so, HP SB order that I don't have a confirmation e-mail for yet, or TigerDirect with google checkout that I'm extremely skeptical about are my last two possibilities for one... I'm thinking I have a better chance with HP, though it's the 32GB one which is a little annoying, but oh well.

[quote name='sundoro']Touchpad fail... and English fail.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting. Basically HP is leaking this to entice someone to buy the webos because they know they can produce a better piece of hardware.

B&N canceled. Fingers cross for onSale now. I got in on that before they went out of stock the first time, so will be a little peeved if that doesn't pan out.

icames.png

i came

If you received a "recycled" Fedex number from HP, they have updated the tracking

[quote name='Pookymeister']B&N canceled. Fingers cross for onSale now. I got in on that before they went out of stock the first time, so will be a little peeved if that doesn't pan out.[/QUOTE]

did u actually get a cancellation email from B&N? Cuz i ordered last night and still havent.

My grammar is fine, it was obviously just a typo.

And that performance article reeks of BS, because everything is very fast and responsive on mine, with great multitasking. I can hardly imagine it faster.

[quote name='Nagasami']NEWARK!!!! so close to MEH[/QUOTE]

awesome
i live near the uh Portguese/Spanish/Brazilians and Hispanics and not the uh.. colored people ;)

[quote name='seether254']did u actually get a cancellation email from B&N? Cuz i ordered last night and still havent.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they are being sent out now apparently

[quote name='cRodz']awesome
i live near the uh Portguese/Spanish/Brazilians and Hispanics and not the uh.. colored people ;)[/QUOTE]

I fucking love the Ironbound haha. Nothing like a Portuguese feast before a Devils game haha

[quote name='waxHead']Sell those TouchPads and buy an iPad:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/29/hp-touchpad-review/

Other than potential resale value, these HP TouchPads seem pretty pointless.[/QUOTE]

Your link and comment are pointless.

I bet you the writer of that article went out and got himself 2 more at $100. Reviews factor in price. I'm a huge apple fan and even I can see the value (emphasis on value) of the touchpad at $100.

---

Those portugese restaurants in newark are awesome.

[quote name='Vader582']Newegg is back up...$400 for the 16gb model.:roll:[/QUOTE]

LOL no they are not back up. It's been like that all day since about 10 AM.

At this point I think they'll either send their stock back to HP or try and do a Shell Shocker Deal like someone had mentioned or one of their other deals, like a 48 hour one or weekend deal or something.

[quote name='sundoro']Lol! This was the second post of yours that I saw where your gf wasn't so high on the order of precedence. Like an addendum almost.[/QUOTE]

well of course i'm getting some for my family first lol. That only makes sense ;). My gf can just use mine if I can't get her one.

[quote name='Nagasami']Ipad = Price too high..

6x HP Touchpad = 1x Ipad in price comparison[/QUOTE]

$500 for 1 iPad for an individual.

$500 for 5 Touchpads for a whole family.

One of these things is not like the other.

no cancellation from B&N YET...., hopefully what that guy said about if youve ordered before you get priority because I have ordered from them a few times before

[quote name='confoosious']I bet you most companies will shrug it off as the "SD effect" and figure "whatever, this won't happen again." If they were gonna learn a lesson, they probably would have already in the great wii frenzy of 08.

As for HP, they might also think this is a one time deal and they want to get out of dealing with the public anyway.

People might call me an Amazon fanboy but god bless em for always continuing to improve their systems for deals like these. Some were cynical about them putting it as a lightning deal but I suspect maybe they have highly refined their lightning deal process/servers so that they could handle the volume of something like this.[/QUOTE]Regardless of the reason they're thinking this is going on, there are a number of companies I'm less than thrilled with because they have some pretty piss-poor inventory management.

Amazon has done a much better job than others we can certainly mention on making sure inventory didn't outstrip orders being placed, as they did learn over the years (BF 2008 and BF 2009) about how to take a pounding and keep going.

With the amount of automation possible on situations like there, there are no reasons these days to not be able to shut off ordering when your inventory is used up.

[quote name='Unickuta']I fucking love the Ironbound haha. Nothing like a Portuguese feast before a Devils game haha[/QUOTE]

Yeh dude
Delicious food and walking Brazilian MILFs :cool:

this reminds me i HAVE to see a Devils game!
i just seem to always forget. gah.

[quote name='seether254']did u actually get a cancellation email from B&N? Cuz i ordered last night and still havent.[/QUOTE]

I did, the e-mail was sitting in my spam folder :/

[quote name='killer9']And everyone here would buy an ipad 2 if it was 99 dolars 99 dollars is the magic price point for almost any high end electronics[/QUOTE]

i would pretty much kill for an iPad 2 if it was going for 99 bucks and i hate everything apple except for their MacAirs (expensive!) and iPhones
lol

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://www.anandtech.com/show/4658/its-not-qualcomms-fault-dispelling-touchpad-myths/2

This kind of clears thing up about touchpad performance...very tech heavy.[/QUOTE]

I had a launch Pre and there's a reason I passed on getting the TouchPad. Cheap hardware, crappy OS. If Android ever appears on it, AND BECOMES STABLE, I might care, but by then, there'll be a real solution that won't require SofKeys always running.
That said, at $100, it'd be a fun toy to mess around with, but until Android is ready, be prepared for a lot of boring times.

[quote name='killer9']And everyone here would buy an ipad 2 if it was 99 dolars 99 dollars is the magic price point for almost any high end electronics[/QUOTE]

DEFFFF :hot:

[quote name='Nagasami']im just saying the price of IPAD is 6 times of HP and when I could just buy one HP and still be pretty good with what ipad can do...[/QUOTE]

Definitely - it's the cheapest way into the tablet market, that's for sure. I don't own any of them, but I'd save another $500 and buy an iPad before I'd spend $100 on one of these. If I was determined enough to try and resell the TouchPads, then I'd consider the $100 purchase(s) worthwhile.

[quote name='waxHead']Definitely - it's the cheapest way into the tablet market, that's for sure. I don't own any of them, but I'd save another $500 and buy an iPad before I'd spend $100 on one of these. If I was determined enough to try and resell the TouchPads, then I'd consider the $100 purchase(s) worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

I would never spent $600 on a tablet! Word!!

[quote name='M3wThr33']I had a launch Pre and there's a reason I passed on getting the TouchPad. Cheap hardware, crappy OS. If Android ever appears on it, AND BECOMES STABLE, I might care, but by then, there'll be a real solution that won't require SofKeys always running.
That said, at $100, it'd be a fun toy to mess around with, but until Android is ready, be prepared for a lot of boring times.[/QUOTE]

Ok but it is not the hardware that is the problem here as far as I can read it.

[quote name='waxHead']Definitely - it's the cheapest way into the tablet market, that's for sure. I don't own any of them, but I'd save another $500 and buy an iPad before I'd spend $100 on one of these. If I was determined enough to try and resell the TouchPads, then I'd consider the $100 purchase(s) worthwhile.[/QUOTE]
Asus Transformer >>>>>>>> iPad

The HP Tab is literally just as good as an iPad except for its App store. That's the only difference between the two. The touch interfaces on both are outstanding, the speeds are outstanding, I can run the highest end game I could find on the app store very smoothly, and it has almost all the features I need.

The only thing the HP Tab doesn't have that makes it considerably worse as a device in general is Netflix. The rest of the random ass apps in the store don't really matter to me as much as Netflix does. Oh well, for $100 I could care less.

Forgive me because I know this has been discussed somewhere in the 205 pages but has Amazon PM'ed this? I wasn't going to spend money on this but I have a good $200 in Amazon credit and wouldn't mind using that to buy this. Any word on if they'll run a sale?

did anyone who bought on ebay from datavis_sales ship yet? i know i got a confirmation email yesterday, but still hasn't shipped yet...i was in the 500-order range

[quote name='shrike4242']Regardless of the reason they're thinking this is going on, there are a number of companies I'm less than thrilled with because they have some pretty piss-poor inventory management.

Amazon has done a much better job than others we can certainly mention on making sure inventory didn't outstrip orders being placed, as they did learn over the years (BF 2008 and BF 2009) about how to take a pounding and keep going.

With the amount of automation possible on situations like there, there are no reasons these days to not be able to shut off ordering when your inventory is used up.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree. I just don't think those companies you're thinking of will do anything.

I have no idea how Onsale could've fucked up their inventory on amazon. Unless they have their own site(s) and decided to fulfill the orders they took on their site before they fulfilled amazon orders.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Forgive me because I know this has been discussed somewhere in the 205 pages but has Amazon PM'ed this? I wasn't going to spend money on this but I have a good $200 in Amazon credit and wouldn't mind using that to buy this. Any word on if they'll run a sale?[/QUOTE]

You're a couple days too late to this party.

bread's done
Back